• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Leaf and/or Red?

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    Better yet, Red in Mt. Silver, Leaf in random place, then an epic double battle you+other character choice vs. Red+Leaf!

i really hope you can battle Leaf, she's the only playable female Pokemon character I've liked yet.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I wouldn't mind seeing Leaf included in HG/SS. It would be a nice reminder of FR/LG remakes, and including previous remakes in the new remakes. I just don't want to see her replace Red, because the battle with Red in my original Silver game is one of the most clear memories for me, and it would lose just a little bit of the nostalgic factor.

As for the old!Red versus the new!Red, I prefer the new!Red from FR/LG. He looks less like Ash from the anime (different clothes, face, and hair), and would further separate the games from the anime, since they are two different canons. Just something I like about FR/LG Red.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I think that would be an interesting idea for GameFreak to try out, but it would kind of defeat the purpose of Red's epicness and being the strongest trainer up until the DPPt generation. That being said, Red needs to beat Pearl in this remake.

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    In G/S/C we faced Red in the final battle on Mt. Silver. It only makes sense that Leaf would show up too somewhere. One of my friends made a prediction that Leaf might replace Red if you play as a girl on Mt. Silver. I personally think she wont be in at all or just be a minor NPC somewhere in Kanto (like Riley or Marley). What are your guy's thoughts?
    If that's true, then I'm most definitely choosing the guy. As much as I'm okay with the new girl and I like Leaf/Blue, I would much rather face off against Red like I used to.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Red shows up in Mt. Silver, Leaf shows up in the Kanto Elite as champion. A cool twist in my opinion, and could possible work.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I never played as leaf, so it would be intersting beating yourself if you played as Leaf in FRLG. Of course, I did play as Red, so it's the same thing.

Years
    Red shows up in Mt. Silver, Leaf shows up in the Kanto Elite as champion. A cool twist in my opinion, and could possible work.

That sounds like a very interesting idea. I would like that very much, but possibly edit Leaf's clothing to make her look more "Champion-like." (I guess you can tell I'm not really a Lance fan from this post.)

As for Red, the new sprite does look nice; it's just I would like if classic Red was there. (Similar to those of you who would have preferred Kris over the new girl.) But whether or not they use the FrLg sprite of Red, I'll deal with it. I'm not going to make a big fuss on one small aspect of the game. I wouldn't mind if there was more mentioning of Red in Mount Silver. People who have a slight possibility of mentioning Red: Oak, Red's mom, Daisy, Gary (Default name), Misty, Brock, and Lance. I would like to know why Red is in Mount Silver in the first place. (I don't remember hearing about it in GSC.)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I would like to see Red in Mt. Silver, while Leaf appears there as well wondering what's going on. It'd be pretty cool if it could end up in a double battle as well.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    Okay, consider it like this:
    Battling Red in Mt Silver is suppose to be like battling yourself from the previous game. Because Red, Blue, & Yellow had no female trainer, it was Red regardless of the gender chosen in Crystal. However, FR/LG gave us a Female option, based off of Blue from PokeSpe, thus I think who you fight will depend on whether you chose the male or female trainer. The Male getting to fight Red and the Female getting to fight Leaf.

However, I'd love to be able to fight both. Maybe keep Red in Mt Silver and fight Leaf at the previously unseen White Rock that Prof. Oak mentioned as being in Kanto during D/P/Pl.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    You know what, seeing Leaf at the White Rock spotting wouldn't be a terrible idea. A lot of people think it'll differ between your choice in gender and who you fight, which I wouldn't mind, because if they keep the same Pokémon as the original Red, then it'll just be like fighting Red only as a different gender...Weird but, it wouldn't make too much of a difference on my part.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    WARNING: This is completely biased, in.. more than several ways.

I... would like to fight Red, just like in the originals. Though yes, Leaf should be in HS and SS as perhaps the training the female battles, if that ends up being the case... I may end up switching genders, because I like fighting Red, and well... yeah. Warning. XD;

However, I'd love to be able to fight both. Maybe keep Red in Mt Silver and fight Leaf at the previously unseen White Rock that Prof. Oak mentioned as being in Kanto during D/P/Pl.
    I do love this idea a lot, though. There had been nothing about the White Rock yet, so it would be quite awesome if that ends up being the place where you fight Leaf, and Red just continues to be where he usually is up in the cave of Mt. Silver. :3

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    WARNING: This is completely biased, in.. more than several ways.

I... would like to fight Red, just like in the originals. Though yes, Leaf should be in HS and SS as perhaps the training the female battles, if that ends up being the case... I may end up switching genders, because I like fighting Red, and well... yeah. Warning. XD;

I do love this idea a lot, though. There had been nothing about the White Rock yet, so it would be quite awesome if that ends up being the place where you fight Leaf, and Red just continues to be where he usually is up in the cave of Mt. Silver. :3

Nothing is really biased about that to me, I mean I basically see it as a personal preference. More people would prefer Red because he's from the original, just like if Leaf was in the original over Red at that time, more people would prefer to battle her over Red.

In addition, I too like the idea mentioned, because it'll explain what the White Rock was all about in the first place.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yes but it's more likely that Red in G/S/C is supposed to be the "Red" from the manga; than the protagonist from R/B/Y.

That I agree with for your part, though your wording before made it mean something different to me.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    Yes but it's more likely that Red in G/S/C is supposed to be the "Red" from the manga; than the protagonist from R/B/Y.
    I disagree, if it was the Red from the Manga, then he'd actually have dialogue as well as his hat would be backwards, as PokeSpe's Red wore it until the FR/LG arc. Remember that G/S/C's Red only said "..." as a nod to him being a silent protagonist in R/B/Y. The screen also goes black after you defeat him to reference how the player character in R/B/Y "blacked out" after he was defeated. He also had all the starters to reference whatever it was you chose during R/B as well as Pikachu to reference Yellow. Espeon & Snorlax are just filler, although the Espeon could be a reference to Green's starter in Yellow. I do believe that PokeSpe's Red has an Espeon to reference this Red though.

I don't believe that there are many references to PokeSpe in the games, other than Giovanni's son being someone with red hair (Silver), as mentioned in FR/LG. Maybe they'll expand on that in HG/SS.

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    OFF TOPIC:when did green\blue's name changed to leaf]

ON TOPIC: well what I belive is Cyrstal will be in the game (why not) and maybe yellow, but if they did put in green\blue it should in a doulbe battle with sliver! (they both like each other)

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    I disagree, if it was the Red from the Manga, then he'd actually have dialogue as well as his hat would be backwards, as PokeSpe's Red wore it until the FR/LG arc. Remember that G/S/C's Red only said "..." as a nod to him being a silent protagonist in R/B/Y. The screen also goes black after you defeat him to reference how the player character in R/B/Y "blacked out" after he was defeated. He also had all the starters to reference whatever it was you chose during R/B as well as Pikachu to reference Yellow. Espeon & Snorlax are just filler, although the Espeon could be a reference to Green's starter in Yellow. I do believe that PokeSpe's Red has an Espeon to reference this Red though.

I don't believe that there are many references to PokeSpe in the games, other than Giovanni's son being someone with red hair (Silver), as mentioned in FR/LG. Maybe they'll expand on that in HG/SS.

um.... read the manga again when red is on MT. SLIVER his team members where Pikachu Snorlax Espeon and Venosaur and Blue Chrizard and Green's Blastoise he doesn't have dialogue for the same reason gold does have dialogue

Back