• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Least favorite Generation 3 Pokemon?

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
  • So I was wondering, with ORAS being released almost everywhere in the world, bringing back the hype of the 3rd Generation of Pokemon and Hoenn, what is (or are) your least favorite Generation 3 Pokemon? Are there Pokemon you never used in R/S/E but you somehow changed your mind and use them now in ORAS? Or are there still Pokemon from the 3rd Generation you really dislike until this day and won't ever use?

- Even though the item is really useful, I never bothered to train a Luvdisc. I don't think I'm the only one though, it's cute and nice for farming Heart Scales, I never used one because it seems kinda frail and hasn't got an evolution either...
    - Also, I really dislike the Lotad line as well, the typing is nice, but something about the way it looks really puts me off... Same goes for the Seedot line as well.
    - I also was never a fan of Wingull/Pelipper, again the design isn't that great and I just don't like this Pokemon for some reason in general.
    - Also I really like Vigoroth, but Slaking isn't that appealing in battle imo because of the Truant ability.
    - Last but not least, I was never a fan of Nincada/Ninjask too, even though I like the evolution method of Shedinja and it's ability Wonder Guard. I never used them too tbh...

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    - Also, I really dislike the Lotad line as well, the typing is nice, but something about the way it looks really puts me off
    Least favorite Generation 3 Pokemon?

How can anyone hate the Lotad line? Ludicolo is the best Pokemon.

That said, I think only Zangoose and Mawile are the ones that I never really liked. I don't hate them though.

I have to express my hatred for Mega Swampert, though. My favourite starter gets the crappiest mega.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    So I was wondering, with ORAS being released almost everywhere in the world, bringing back the hype of the 3rd Generation of Pokemon and Hoenn, what is (or are) your least favorite Generation 3 Pokemon? Are there Pokemon you never used in R/S/E but you somehow changed your mind and use them now in ORAS? Or are there still Pokemon from the 3rd Generation you really dislike until this day and won't ever use?

- Even though the item is really useful, I never bothered to train a Luvdisc. I don't think I'm the only one though, it's cute and nice for farming Heart Scales, I never used one because it seems kinda frail and hasn't got an evolution either...
    - Also, I really dislike the Lotad line as well, the typing is nice, but something about the way it looks really puts me off... Same goes for the Seedot line as well.
    - I also was never a fan of Wingull/Pelipper, again the design isn't that great and I just don't like this Pokemon for some reason in general.
    - Also I really like Vigoroth, but Slaking isn't that appealing in battle imo because of the Truant ability.
    - Last but not least, I was never a fan of Nincada/Ninjask too, even though I like the evolution method of Shedinja and it's ability Wonder Guard. I never used them too tbh...

MAGIC CARP!!! Definetly only no good splash attack½!! how you even get to gyrodos???

She_Delphox

Years
  • Least favorite Generation 3 Pokemon?

How can anyone hate the Lotad line? Ludicolo is the best Pokemon.

That said, I think only Zangoose and Mawile are the ones that I never really liked. I don't hate them though.

I have to express my hatred for Mega Swampert, though. My favourite starter gets the crappiest mega.

Lol I never said I hated it, just...dislike it, sorry haha (for all other fans of the Lotad line, I know there are a lot of you lol). :P I mean everyone has it's preferences though ;) Are you still going to choose Mudkip then? Or just not use it's Mega Stone?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Lol I never said I hated it, just...dislike it, sorry haha (for all other fans of the Lotad line, I know there are a lot of you lol). :P I mean everyone has it's preferences though ;) Are you still going to choose Mudkip then? Or just not use it's Mega Stone?
    lmao just messing. It's fine if you don't like Lotad line.

I'm not going with any starter this time around but yeah I'll still pick Mudkip before boxing him. That said I'm not planing on using any megas regardless since I don't like the concept itself.

She_Delphox

Years
  • lmao just messing. It's fine if you don't like Lotad line.

I'm not going with any starter this time around but yeah I'll still pick Mudkip before boxing him. That said I'm not planing on using any megas regardless since I don't like the concept itself.

Lol well, I really liked your reply haha, laughed at it, I mean I don't blame anyone for liking a specific Pokemon lol :P It's just nice to see anyone's favorites haha :3 Oh I see! Well, I will still pick Mudkip too, I'm not sure either whether I will use megas on my team since I haven't done that (at least for my main team) in X and Y either. :)

Years
  • Ones i dislike?
    Torchics whole line, just looks horrible to me
    Spoink/grumpig
    Spinda
    Mawile
    Wingull/pelipper
    Shroomish/breloom
    Tropius
    Trapinch (but like vibrava and flygon)
    Meditite/medicham
    Baltoy/claydol
    Volbeat/illumise

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Dislikes eh?

I really do not like kirlia. I'm absolutely good with the evolved forms and ralts, but kirlia is just... I don't know how to put it. Just looks off.

Meditite line. I never really liked it from the start.

Even though I like flygon a lot, I do not like vibrava. It looks so frail and attack power decreased. The heck.

Cradily. Looks weird. I acknowledge its power (ahem Steven) but alas, that appearance. Sigh. On the other hand, I'm a huge armaldo fan and might even consider training one.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    OK yeah just remembered the Ralts line.

Awful, Gallade aside, but he isn't gen 3.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Even though the 3rd gen is one of my favourites for Pokémon designs, I do have a few I'm not fond of....

Manectric (My least favourite overall, always thought its design looked really awkward and silly)
    Illumise (I kinda like how Volbeat looks, so he gets a pass)
    Plusle
    Minun

The Mudkip meme turned me off Mudkip quite a bit too, he was already my least favourite of the three starters but the meme didn't do him any favours.

Years
  • Meditite line. I never really liked it from the start.
    I never liked the Meditite line either, but after seeing Medicham in action in the anime. Well..

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I started to think it was pretty cool..XD
    But then...there are moments like these..
    Spoiler:

As for my dislikes,
    Vibrava
    Luvdisc
    Masquerain (because it lost the water typing)
    Nosepass
    Volbeat/Illumise
    Spoink line
    Wingull line

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It's difficult for me to choose a Gen III Pokemon I dislike since the majority of Pokemon from Hoenn are some of the best (IMO). If I had to say any though it would probably be Slaking, way OP.

Krio

Stoked For Pokemon PR!
    Years
  • MOTHER ****ING FEEBAS. **** WAS SOOOOOOO HARD TO CATCH AND ON TOP OF THAT A PAIN IN THE ASSSSSSS TO EVOLVE.

But Milotic is bae guys

Years
  • Hard for me to choose since I like most of the Pokemon in the line. If anything would be the wingull line, for the sole purpose that when you're surfing they tend to be more common than actual water pokemon such as tentacool and goldeen

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2016
    Ones i dislike?
    Torchics whole line, just looks horrible to me
    Spoink/grumpig
    Spinda
    Mawile
    Wingull/pelipper
    Shroomish/breloom
    Tropius
    Trapinch (but like vibrava and flygon)
    Meditite/medicham
    Baltoy/claydol
    Volbeat/illumise

Those are all of my favorites :( But for ones I dislike, I think I'd have to say any of them that have no competitive edge. For example skitty, I was saying this in another thread. It is really cute but horrible in battle. The same for the evolution. I understand that not every Pokemon should be a Garchomp but I don't like useless Pokemon that serve no purpose. At least with Luvdisc, they have them to collect heart scales. Others are just filler and it's obvious. 3 generations later and some Pokemon from 3rd gen are still as useless as ever.

btw, I think this thread may get moved to general 3rd gen talk.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Swalot. Only his mother could love his face.

Normally I'd vote Luvdisc, which is just an excuse for Heart Scales, though.

Personally I wasn't very fond of a lot of Hoenn Pokémon when released back in 2002 because a lot of them seemed to be ripoffs of RBY Pokémon either in design or concept.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Swalot. Only his mother could love his face.

Normally I'd vote Luvdisc, which is just an excuse for Heart Scales, though.

Personally I wasn't very fond of a lot of Hoenn Pokémon when released back in 2002 because a lot of them seemed to be ripoffs of RBY Pokémon either in design or concept.
    B-but Otoro! He was adorable as a Swalot! :(

Anywho, I dislike Illumise and Volbeat, Beautifly, Hariyama, Castform, and Claydol. The first two are plum useless, Beautifly is just a suckier Butterfree, Hariyama is... odd, Castform is again useless in battle and Claydol... I'm not even sure what it's even supposed to be. A clay pot? Those clay alien soldiers in Okami? It's an ugly thing.

Admittedly I wasn't all that fond of them at first, but through Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and several LPs I grew to like them more and more. They're better than a lot of Gen VI pokes anyway. :|

Years
  • Gen 3 is my favourite Gen design wise, I thought they were honestly the most creative and thoroughly designed next to Gen 4 as well. All of them have my gratitude, so its hard for me to find dislikes. I can make use of all the pokemon at some point, but I suppose I dont like Spinda as a pokemon. Find it useless. Sabeye is cool but weak and near useless as well. It needed an evolution, not a Mega stone.

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
    Years
  • Here are my top 5 lease favorite pokemon from Hoenn!

1. Castform (Seriously this little cloud ball was dumb!)
    2. Wingull (Lets make a pokemon Seagull thats Ultra weak against Electric types)
    3. Pelliper (Same as above)
    4. Luvdisc (These things are just Heart Fish, not really worth training just for the Heart Scales)
    5. Taillow/Swellow (Worst Bird Pokemon; its so weak!)

Back