• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least Favorite Generation?

Which is your least favorite generation?

• Generation 1 (Kanto, Red/Green/Blue/Yellow)

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Generation 2 (Johto, Gold/Silver/Crystal)

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Generation 3 (Hoenn, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald)

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Generation 3 (Kanto, Fire-Red/Leaf-Green)

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Generation 4 (Sinnoh, Diamond/Pearl)

Votes: 15 36.6%

• Total voters

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    For me it's gen 3
    ^heh, that rhymed

I liked the Houen land and a few Pokemon like Tropius, and the Torchic line. But other than that, the gymleaders are boring IMO, the game characters are lame (May, Wally, Landon) and ....
    I just dont like it

gen 2 and 4 ftw. The FRLG generation wasn't bad either. Great game music

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    3rd gen sucked badly for a pokemon game. There were like, 10 really cool pokemon, then a BUNCH of super sucky ones. The rivals sucked really bad and the E4 was nothing too special, as well as some of the gymleaders. the land was cool, except way the frick too much surfing

Years
    Gen 2.

I couldnt see what I was doing half the time because of crap graphics. [It was really bad at night in the game]

I'd say Gen 1 for that reason but thats bright and doesnt have night and it is the original.

G/S/C remake will be good though.

Last edited:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I really dislike the 4th generation. I just dislike a bunch of the pokemon, didnt like the region at all, storyline was meh... I didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to for all the hype it recieved...

Years
    Fourth...The only reason I plan to get it is to keep up with my friends. I'll be trying to transfer in old-gen Pokemon for it.

Years
    I don't really hate any of the generations. There are things that annoy me about all four generations, so none of them are flawless in my mind, but all four generations have their good points, too.

Based on the Pokemon only, the third and fourth generations really lost appeal with me. The fourth generation has an excessive and unnecessary amount of legendaries, and the third wasn't exactly slacking off in that line, either.

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
    3rd generation, this is the only gen where i didn't actually buy the pokemon game instead borrowed a mates and so i couldn't really absorb the full game, i found gen 4 to be worse than gen 2, gen 2 u move between 2 regions!! that was awesome but for me, it's 3rd gen which i don't like most

Burgers Rule

Garchomp want PIE NOW!
    Years
    Not sure, but I have to pick 4th. Why?
    Lickilicky -Both disappointments
    Magmortar
    Arceus (We don't need another god)
    Too easy to hack (When it was the older games, you wouldn't hear as much of this "YOU CHEATED" stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong).
    Short official storyline
    Forgetting to bring back the Battle Frontier or something like it. I'm tired of the Battle Tower
    Giratina getting such a small involvement in the game (Although that might be the point of the third game)
    Only one Lucario in the game (You can breed I guess)
    Thats all I can find, so I hope you see why I think this.

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    I really hated the first generation. Even though I loved Pokemon then, I don't know why I didn't like Kanto that much. The Pokemon weren't very origional. And next would probably be Sinnoh I guess, only because there's too many evolutions to Pokemon in previous gens.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    I can't believe some people are saying 2nd generation, but oh well. I'm going to have to go with the 4th generation. It seems Nintendo went out of their way to make this game for, or directed towards young girls. I mean COME ON! What's with the beret and the FASHION CASE? I liked the idea of the pokemon contests at first, but I think that it has gotten out of hand.

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
    The first generation's Pokemon were...plain. They were the first Pokemon however, so I don't really blame them. The Kanto region's really cool though. (in G/S/C)

I don't really "dislike" any of the generations, but the first is my least favorite.

Years
    The 3rd one, Hoenn.
    I truly dislike most of its Pokemon, it actually has a lot of my least favourite Pokemon.
    Other than that, I never really enjoyed the games that much, I'm not exactly sure why but I kinda got bored of them very quickly.

Valkyrie90

Spiritual Concentration
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2008
    I don't like the newest Generation. Most of the new evolutions aren't that great, except Togekiss (which they made way too good) and Weavile, and it doesn't seem like they put as much work into the artwork of the Pokemon in this Generation then in the R/S/E one. The G/S/C Gen. is my favorite.

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
    Years
    I honestly love all the generations. At first, I strongly disliked d/p, but as I played it, I started to love it. If I had to say one, I'd tell you generation three, firered and leafgreen. Don't get me wrong - I love those games, I play them all the time. I just feel that they're unessessary, being a remake and all. I'd rather have new pokemon, new rivals, and a new storyline than a remake.

Back