• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Latios or Latias?

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Both are good, but I don't really prefer one over the other. They're the same design but slightly varied so it's hard to decide.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I love both so it is hard to pick one over the other for me... but if I had to, I would go with Latios simply because I like the color blue a bit more than red. I also used Latios more than Latias in my games.

They always take forever to capture for me though >.>

Years
  • Age 31
  • they/them
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Over the years I've learned to just love both of them. At one point I loved Latios more and at another point I loved Latias more and now they're pretty balanced. I don't remember any times I actually caught Latias, though, so most of my love for her comes from her design and the Movie, I suppose.

Latios on the other hand I actually have a soft spot for because when I first played Ruby I caught Latios with the first ball I threw - a Premier Ball. It was certainly a highlight for me when that happened.

Years
I remember how massively excited I was to catch these two....they're adorable. Saved my Master Ball specifically for them. I chose Latias and friend chose Latios, way back then I preferred Latios a bit more but lately I love Latias so very much since she is just that innocent and precious lol. Especially in the movies. Going forward I'll probably keep choosing Latias. * *

Lord Flamingo

Hmm, pretzels.
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 13, 2018
Latios. Yes, Latias may be a cuter Pokémon and the red color really helps, but Latios looks like a more serious, powerful and generally "tough" Pokémon. I also prefer blue over red, so that's a big point.

Back