• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Leaf and/or Red?

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Red only plzkthnxbai. Red is legendary. Leaf was only really put in so that there was a female play choice. No disrespect to her though, shes an awesome player character.

And I second having him only say "..." The silent protagonist thing is great; I get the idea that it is supposed to be representative of how far you've come since Gen I. You've explored a new area, you've re-explored the old one, and now it's time to test yourself... against yourself. In the context of the game though, it's new legend versus old legend.

Also, I hope they make some Gen IV art for Red.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I prefer Red too, and maybe they could think of him gaining his title for having the most strongest leveled Pokémon, since Barry took that away. I wouldn't mind seeing Red with DPPt spriting and new design either, as long as it still looks like him and cool too.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    For some reason I can't outline, I doubt very much that we'll be seeing Leaf in the remakes. Perhaps you have to take on both Red and Leaf in a double battle, but I can't see that happening either. Maybe you run into her in Pallet Town.

I don't know. It just doesn't seem like it's going to happen. Leaf never had any real ties to the storyline, while Red was the guy who took down Team Rocket, you know?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I see the point above me. If Leaf were put into the game then it might only be for a small little portion, not something as big as what Red had.

Years
    Red is a beast. I want to battle him again. I don't want to battle the FrLg version of him, but the GS version of Red. By replacing the old Red with the FrLg Red in this game takes away his awesomeness and the epic-ness of this battle. It would be an epic battle versing the GS Red. FrLg Red looks kinda...let's just say feminine. No offense to anyone. I'm sorry. But if they replace GS' Red with the FrLg Red, it won't be epic in my opinion.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    They don't even have to make GS Red look like FRLG Red, just make him a little modern like how they did with Gold. I don't really care how he looks though, I just want to enjoy the thrill of battling him again.

Years
    How about this-
    -Battle/defeat Red
    -Fight Leaf when you get back to Pallet Town, or maybe in New Bark if you end up back there after the battle
    -Somehow have a double battle with the two of them later, either at Mt Silver or Pallet Town(seriously- how long has Red been away?) If they do this, maybe they could even have Silver show up and help out?

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    When you guys talked about her appearing in a place you would never expect, I thought...
    Maybe Leaf would suddenly walk up to you in a random spot and battle you. That would teach people to save the game more frequently.

...I was joking, 'kay...?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Maybe they could make Leaf a special appearance before you battle Red. For example, right before Red and you battle she could come in and say something like "Hey what's going on?" or something like that.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Having Leaf a secret in the game with a random appearance and a tough battle sounds nice, and hopefully if they decide to add in Leaf for battle, I'd like her to be challenging with tough Pokémon as well.

How about this-
    -Battle/defeat Red
    -Fight Leaf when you get back to Pallet Town, or maybe in New Bark if you end up back there after the battle
    -Somehow have a double battle with the two of them later, either at Mt Silver or Pallet Town(seriously- how long has Red been away?) If they do this, maybe they could even have Silver show up and help out?

I prefer Red too, and maybe they could think of him gaining his title for having the most strongest leveled Pokémon, since Barry took that away. I wouldn't mind seeing Red with DPPt spriting and new design either, as long as it still looks like him and cool too.

So your saying you would have to face her in the Elite Four?

Anyways, I think it would be a good idea if Leaf was a rival to you or a partner that would catch you around and battle you all around the towns and cities.

I think Leaf should be in a hidden spot in Pallet Town...or something of the sort.
    She'd have her own theme music and everything.
    Battle Red and Leaf is epicness within epicness.

OK, this might get confusing, so...here we go.

IMO, it would be awesome to be able to battle both Red and Leaf (I really wish Nintendo gives 'em official names someday, my choices are Wyatt and Mariah, respectively :P). Here's what I propose for HG/SS:

• Have Leaf/Red (opposite of your gender) emerge in Pallet Town and act as your new rival for your journey through Kanto (if Silver doesn't pursue you). Inexplicably, they'll have weak Pokemon at the start who will get stronger later, as if Leaf/Red were a normal rival. Also, your rival appears at random spots (Pokemon levels will be adjusted to be lower than the Kanto Gym Leader's Pokemon of who you are about to face)

• Fight Red/Leaf (the one you fight here corresponds to your gender) at Mt. Silver (the Pokemon should be higher than Barry's Pokemon, I agree)

• Return to Johto and unexpectedly fight Leaf/Red (your Kanto rival) at Goldenrod City in a hidden location (reason for this city is that Mt. Silver has one of Johto's major battles; Goldenrod City is Johto's major city in terms of size. Plus, Mt. Silver contrasts Goldenrod City nicely)

• Return to New Bark Town and fight both Red and Leaf in a double battle.

• Afterwards, both Red and Leaf become so strong that they replace Lance as the new Champions. Again, you fight them in an epic double battle. This should be in a new E4 Second Wave, where each E4 member has their party revised and leveled up more. The E4 Second Wave should be the E4 you fight from then on.

• Maybe Silver appearing in Kanto for some reason could be a nice subplot...either running the Viridian Gym or for some other reason.

Even if my idea doesn't come to fruition, I still want both Red and Leaf in HG/SS somehow, at the very least. The one who matches your gender should be stationed at Mt. Silver, then you fight the opposite gender one somewhere else (IMO, Goldenrod City), and then you face both of them in a double battle somewhere else (IMO, you revisit them at Mt. Silver where the epicness all began...) Oh, and new theme music for Red and Leaf (2 new themes) would be awesome.

And for the sprites, I'd much rather have FR/LG Red than GSC Red:

Leaf and/or Red?
    Spoiler:

FR/LG's Red looks like he means way more business than RBY/GSC's Red. Also, if Leaf is included, the sprites wouldn't match if you have Red from Gen. I and Leaf from Gen. III. But both Red and Leaf could have new sprites/artwork in HG/SS, possibly...

FR/LG Red and Leaf both appearing in HG/SS FTW!
    :D

Last edited:

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    I think Red should appear as the final challenge for the Male player and Leaf the final challenge for the female player.

Years
    I respect your opinion, Fenyx4, however, I would prefer otherwise. Sure the FrLg Artwork looks like he means business, but after comparing the two sprites (below), I still would prefer versing the original Red and not the new FrLg Red. It's just what I prefer. It wouldn't seem as epic, because FrLg is still fairly new to me. I'm not speaking for anyone else other than myself.

Leaf and/or Red?

(Credit goes to spriters-resource for providing the sprites.)

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2011
    I'd love to see this happen. I'd also love cameos from the other characters, but idk if that's going to happen.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Leaf and/or Red?
    GymLeaderLily, I've got to disagree with you, the new Red looks really nice, and I won't mind seeing him in HGSS.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    It would be great to see them both there. But no matter what happens, Red has to be the Mt.Silver challenge. It wouldn't feel right, otherwise.

At least other generation characters wouldn't have this problem:
    -Gen 4: Opposite gender becomes professor's assistant.
    -Gen 3: Professor's child.
    -Here, we have the new role for the opposite gender.
    -Gen 1: Didn't originally have a female character, but when she was introduced in the remakes, the opposite gender never showed up during the story.

That said, theres still nothing stopping them from adding in both characters in somehow. All we can do is wait and see.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    [For the 3rd and 4th Gen Heros]I think The male and Female Character In Hoenn and Sinnoh Wouldnt be in the game for Some Reason
    -Sinnoh and Hoenn are Far From Johto while Kanto is Fairly Near.
    -If thier in Johto it mean You can Go to sinnoh and Hoenn.
    -Even If you cant,Still it wouldnt make sense the others came to Johto/Kanto while you cant.

On topic; It might be a Good Idea To fight Red and Leaf In Johto/Kanto,But I dont think leaf would make it since in the original G/S She wasnt there. Just my though correct me of im wrong.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The more I think about it, the more I doubt we might see Leaf. Even if she is shown, I don't think it'll be for a big battle or anything, but who knows...

Back