• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last two pieces

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
  • I am not sure who I could add to the set of four I have set up right now. I know I need some Special attackers, but I am not sure who. I am playing with the ideal of Talonflame (for Priority) and Meowstic. Would like some input. Thanks

Garchomp (F) @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Rough Skin
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Dragon Claw
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake
    - Protect

Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Flamethrower
    - Hydro Pump
    - Dragon Pulse

Tyranitar (F) @ Tyranitarite
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Rock Slide
    - Flamethrower
    - Dark Pulse
    - Protect

Azumarill (F) @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Huge Power
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Aqua Jet
    - Waterfall
    - Protect
    - Play Rough

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
    Ability: Gale Wings
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Adamant Nature
    - Brave Bird
    - Tailwind
    - Flare Blitz
    - Quick Guard

Meowstic (M) @ Light Clay
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Psychic
    - Thunder Wave
    - Light Screen
    - Safeguard

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2014
    Personally, I would use Rocky Helmet on a super bulky pokemon that can recover, for instance, Snorlax.Since Snorlax is a beefy special wall, the enemy will be forced to go physical to try and break you.

I would also avoid using 2 dragons on a team.

Tyranitar is, well, not so great for this team as the only other Pokemon that can sit in the sandstorm and not take damage would be your Garchomp. also, from my experience, Mega Tyranitar isn't that great. One fighting type physical attack and you're out of a Pokemon. Now, if you REALLY wanted to use Ttar, you should breed Dragon Dance onto one, then send it out vs a special attacker to force it to swap, since Sandstorm is going to boost Ttar's special defense. Send it out, force the swap, as they swap, Dragon Dance and sweep.

Meowstic works just fine as is.

If you want an interesting special attacker, grab a Porygon 2, have it with the Download Ability, give it a Eviolite to boost it's defenses, EV it got Special Attack and HP (since its speed is crap anyway), and send it out against Pokemon you know have mediocre special defense.

Download will boost Porygon 2's Attack or Special attack depending on which defense is lower on the opponent's Pokemon. Time it right, and it'll be just about set up as a special sweeper right out of the Pokeball. Give it Agility and you'll be good to go.

If you're going to use Salamence as a Choice Scarf sweeper, you don't need 2 dragon type moves on it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Like Bonbalon said, Sand Stream doesn't benefit your team that much. However, don't let this discourage you from using it. If it were me, I would drop the Tyranitarite off of Tyranitar, as he doesn't really need it. Also, why not consider using him as a lead? A good set is:

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash/Leftovers/Your Choice
    Adamant/Hasty/Mild
    252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 Spe
    - Stealth Rock
    - Crunch
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake

This set allows you to set up Stealth Rock, thanks to Focus Sash. Also it can still be used Mid-Game to hit REALLY hard thanks to it's Atk Investment. Honestly, a Special Attack Ttar isn't that great, especially when its Physical move pool is still really good.

Also, if you'd like to take Advantage of your Sand even more, perhaps you Mega could be Mawile, & you could replace Azumarill for it. A good set could be:

Mawile @ Mawilite
    Adamant
    252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 SpDef
    - Swords Dance
    - Sucker Punch
    - Iron Head
    - Play Rough

This set causes you to deal HUGE damage, and if you can get a swords dance off, or even 2, goodbye to anything that doesn't resist it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Like Bonbalon said, Sand Stream doesn't benefit your team that much. However, don't let this discourage you from using it. If it were me, I would drop the Tyranitarite off of Tyranitar, as he doesn't really need it. Also, why not consider using him as a lead? A good set is:

Adamant/Hasty/Mild
    252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 Spe
    - Stealth Rock
    - Crunch
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake

This set allows you to set up Stealth Rock, thanks to Focus Sash. Also it can still be used Mid-Game to hit REALLY hard thanks to it's Atk Investment. Honestly, a Special Attack Ttar isn't that great, especially when its Physical move pool is still really good.

Also, if you'd like to take Advantage of your Sand even more, perhaps you Mega could be Mawile, & you could replace Azumarill for it. A good set could be:

Mawile @ Mawilite
    Adamant
    252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 SpDef
    - Swords Dance
    - Sucker Punch
    - Iron Head
    - Play Rough

This set causes you to deal HUGE damage, and if you can get a swords dance off, or even 2, goodbye to anything that doesn't resist it.
    This team is a doubles team. Each Pokemon there plays differently than in singles, such as Talonflame's use of Quick Guard and the widespread use of Protect and spread moves like Rock Slide.

Tyranitar should use:
    -Rock Slide
    -Crunch/Fire Blast
    -Low Kick
    -Protect
    Nature: Adamant/Brave
    EVs: 252 HP/220 Atk/36 Spe
    Item: Chople Berry

or
    -Rock Slide
    -Crunch
    -Superpower/Low Kick
    -Fire Blast/Ice Beam
    Nature: Naive
    EVs: 76 Atk/180 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf

or
    -Rock Slide
    -Crunch/Fire Blast
    -Low Kick/Superpower
    -Protect
    Nature: Jolly/Naive
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Focus Sash

In doubles, the fast pace there doesn't give Mawile enough time to set up Swords Dance:
    -Play Rough
    -Iron Head
    -Sucker Punch
    -Protect
    Nature: Brave/Adamant
    EVs: 252 HP/180 Atk/40 Def/36 SDef
    Item: Mawilite
    Ability: Intimidate/Hyper Cutter

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Adamant/Hasty/Mild
    252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 Spe
    - Stealth Rock
    - Crunch
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake

This team is for doubles/VGC (which Adrian often forgets to tell people). Entry hazards aren't used much in doubles/VGC. On the set you posted, Adamant is the only nature to use, since Mild is +Sp.Attack -Defense and that set has only physical attacks, while Hasty would only be used on a Dragon Dance Ttar (and Jolly would be preferred on that). Focus Sash is also borderline useless because this is for doubles.

Assualt Vest Ttar or Dragon Dance Ttar is probably better for this team.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • This team is for doubles/VGC (which Adrian often forgets to tell people). Entry hazards aren't used much in doubles/VGC. On the set you posted, Adamant is the only nature to use, since Mild is +Sp.Attack -Defense and that set has only physical attacks, while Hasty would only be used on a Dragon Dance Ttar (and Jolly would be preferred on that). Focus Sash is also borderline useless because this is for doubles.

Assualt Vest Ttar or Dragon Dance Ttar is probably better for this team.

This guy knows me soo well lol. yes sorry. It is for VGC

This team is a doubles team. Each Pokemon there plays differently than in singles, such as Talonflame's use of Quick Guard and the widespread use of Protect and spread moves like Rock Slide.

Tyranitar should use:
    -Rock Slide
    -Crunch/Fire Blast
    -Low Kick
    -Protect
    Nature: Adamant/Brave
    EVs: 252 HP/220 Atk/36 Spe
    Item: Chople Berry

or
    -Rock Slide
    -Crunch