• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least Favorite Generation?

Which is your least favorite generation?

• Generation 1 (Kanto, Red/Green/Blue/Yellow)

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Generation 2 (Johto, Gold/Silver/Crystal)

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Generation 3 (Hoenn, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald)

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Generation 3 (Kanto, Fire-Red/Leaf-Green)

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Generation 4 (Sinnoh, Diamond/Pearl)

Votes: 15 36.6%

• Total voters

AC

Pokemon Master in the making..
Years
  • In my eyes the 4th gen was a huge let down. Yes WiFi is cool dont get me wrong and it takes trading to a whole new level. But the story line seemed short and the pokemon were really lame in my eyes. It was like the pokemon were made in about 5 minutes by some 9 year old little kid. Only good thing about D/P was better graphics ofcourse =p battles were sorta interesting, but they should have used the DS to its full extent. But thats just my opinion.

Years
  • The 4th generation, I mean how can you people acutally play Diamond and Pearl. There are maybe 10 Pokemon that don't make me want to stab my eyes out and stab the hearts out of those that made them. I can safely say they put the LEAST effort into the 4th generation Pokemon. There are more pathetically stupid Pokemon from the 4th generation then from the 1st and 2nd generations combined.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    3rd gen sucked badly for a pokemon game. There were like, 10 really cool pokemon, then a BUNCH of super sucky ones. The rivals sucked really bad and the E4 was nothing too special, as well as some of the gymleaders. the land was cool, except way the frick too much surfing

I agree, although emerald and FR/LG were ok as they had a story line and at least emerald had the battle frontier, but Ruby and Sapphire really failed, boring story line, just boring games in general.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • 3rd (Hoenn). Most of the pokemon are bland colors, and a lot of them (to me at least) seem like rip-offs of the 1st generation. And there aren't many pokemon I like in that generation; the only one that stands out in my mind is Skitty <3 I knew some peolpe were going to say 4th, but I didn't expect this many people. Though they need some new ideas, I think they did a decent job with the 4th. DRIFTLOON AND BUNEARY <3

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I suppose I'll say the fourth generation, only since I don't really know anything about its Pokemon. xD

Gotta love the first generation, since they started it all. :D

Years
  • I think the 3rd or 4th gen...
    It took a lot of time till I finally started liking the Pokes of the 3rd gen and to me, they look still too different from the first two gens.
    The 4th gen... I think there are too much evolutions of the first Pokes and the ideas around the game aren't as well as in the former generations. Besides, who needs so much legendaries? The fact that there are so many of them make some of them look awful and uninterested, I think.

I guess for me it's the 4th generation, although the 3rd doesn't seem to be much better.

Back