• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Leavanny vs [Scolipede]

Leavanny or Scolipede?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
  • Scolipede. Leavanny's design is... No. Just no...

I'm biased. When I first saw Scolipede's design, I liked it a lot already.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    - the Pokemon you would be more likely to use in-game
    Scolipede definitely, it seems way stronger to me than Leavanny. STEAMROLLER AAA

- the Pokemon you think can be the most fun to battle with
    I don't really know because I haven't used either of them, but I think Scolipede yeah.

- the best designed

I like the Mantis kind of idea of Leavanny, but I love scorpions so I say Scolipede.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    WHAT. SCOLIPEDE IS 100x BETTER THAN LEAVANOOB.
    That design, those stats, dat moveset. Let's just compare here, shall we?

Leavanny vs [Scolipede]
    Leavanny vs [Scolipede]
    Leavanny vs [Scolipede]

→ has 6 super effective weaknesses
    → is slower than Scolipede (with 92 as its base speed)
    → Leavanny has no sets listed at smogon
    Leavanny vs [Scolipede]
    Leavanny vs [Scolipede]
    Leavanny vs [Scolipede]

→ has 4 super effective weaknesses
    → has 112 base speed
    and although Leavanny's Attack is higher, Scolipede has a higher defense and with Bug/Poison both being super effective against Leavanny. It's also a stab move with Scolipede so that LEAVANNY HAS NO CHANCE TYVM.
    → has a couple of movesets given from Smogon - so pretty much more useful than Leavanny in terms of competitive battling

The color shade given to Scolipede is quite amazing if I must say so myself. Leavanny creeps me out. Though this is my opinion, all the facts up there prove otherwise that Scolipede is far better than Leavanny. n____n

SCOLIPEDE GETS MY VOTE.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Pssh, Scolipede by far. Leavanny is outclassed by like everything and even among other Bug/Grass-types, things like Parasect are far, far better. Design-wise, Scolipede is actually a Pokemon that I've wanted to see come into existence since like Gen 3 (yeahhh centipede!!!) whereas... I really have no idea what Leavanny is supposed to be, lol. Sewing??

Leavanny vs [Scolipede]

...plus its shiny is amazing. :3

echolocated

rated R for robocop
    Years
  • The Pokemon you would be more likely to use in-game
    Leavanny gets my vote for one simple reason: I leveled up a Swadloon and i didn't know why I did it. :P

The Pokemon you think can be the most fun to battle with
    Leavanny, because he/she's the only one that i used(got a Scolipede, never used it).

The best designed
    For me, that's Scolipede. He/She looks really menacing with that dark color scheme.

I think you already know who i'm gonna vote for.

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
  • This is easily the easiest poll yet. Scolipede. The only thing Leavanny has over it is the awesome leaf blade.

Let's take a look at both.

Leavanny vs [Scolipede]

Pros:
    Higher Speed and Defense.
    Better typing
    Access to both Spikes and Toxic Spikes, and the fastest spiker.
    Better Movepool

Leavanny vs [Scolipede]

Pros:
    Because of Chlrophyll, under the sun, Leavanny is nearly impossible to outspeed without boosts.
    Higher HP, Sp. Def, Atk, and Sp. Atk. (Sp. Atk is pretty much useless anyway)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Imo, Scolipede has a better shiny sprite and overall design. I also remember this person at Victory Road with a Scolipede OHKOing all of my pokemon via its Steamroller, so i've gained more respect for it since then. But i do hate Whirlipede with all my heart.

Years
  • the Pokemon you would be more likely to use in-game
    -Pendoraa. Because I have and always will.
    the Pokemon you think can be the most fun to battle with
    -I cannot speak for levanny on a scale of battle, because I have never used it. But pendoraa is fun to use, especially since whenever mine gets knocked down, whatever is infront of her when she gets up again is subject to rampant flinch/crit/poison.
    the best designed
    -CENTIPEDEPONYYYYYY.
    I had no real opinion on levanny when I first saw it, sort of 'meh, okay', but since the first glance pendoraa earned its place on my list of favourites- and is essentially one of my favourites out of both bug and poison types. Because centipede pony, that's why.
    Do I need more reason than "CentipedePony" for why I like its design? It's a giant, rideable centipede.
    Sure, it's a bit bulgy in the chest, but centipedepony.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Scolipede! It looks amazing, has great moves and it owns everything in game. ^^

Years
  • - the Pokemon you would be more likely to use in-game
    »Leavanny
    I used it in my Nuzlocke of White when the roms were first realeased and it was extremely dependable, not to mention Sewaddle gets two powerful STAB moves very early.

»Leavanny
    Leavanny is extremely strong in battle with its Base 103 Attack Stat and great STAB in both Leaf Blade and X-Scissor. Leavanny definitely doesn't mess around and is quite the offensive force, in-game.

- the best designed
    »Leavanny
    Leavanny is one of my favorite Pokemon of the 5th Generation, it's color scheme is absolutely amazing and while simple, it's face is somewhat cute. I also love the inspiration it gets from tailors, and the fact that it has those sharp leaf blades means it's something you don't want to mess around with

Yambo

Power Seeker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2019
    the Pokemon i would be more likely to use in-game
    ofcourse it would be Leavanny its just awesome with that powerful base attack and i feel that the weaknesses arent as important when you play the main game

the Pokemon you think can be the most fun to battle with
    I have to say Scolipede dont like how it look but still its faster then leavanny and doesnt have as much weaknesses as Leavanny

the best designed
    Leavanny i like when some pokemon are more female inspired and to be honest Leavanny is one of the best looking pokemon out there

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    The Pokemon I'm more likely to use is Scolipede, I rarely use poison types, and I would love to try it out, I just never have room on my team.

I'm not sure what the most fun one to battle with would be, since I haven't used Scolipede, and I barely used Leavanny.

Scolipede definitely looks the best to me, I just have a special thing for purple, and even though centipedes are one of those bugs on my "If I see one in my house it has no chance of survival" list, I still prefer it over Leavanny.

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
    Years
  • - the Pokemon you would be more likely to use in-game?

Probably Leavanny since i do loooooove girly pokemon :3 The again i do have a Scolipede to but i think i will go for Leavanny anyway, i love that pokemon :)

Hmm...... Probably Scolipede, i love it's moves and boy it can be strong to. I love strong pokemon and Scolipede is one of my fave new cool Unova pokemon xD

- the best designed

I dunno, Scolipede again cause it's way more designed that Leavanny. Plus i love it's circles and color ;)

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2011
    In all three categories, Scolipede. That said, I haven't used either of them yet, but I hope to have both on a team eventually! :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Aaaand Scolipede wins! Going to unsticky this for now, anyone can post in here sharing your thoughts (although not in the poll), but be on the lookout for the next weekly poll soon :)

Also bolded the winner so it looks nice and easy to identify.

Back