• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least favorite evolution?

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    What is your least favorite pokemon evolution?

My least favorite evolutions so far are:

Purrugly- Simply ruins the sleekness and awesome design of glameow. I loved watching it in the show because it was just so unpredictable being able to use anything on its body as a weapon like its tail, teeth or claws.

Stoutland- Though I havn't seen it in any episodes in the cartoon yet (Mind I only watch the english version) I can already say from the game that I dislike its design over herdier. They should've given herdier stoutland's stats then made a completely different pokemon if they needed to reach 150. Lord knows the fire or rock type could use a few pokemon this generation. Herdier just looks like an actual dog pokemon while stoutland looks like it was overdesigned with some huge unrealistic mustache that's as long as my arm with too much shaggy fur that hangs down to far.

Last edited:

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
    Mine is Tepig's evolutions! He is a cute little piggy, then he evolves into yet another fire/fighting starter and becomes quite ugly.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    The Klink family. I mean it looks so freaking retarded, its two gears stuck together, then it turns to three gears and the final form just adds an extra piece to it-----that is just retarded.

:t354:TG

*Latias

It's so cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2012
    Gyarados. Magikarp was so cute, strong and cool! lol
    Just joking... I never liked Torterra. I've always perferred Grotle.

Last edited:

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    Klink was sort of stupid to me aswell. Maybe if they gave it a more useful ability than plus or minus ( The ever cute plusle and minun are the only others with that ability if I recall) I would use it because its moves arent all that bad.

The gothitelle family I never understood aswell. Design wise it looks like they were going for another gardevoir chain or something. But gardevoir has a nicer ability and is more soothing for those of you with the gift of sight.

Grumpig was one of my favorite psychic evolutions in terms of design. Battle wise it's okay but still sadly outclassed by most other psychic typs I could find.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Have to agree with Purugly. At first I thought Glameow was cool, but one look at its evolved form and I was like, "I think I'll stick with Persian as my preferred cat Pokemon."

Runners up include many of the 4th generation evos of prior Pokemon, like Rhyperior, Lickilicky, Tangrowth, and Ambipom. Mostly because, like Purugly, these things are not easy on the eyes.

Onyx_X

The Onyx Knight
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 27, 2012
    I am in complete awe that Nintendo created Steelix as Onix's evolution. I love the steel type, but I don't think Onix needed it. And what is with those teeth?
    I really don't like Purugly, Rhyperior, Magmortar, Electivire, or Lickilicky (Lickitung had so much potential...)

But the worst of them all is Steelix. Thanks a lot, Johto.

MayanMan2012

Pokemon Dawn/Dusk: Coming Soon
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2014
    I'm not 100% sure if this will fit in well here, but I actually have a few issues about pokemon not being an evo.

Alomomola is obviously luvdisc's evo, so why doesn't it become it? Same with tauros and bouffalant. Audino looks like it's a split-evo from happiny instead of chansey, it even helps nurse joy in the tv show!

Other than that, I like the evolutions - they make the pokemon stronger, even if not by much.

Onyx_X

The Onyx Knight
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 27, 2012
    If alomomola was luvdisc's evo, then one of them would evolve into the other. Same with Audino. Apparently they're just pulling a Pikachu/Minun and Plusle thing. They look closely related.

I don't care much for Porygon Z or Porygon 2 either.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I always hated Magnezone. Magnemite/Magneton is so simple, and then Magnezone just goes all over the place with the design.

Years
    I like a lot of the starters, but not as many of their final forms. Charizard, in particular, doesn't move me except to tears. And Charmander is so adorable! I know that's what happens to starters, but still... :(

lemonfreak

the golden caterpie
    Years
    banette. I've always really liked shuppet, but banette is just ugly.
    same with shelmet and accelgor. accelgor looks nothing like shelmet, and for some reason Its one of the fastest pokemon, yet it has no legs! it just sorta hops..

Liquid Twilight

Super Geek
    Years
    I think the evolutions that really got to me were (as many of you have said) the Klink evo line. I also have trouble with the Sandile line.

I think sandile is nice and cute and they should have left it like that, I feel that Krokorok is just a bit silly and Krookodile just looks like a fakemon. Just my opinion though, and it won't stop me using Krookodile on my playthrough.

JimJams

Giggles at the Ghosties
    Years
    I know! They barely adding anything to it.

It's no worse than magnemite or dugtrio, guys. I think it's cool, myself.

Anyway, my least favorite would have to be darumanitan. It's pre evolved form is adorable, but darmuanitan is...too ape-like for my taste.

Back