• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaving the third starter on the table

Pookachurin

Pooka The Pikachu
Years
  • Hi, I'm having a bit of difficulty scripting the third starter. I have it so that the player gets a starter and then the rival gets a starter. But from there I can't seem to code it so that the third starter stays on the table. I want it so that when you interact with the third starter, it shows text and that's it. I also want it so that there is still enough room for me to make it so that at a certain point in the game the starter disappears. If anyone knows how to script this, please reply. Thank you.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Did you think about looking in the example maps?

Years
  • Just using using starter variables to depend which ball belong to third starter. But first, you must have rival https://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Rival.
    Rival always takes the ones super effective to user, so you can use a conditional branch , like:
    Leaving the third starter on the table

So only two ball is taken , one ball left.When choosing starter is off, the ball can do anything you want, like showing text " This ball contains a Pokémon caught by the Professor."

Back