• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Legendary Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2013
    Hi, I haven't played Pokemon in a long time, but I GREW UP playing this stuff with my friends... by the hours. I love it. I'm getting back into it. I just want to let everyone know I'm going to start in the fourth generation, and I am leaning towards SoulSilver. Smart move?

And, which legendary pokemon can I catch? Can mewtwo and mew be caught in every game?

Also, in terms of legendary pokemon and the game itself, is SoulSilver the right choice?

Years
  • Ho-Oh and Lugia can actually be obtained in both games, it's just that one's found in the main story while the other is in the post-game. The one on your game's cover is the one that will be encountered in the main story, which is Lugia for SoulSilver or Ho-Oh for HeartGold.

A full list of Legendary Pokemon in HG/SS can be found here.

As for you leaning towards SoulSilver, it's one thing that happens with a lot of people deciding which game they want. Most people tend to choose a specific version due to version exclusives, like the mascot Legendaries (despite the fact both Ho-Oh and Lugia can be obtained in HG/SS). I mainly also decide which version I mostly play due to which Pokemon are found in that specific version. I usually more often play the version that has the Pokemon I like better.

For a full list of version exclusives between HeartGold and SoulSilver, check here.

I do hope my advice was helpful enough.

Back