• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaked Gen 8 Games Screenshot (Most likely fake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Leaked Gen 8 Games Screenshot (Most likely fake)

Supposed leaked Pokémon Switch games screenshot. Source is @pixelpar on Twitter.

squideyes

Squiddy
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 12, 2022
    I have a gut feeling that is fake; however, if it's not, I wouldn't be surprised. They probably going for that handheld but very alive Pokemon World feel, I guess. But you know, I'm conflicted.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It's AFD.. I'm sorry but it's fake :(

Years
  • Yeah, it looks like someone took Lapras riding model from XY and put it in Alola games (Or took character model, put an Eevee on the head and put it in XY).

Years
  • It looks like a mix of the 3DS games and the screenshot is too blurred to be an actual screenshot and not blurred enough to be something taken in haste. I am certain its fake.

Years
  • To explain my point further, I hard to believe the legitimacy of this screenshot because the graphics look like a downgrade from Sun and Moon. The Switch is so much more graphically capable than the 3DS so I expect the graphics to be akin to DQ XI on the PS4. After all Pokemon and Dragon Quest share a similar aesthetic.

Last edited:

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • That looks like someone took the Ride Lapras model, removed the seat, moved her model up making it look like she's actually riding it, and then putting an Eevee model over her head and took a blurry screenshot of the whole thing.

Yeah I don't think so on that one.

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
    Years
  • Wow... that is literally a gen 6 picture with an Eevee in it. you can clearly see the land portion, which matches ORAS and X Y. SM has it looking more natural. There are also random objects like what seems to be a Gyarados's tail, a pink blob, and a brown (what looks like) piece of bullcrap. So, in my opinion, it's fake. However, if it is real, I am literally going to give up on pokemon.

externalfile:drive-91575ffe6ed39044ad14cc90665e9cb5c44eb3e6/root/27uvh0.jpg

Years
  • Looks fake to me. :P Really hope we get some Pokemon Switch news soon though, perhaps pictures of the starter Pokemon and the name of the region.

If it IS real though, although it doesn't look amazing, I'm gonna hold my criticism until we have more information. The screenshot is very blurry, showing only a small part of the game. The screenshot could also be taken from the game in its early stages. I'm pretty confident Pokemon Switch is gonna be a great game. :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Ok I'm gonna close this for now until we hear otherwise because yeah, it's 99% chance of being an April Fools prank because of the date it was posted on... and there's no real use trying to disprove something that has no actual reasoning backing it up. If there is proof that this is real I'll be happy to unlock it but for now gonna close it down.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back