• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendaries Overrated?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I really don't like how people define legendaries as "cheap" or "broken". Ubers are ubers for a reason; they're too strong to function in OU. However, not all Ubers are legendary, though a vast majority of them are. Wynaut, Wobbuffet, and Garchomp are all declared Uber according to Smogon. Heck, recently, Latias has been bumped down to the OU tier (not including Soul Dew of course). Latios is currently being tested as well, and word of Deoxys-D becoming a Suspect is perking all over the place.

Some legendaries are definately not as strong as non legendaries. Things like Tyranitar, Metagross, and Salamence are stronger than legendaries like Raikou, Entei, Articuno, etc...Don't judge a Pokemon based on their status, except of course, it relates to tier placement =]

Ingame, eh, I don't care. They're Pokemon, and the Elite 4 won't care who you destroy them with.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I only use them on Shoddy since they are hard to get with good IVs and Nature since you can't breed them. Events you can't ever obtain the right Nature... I will use them if I get the good amount of shown above, but then they are one time use, and I can never use another again with a different Nature. :( Oh, wait, I can clone...

joehat

Yay
    Years
  • I never use legendaries. I like to take kinda..the anime approach to the legendaries. I think that catching them would screw up how the world goes round haha. I catch them in the games for the pokedex, but I never use them. It is..just a game after all..right? haha.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
  • Wobbufett is an uber? oh i guess because of it's counter and mirror coat
    Not just that, but it spells instant doom for pretty much anything that it switches into. It can encore the opponent in a stat boosting move and then switch to something that uses the locked pokemon to set up a huge sweep.

And some legendaries are horrible; Regigigas is probably one of the worst Pokemon in the game. GameFreak really overdid the nerf on him.

ivanedu

exxpierienced /master trainer
    Years
  • well technicaly legendary pokns are more powerfull but less usefull i mean a lvl 100 arceus about 418 HP and a level 100 crobat only 360 Hno specifics .... and so on they`r attaks are more powerful

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
  • I love Legendaries, just because they have so much history and myth behind them. I don't use any that are in the 'Uber' tier, but I do have a Raikou on my team who I enjoy using and I have in the past trained a Mewtwo and a Mew (on Blue), so I like Legends because they are just that - Legends!

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Ubers beat non-ubers, that's not debatable or they wouldn't be ubers. As a generalisation they aren't overrated as they have big stats, complementary movepools and are generally the best pokes you can get. There are individual ubers that I feel are overrated (Deoxys-S) and several non-ubers that I feel are underrated (Raikou), but as a group the legends definately beat out non-legends.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    yeah I think they are a bit overrated...I do not use them, except for now I have a jirachi in my OU team for coverage...honestly, I see ppl using legendaries for their power basically(which is wrong)...

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2009
    I would say that although some ledgendary pokemon like Deoxys have superior stats and are quite useful, the majority are overrated and have massive movepool and type disadvantages.

matt561

Your French Charizard
    Years
  • Well legendaries are abit like having a mini-moto: you can brag that your the only one on the street with one but you feel empty inside

That and they are also pointless

but gtting back to Pokemon the only legendarys that are really any use are Ho-oh and Lugia

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
  • I used to be only a legendary trainer. However, when I lost my Pokemon Pearl I decided to train only one legendary Pokemon,(Mewtwo) due to having my Emerald's Rayquaza, Kyogre, and Groudon being destroyed by another trainer's Mewtwo.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2009
    I admit, Ho-Oh and Lugiah are 2 of the best ledgendaries, although Mewtwo and Deoxys are also very formidable.

~ Yukishii

ℓaketrio mistress♥
    Years
  • My whole team is legendaries.
    I don't love them for their stats, I love them because I think they are absolutely adorable..
    They also have that 'ancient' feeling to them that attracts me so much.
    Nah, legendaries can be easily outmatched stat wise.
    Real trainers try to win with the Pokemon they love, so that is why my team is full of legendaries.

hayvan999

Psychic power!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2011
    Well of course they are more powerful than regular pokemons otherwise they wouldnt be called legendaries would they...

No i dont reall use them because it doesnt make it fun cuz they are like "cheats" in the game. Its more fun to train a regular pokemon and beat the game with those. Besides when you catch a legendary they have only say 1 or 2 good attacks and the rest are stupid. Like say when you catch an entei it has leer on it... i mean cmon or say you caught an articuno. It doesnt even have the good and prefered attacks you usually want to see in a pokemon.

Years
  • They are in no way overrated. Well, maybe some of them are, but for the most part they are stronger than the other pokemon. At least in their stats, sometimes their movesets aren't great but a lot of them have really high stats.

When I play my red or blue version, I always catch all of the birds and use one of them. I agree it feels kind of "cheap" to use legendaries, so I normally only stick to using 1 on my team, sometimes 2, and sometimes I just avoid them completely.

Northy

Music Obsessed Straightedger
    Years
  • usually i keep them in my "Legendary" Pokemon Box... however the darkrai i got recently is in my Party At the moment

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Legendaries are okay, I prefer regular Pokemon for the whole breeding thing though.

If the Sheer Cold/Mind Reader thing was allowed in most competitions, Articuno would definately be the pinacle of any team.

And Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy and Shaymin suck IMHO.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 3, 2009
    Does anyone particularly rate the Diamond/Pearl legendary trio?

Personally I like Mesprit best, simply because she was one of those Pokemon I saw and just HAD to catch. I also caught Uxie and Azelf; personally I think stat-wise Uxie is the best.

I'm going to have another bash at the Elite Four and to be honest Dialga will be in my party, simply because I like him, but mostly because he's a good "backup". My favourite won't be a legendary; it'll be Torterra.

Back