• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

League of Legends

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    *Battle Bunny Draven
    "Welcome to the League of Drav......... OOOH CARROTS!"
    Spoiler:

It's terrifying, isn't it?

Years
    I've come to the conclusion that I hate my ranked team.

1st game as Orianna, and I have 3 pentakills stolen from me.

but tbh i was more amazed at how strong Ori actually is, I had now idea how powerful she was.

She is pretty much always good. As far as I know her and Ahri are the comfort picks for pro mid laners. No matter what the meta is.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2014
    Thank you! My main roles are Top and Mid(I loved to jungle, but due to the jungle changes, it's one of my most hated roles now). For top I play Jayce/Irelia/Ryze/Jax and for mid I mainly play Kassadin/LeBlanc/Orianna/Ahri/Diana/Fizz. What roles/champion do you main

Ah that's cool! I really suck at playing top. My main lanes were jungle and support but I haven't really played much jungle since the new changes. :( I also like playing mid/adc but I'm still trying to learn those (prefer mid, though.) I mostly play Nami/Braum/Zyra at the moment when I play support but my main used to be Leona, I also like playing Janna and Karma and I'm still picking up Thresh. My junglers were always pantheon, sejuani, eve and wukong. I've recently picked up maokai and jarvan as well. Aaand my mid pool consists of Diana/Kata/Zyra/Ahri/Lux/Ziggs and Fiddlesticks (yes really, haha.) Been trying to get the hang of ori as well! :)

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
    My roles now pretty much much consist of ADC, Top, and Mid. I pretty much stopped jungling, because I hate the new changes, and I'm just a terrible support. So bad to the point that I'm not even trying to learn, because I literally lose every game I play support, and my team just flames me all game for being a bad support, so I can't even learn how to play the role.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2014
    My roles now pretty much much consist of ADC, Top, and Mid. I pretty much stopped jungling, because I hate the new changes, and I'm just a terrible support. So bad to the point that I'm not even trying to learn, because I literally lose every game I play support, and my team just flames me all game for being a bad support, so I can't even learn how to play the role.

I could give you some tips/help you if you want to learn the role :) It's a lot of basic stuff that's easy to learn and once you get the hang of those it's not that hard to be a decent support imo. (I'm saying this now, but you probably feel the same way about playing support as I do about playing top, haha.) What champs do you play if you play support? :)

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I'm a support main, but I can play pretty much any role without feeding, haha. Jungle and ADC are my two weakest spots, but I've actually really improved jungling lately.

My main supports are Alistar, Thresh, Galio, and Morgana. I love playing support Alistar, and he's definitely my comfort pick in that spot for the moment. If you want any advice, Rengar, I'd be happy to provide some tips. I have quite a few ADC mains in my friends list that added me because they thought I was the best support they had seen in a while.

Besides support, I really enjoy top/mid. I take Galio with me to either location and wreck, so I pretty much have those spots covered. Of course, I have some backups and other champions to play if Galio doesn't have much synergy with the team. For top, I can play Galio, Maokia, Wukong, Alistar, and Urgot. For mid, I have Galio, Kennen, and Morgana. Jungling I go Maokia, Alistar, and Nocturne, but I haven't played Nocturne in the new jungle yet. For ADC I have Twitch, and that's pretty much it. I just don't really enjoy playing ADC.

So I have yet to do many of my provisional matches because I'm waiting for the new season to start. Should I do them anyway? I've done four so far and have gone 2/2.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2014
    I'm a support main, but I can play pretty much any role without feeding, haha. Jungle and ADC are my two weakest spots, but I've actually really improved jungling lately.

My main supports are Alistar, Thresh, Galio, and Morgana. I love playing support Alistar, and he's definitely my comfort pick in that spot for the moment. If you want any advice, Rengar, I'd be happy to provide some tips. I have quite a few ADC mains in my friends list that added me because they thought I was the best support they had seen in a while.

Besides support, I really enjoy top/mid. I take Galio with me to either location and wreck, so I pretty much have those spots covered. Of course, I have some backups and other champions to play if Galio doesn't have much synergy with the team. For top, I can play Galio, Maokia, Wukong, Alistar, and Urgot. For mid, I have Galio, Kennen, and Morgana. Jungling I go Maokia, Alistar, and Nocturne, but I haven't played Nocturne in the new jungle yet. For ADC I have Twitch, and that's pretty much it. I just don't really enjoy playing ADC.

So I have yet to do many of my provisional matches because I'm waiting for the new season to start. Should I do them anyway? I've done four so far and have gone 2/2.

I never see Galio support, how does that work? Also I'd say just do them and see where you end up. :) If you're doing that good it can't be bad!

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I never see Galio support, how does that work? Also I'd say just do them and see where you end up. :) If you're doing that good it can't be bad!
    Galio is a poke heavy support that relies on zoning your opponents out and dealing as much damage as possible. His Q is a damaging slow, W buffs his own or an allies' armor and magic resistance and heals Galio, while his E is a good escape/chase with the slight damage and speed buff it grants to allies. He's great at setting up kills with his ult, as well as providing great utility for the entire team.

His main weakness is that his passive doesn't work that well when going up against an AD lane opponent, and that besides his W and ult, there's not much he can do if his carry gets caught. And if the ADC has low life, that shield isn't going to do crap. There are a lot of supports that do his job better, such as Annie, Alistar, Sona, and a few others, but Galio has a specific niche in that he provides one of the best escapes for his ADC from a pursuing attacker, and he shoves his lane way harder than the supports mentioned above.

He synergizes best with poke ADCs like Kog Maw, Corki, and Kalista, while not being very useful with all in ADCs like Vayne and Tristana. I mean, they do shove the lanes hard, but there's not much Galio can do when Tristana rocket jumps in at the wrong time. Because of this core weakness, Galio doesn't do well against Blitzcrank and Thresh, as they just exploit this weakness over and over again. He fares extremely well against supports that provide no sustain such as Zyra, Morgana (fun fact: If you're running low on health against a Morgana, just throw on your shield and fly over her tormented grounds spell. Bam, instant health), Braum, and Lux. He does decent against Sona, Soroka, and Nami, considering that they'll be using an incredible amount of mana just trying to keep their ADC alive.

TL;DR:
    Galio is a very situational support that relies on poking down the opponents and zoning them out to win lane. He provides a great escape for his ADC, as well as providing some of the best utility in the game without having many items. What's holding him back is that his passive is wasted, and that once his ADC is caught, they're pretty much dead. However, Galio is an extremely strong pick if you have some direct communication with your ADC, such as Skype, or simply being in the same room.

I only pull out Galio when I play with my brother, who loves to ADC Kog Maw. We win just about every time, but I can't really seem to have the same type of domination when I use him willy nilly. I would highly suggest him if you really like playing Annie support, but you're wishing for a bit more utility to add to your team.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
    I could give you some tips/help you if you want to learn the role :) It's a lot of basic stuff that's easy to learn and once you get the hang of those it's not that hard to be a decent support imo. (I'm saying this now, but you probably feel the same way about playing support as I do about playing top, haha.) What champs do you play if you play support? :)

My adc is way toooo aggressive when I play a passive support, or not aggressive enough when I play an aggressive support. I mostly play Alistar, Annie, Blitz, Leona, and Kayle. When I duo with my friend, we synergize (That's a word? wat) well in lane, and so we never lose. I'm also EXTREMELY mechanically challenged when it comes to...... anything. I have the mindset of a gold/platinum player, but the mechanical skill of a cardboard 5. I just don't know how to work with an adc that doesn't ping when they want me to go in, and doesn't tell me no if I ping that I want to go in, and they don't. I can't work with people that won't communicate with me. I'm a very communication type person, I like to know what's going on, so I can plan and prepare. However, if my ADC will NOT communicate with me, my only real option is to play passive so I don't kill myself, and be ready to spring at random when my ADC decides they want to go in. I don't really have a large pool of supports. I only the ones mentioned above, excluding Leona.

I actually love playing support. I love the feeling of knowing that even though I didn't get the kill, I set it up for someone else to go get it, or saved that squishy ass *****s life.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    My adc is way toooo aggressive when I play a passive support, or not aggressive enough when I play an aggressive support. I mostly play Alistar, Annie, Blitz, Leona, and Kayle. When I duo with my friend, we synergize (That's a word? wat) well in lane, and so we never lose. I'm also EXTREMELY mechanically challenged when it comes to...... anything. I have the mindset of a gold/platinum player, but the mechanical skill of a cardboard 5. I just don't know how to work with an adc that doesn't ping when they want me to go in, and doesn't tell me no if I ping that I want to go in, and they don't. I can't work with people that won't communicate with me. I'm a very communication type person, I like to know what's going on, so I can plan and prepare. However, if my ADC will NOT communicate with me, my only real option is to play passive so I don't kill myself, and be ready to spring at random when my ADC decides they want to go in. I don't really have a large pool of supports. I only the ones mentioned above, excluding Leona.

Yeah, that's a huge problem I face. Although, I mainly react, instead of initiate. Although, it depends on the situation. If I see an opportunity to poke the enemy ADC down while their support is away, then I go for it and hope my ADC is quick to follow up. If my ADC goes in, I go in too, no matter how unfavorable the fight is. The trick to supporting is to be ready to do either at a moment's notice. It can be difficult, but I think practice makes perfect.

So I played three ranked matches and went 2/1, so I'm three matches away from getting a rank. Overall, I'm now 4/3, so I think I'm doing pretty well! The first two matches I got what I wanted and played support. The first game was very interesting, considering my ADC was a diamond 2 smurf (but more on that later), while the second I was paired up with an ADC who didn't want to leave bot lane and would engage on the enemy ADC in unfavorable conditions. I'm surprised we won that second game. The third game I was filled into jungle, so that wasn't the greatest. I didn't do horribly, but mid fed the enemy Zed and we got steamrolled. The mid guy disconnected, and we were doomed from there.

So more on that first game. I go into champ select, and this one guy starts going off on how he's a diamond two smurf who mains ADC. I roll my eyes and assume he's a feeder, but my mind was quickly changed once the game started. He chose Sivir, and absolutely demolished the bot lane. All I would have to do is land a WQ combo, since I was Alistar, and he would get the kill. He ended the game 21/1/something, and he easily carried us to the enemy nexus. I'm not sure it would have mattered if I were there, but hey, glad I could make it a lot easier for him, haha.

Years
    i can play pretty much anything, trading is my weakest point in lane, because I would much rather farm. 10-15 cs is approximately 1 champion kill's worth of gold, though I do want to learn how to trade effectively, like, after seeing rekkles vs sneaky in the Lucian vs Graves matchup, the pre level 3 fights they were having looked so cool and calculated. I am an alright Graves, I was never really a fan of Lucian (I can play him well but I just don't like him, something about his autoattacks just throws me off for some reason).
    Strange thing also with me is I'm actually very comfortble with picking Vayne into a Caitlyn. People say Caitlyn hard counter's Vayne on lane due to the range difference, I don't think that is even a thing really, by the time Caitlyn finishes off an auto attack, vayne can use her passive and begin attacking. Vayne can very easily win a trade if she dodges a Caitlyn Q with her own Q. If she doesn't bother to fire her Q, thats a free won trade. Because 3 auto attacks from Vaynes is gonna be a lot faster due to Caitlyn's almost non-existant attackspeed (which is why I run 20% attackspeed runes on Caitlyn)

An actual problem a lot of Vayne players have is Vision loss. Have you ever Condemned an enemy into the Brush wall? and then lost vision of the champion you just condemned? I get this problem a lot, so Vision is essential, and due to Vayne's short range, condemning someone into a space where you have no vision can most likely mean death for you if you so choose to go in. Always take a ward with you.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    i can play pretty much anything, trading is my weakest point in lane, because I would much rather farm. 10-15 cs is approximately 1 champion kill's worth of gold, though I do want to learn how to trade effectively, like, after seeing rekkles vs sneaky in the Lucian vs Graves matchup, the pre level 3 fights they were having looked so cool and calculated. I am an alright Graves, I was never really a fan of Lucian (I can play him well but I just don't like him, something about his autoattacks just throws me off for some reason).
    Strange thing also with me is I'm actually very comfortble with picking Vayne into a Caitlyn. People say Caitlyn hard counter's Vayne on lane due to the range difference, I don't think that is even a thing really, by the time Caitlyn finishes off an auto attack, vayne can use her passive and begin attacking. Vayne can very easily win a trade if she dodges a Caitlyn Q with her own Q. If she doesn't bother to fire her Q, thats a free won trade. Because 3 auto attacks from Vaynes is gonna be a lot faster due to Caitlyn's almost non-existant attackspeed (which is why I run 20% attackspeed runes on Caitlyn)

An actual problem a lot of Vayne players have is Vision loss. Have you ever Condemned an enemy into the Brush wall? and then lost vision of the champion you just condemned? I get this problem a lot, so Vision is essential, and due to Vayne's short range, condemning someone into a space where you have no vision can most likely mean death for you if you so choose to go in. Always take a ward with you.

Speaking from experience, I can inform you that in an equal skill match up, Caitlyn will win early, but as long as Vayne farms well and takes good engages she'll be fine in this match up. I've done that as well - e'ing them into a bush but then losing vision. I've taken to always buying a few wards on every back on every champ recently. I try at least. Versus a Vayne, just remember that post-6 is a huge powerspike and as long as you take a pink ward you have a chance. Pink wards when I play Vayne make me sad.

I'd also agree - people who play Vayne completely passively aren't going to get far. It's a very good idea to go for some auto - q - auto trades, poke with q, or do the auto - q - e. I've since moved onto mid lane. LeBlanc and Riven ftw! c:

Years
    Also worth remembering people, Vayne's Condemn applies 1 stack of Silver Bolts passive. I consider this a more expensive method of trading, but if you can do it right, it will almost win you every trade, as you can knock the enemy out of range, as well as Proc the passive before your foe can get more hits in.

Another thing, When using your ultimate as Vayne, if they don't have ANY means of revealing stealth, You really should abuse this stealth as much as you possibly can, Suffice to say, A lot of people in lower ELO (myself included) don't really realise just how long that stealth duration actually is. Most Lower ELO Vayne players will just try to auto attack as soon as the Tumble animation finishes. Instead, you should tumble, then walk into a more favourable position, then auto attack as soon as the stealth wears off. Suffice to say, it is an EXTREMELY effective tool that enables you to reposition yourself very safely in a fight.

You will get a 'feel' for the stealth duration length after you practise her enough. If they don't have a pink ward, a Vayne can punish you very hard for it.

Years
    So after rage quitting ranked for a few days i decided to troll to see why so many people do it.

Went Garen top trying to troll........ went 18/5/13 with a 1v5 tripe kill and surviving at one point.

Then went Urgot mid refusing to support and our Akali rage quit at the start of the game, we won a 4v5....

I guess i should really stop trying to win and instead focus on having fun and doing random stuff.

I'm gonna make a list of my favorite top 10 champions, most fun to play and post an opinion on all new champs since Gnar(since i have them all except Rek'sai which i'm grinding for). Will also post that on my own site, which should be up for LoL only stuff soonTM

Years
    So after rage quitting ranked for a few days i decided to troll to see why so many people do it.

Went Garen top trying to troll........ went 18/5/13 with a 1v5 tripe kill and surviving at one point.

Then went Urgot mid refusing to support and our Akali rage quit at the start of the game, we won a 4v5....

I guess i should really stop trying to win and instead focus on having fun and doing random stuff.

I'm gonna make a list of my favorite top 10 champions, most fun to play and post an opinion on all new champs since Gnar(since i have them all except Rek'sai which i'm grinding for). Will also post that on my own site, which should be up for LoL only stuff soonTM

Going in with the intention of trolling is really not cool, like at all. And I guess you suck at trolling. You can't possibly have the intention to troll and end with such a high score. Going off meta picks isn't really trolling.

Years
    Going in with the intention of trolling is really not cool, like at all. And I guess you suck at trolling. You can't possibly have the intention to troll and end with such a high score. Going off meta picks isn't really trolling.

When i was playing Garen i went to enemy Lee and just auto attacked him, and he died somehow, no idea how. It's Silver 3 though and people are bad here.

And yeah i guess i do suck at trolling, i eventually gave up at like 3-4 kills in both games and started playing normally again.

I probably should just go in with intention of having fun rather than trolling or being dead serious.

Years
    I got a smurf on EUW by the way. So please feel free to add me. The name is InveniaMT. EDIT:It's level 30, so we can duo ranked if someone wants.

Years
    I have my acc on EUNE sadly :/

I wanna kill whoever made Fizz a perma ban because i just bought him hoping my old main could carry me out of Silver

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    They buffed Galio this patch! :D

The taunt on his ult is no longer affected by tenacity, so when you're trapped, you're trapped for good. This is huge because now I won't have to end the ult early to damage my main target. I'm so happy about this!

Oh, and they released Rek' Sai, but who cares because the star for me this patch is Galio, haha.

Back