• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Legends - Real or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eternalglory

Private Eye
Years
  • i thought my post was pretty good too, back in page 5... ah the days of old.
    you definitely got some good ideas though. With mew and Shaymin. Although the powerpuff girls was a little over the top.

hannahmiley

Rock Star/Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • General Guy said:
    The most accurate and reasonable explanation in this entire topic. Seriously, good job.

Thanks!

Gofre said:
    yeah that all fits, not sure about giratina tho. I think being in the underworld/paralell world/whatever was his job

I thought so too at first, but then I caught Giratina and its Pokedex description describes it as a Renegade Pokemon. So I would eventually come to conclusion that Giratina was banished to the land of the dead by Arceus.

eternalglory said:
    Although the powerpuff girls was a little over the top.

LOL, sorry! :P I just saw the trio's role in D/P and then the words "Powerpuff Girls" popped up in my mind...

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    oh yeahh fair point :) im tryin to think of what its role could have been, maybe it was always supposed to be guardian of dead pokes but in a st-peter-at-pearly-gates but ended up goin evil?

Diageo

Corrupted...
    Years
  • Good theory, although i think the deoxys thing is different, I think it was born seperately from an extraterrestial virus and didnt come from mew... Or else mew should have his power right?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Ooh here's a new point:
    Pokemon in space?
    If there are pokemon from other planets (Cleffa's Birthline) where do the earth legends fit in? Here's my quick theory:
    Arceus is a super-intelligent species of pokemon, living on another planet with established societies and so on. Some of these arceus decided to explore space, either changing their genetic make-up so they could survive in space or simply teleporting in a similar (But bigger) way as abra. Upon arriving at a new planet said arceus would go about the creation processes already discussed. As for deoxys it gets a bit more complicated:

It takes a lot of power to launch oneself into space, so arceus may shed pieces of fur/skin as it broke through the atmosphere (In a similar way to meteorites entering). This piece of DNA may have been shed at a point where it was capable of surviving in space. Rather than regenerating into another arceus, it is being made under different circumstances and would form a different poke (Deoxys). However, it would keep the beneficial traits hard-coded into its DNA such as flight, strength, transmutation etc, but wouldn't be able to use them as efficiently and would have to switch between forms to gain different benefits.

Cleffa-Clefable are the reult of arceus manifesting on a meteor (For some unknown reason) ora planet arceus populated being destroyed, and cleffa evolving from bacteria that survived on fragments of said destroyed planet. This the crashed to earth and cleffas began breeding i this new enviroment (In a manner similar to how the brits brought rabbits to oz lol)

Anhy other thoughts? :)

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
  • OK now, here's my first theory suggested, but covers all the legends:

In the beginning, there was nothingness (if it's even a word). Then, out of chaos came Arceus. He created 3 disciples, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. Each of them were supposed to have a job each. Dialga and Palkia did their jobs of creating time and space respectively. However, Giratina did not want to help Arceus and instead, he rebelled. Hence, Arceus banished him to the underworld where he would become a devil. Then, soon after time and space were created, Dialga and Palkia lost control and started pandemonium. Arceus created the Powerpuff Girls (Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf) to quell the two. Dialga and Palkia were sent into a different dimension whuch was controlled by the PPGs.

Then, Arceus created Groudon and Kyogre on a ball of matter. These two would eventually shape the ball of matter into a planet. Then, the two could not get along and started fighting, most likely for territory. Arceus saw this and created two orbs, which quelled them and put them into a great slumber. Rayquaza was then created to create the skies and guard the Earth from internal and external threats.

After creating the skies, Rayquaza decided to regenerate his energy by slumbering. He created Ho-oh, who would guard the skies, and Lugia, who would guard the seas. Lugia and Ho-oh, created their own disciples. Lugia also created Manaphy, who would be the second guardian, thus explaining the "prince" title. Manaphy then had a son, Phione, who would be the third guardian. Then, Arceus created Regigigas, who towed the continents that Groudon created together. Regigigas then created his own disciples to help him fertilise the land with steel, rock, and ice. Regigigas then fell into a petrified state after draining his energy.

Then, Arceus created Mew and Shaymin, who would represent Pokemon and plants respectively. Pokemon decended from Mew while plants decended from Shaymin. Creating these took a lot of energy, especially Mew. Arceus gave up his power to learn all moves and gave it to Mew. Then, Arceus decided to regenerate in the Hall of Origin. This would leave him in the state he is now.

Shaymin flourished the land with flowers and created Celebi to guard them. He gave Celebi time travelling abilities, allowing him to guard ore effeciently. Mew gave birth to a lot of children, which are the Pokemon we see now. Mew also created humans, who would get along well with Pokemon. Darkrai and Cresselia were born from the dreams of people and Pokemon. Jirachi was born out of their wishes. Unknown to Mew, one Pokemon escaped from Earth and went to live in space. That Pokemon is Deoxys.

For Latios + Latias:
    They are rare Pokemon and are said to be legendary because they can control waves.

Heatran:
    Rare and last few of its kind. Cannot breed with Ditto because it lived so long ago that Ditto couldn't recognise its genetic structure.

wow and again I say wow that is a pretty good theory u got there...

eternalglory

Private Eye
    Years
  • Ooh here's a new point:
    Pokemon in space?
    If there are pokemon from other planets (Cleffa's Birthline) where do the earth legends fit in? Here's my quick theory:
    Arceus is a super-intelligent species of pokemon, living on another planet with established societies and so on. Some of these arceus decided to explore space, either changing their genetic make-up so they could survive in space or simply teleporting in a similar (But bigger) way as abra. Upon arriving at a new planet said arceus would go about the creation processes already discussed. As for deoxys it gets a bit more complicated:

It takes a lot of power to launch oneself into space, so arceus may shed pieces of fur/skin as it broke through the atmosphere (In a similar way to meteorites entering). This piece of DNA may have been shed at a point where it was capable of surviving in space. Rather than regenerating into another arceus, it is being made under different circumstances and would form a different poke (Deoxys). However, it would keep the beneficial traits hard-coded into its DNA such as flight, strength, transmutation etc, but wouldn't be able to use them as efficiently and would have to switch between forms to gain different benefits.

Cleffa-Clefable are the reult of arceus manifesting on a meteor (For some unknown reason) ora planet arceus populated being destroyed, and cleffa evolving from bacteria that survived on fragments of said destroyed planet. This the crashed to earth and cleffas began breeding i this new enviroment (In a manner similar to how the brits brought rabbits to oz lol)

wtf rabbits?
    pretty good besides that... though wahat if ALL pokemon came from space, eh?
    EH?

Diageo

Corrupted...
    Years
  • Cleffa-Clefable are the reult of arceus manifesting on a meteor (For some unknown reason) ora planet arceus populated being destroyed, and cleffa evolving from bacteria that survived on fragments of said destroyed planet. This the crashed to earth and cleffas began breeding i this new enviroment (In a manner similar to how the brits brought rabbits to oz lol)

Didnt clefairy and all come from the moon?

eternalglory

Private Eye
    Years
  • Why can't Celebi have come from the future and brought Arceus, who shaped the world. Celebi is now at the beginning of time, and Arceus creates Dialga to give it Time to roam into. Palkia is created to give Celebi a place to go.
    Then, they all start to fight, and Celebi leaves, because it is no longer peaceful. Arceus creates Giratina to subdue Dialga and Palkia, but Giratina hides in another dimension. Arceus learns that the fighting will not be solved by fighting, and eventually Arceus creates Uxie, Azelf, and Mespirit, who calm down everyone. With Knowledge, Emotion, and Willpower created, the ability to Wish is born, and so Jirachi is shaped out of these emotions. Jirachi senses the empty earth, and makes it able to be populated with Pokemon. Mew is born from this wish.

Meanwhile, Arceus realizes that the Earth isnt doing much. He creates Regigigas, who tows the land into what Arceus (and Palkia, I suppose) wishes. However, the Earth is not doing much, so Arceus creates Pokemon to manage opposing weathers: Rain and Drought, with Kyogre and Groudon. However, after their epic battles, Arceus sees that the world is not as it should be, and creates Rayquaza to manage a balance between the two.

However, it would seem that not all legendaries are actually unique. Even though Mew is said to be the ancestor of all Pokemon is Diamond, in FireRed the Pokedex entry is as follows: "A Pokemon of South America that was thought to have been extinct. It is very intelligent and learns any move." This suggests that, while Mew may be the ancestor of all Pokemon, it created more Mews.
    Another point would be that more than one Lugia has been spotted. This suggests that only a few Pokemon are truly unique to the world.
    Also, Heatran can either be male or female.

Speaking of Heatran, according to Bulbapedia, Heatran came from the volcanos when the world was first formed, and the lava and magma pooled together to form it. That works for me.

Now, we know that after this there are many ancient Pokemon: Aerodactyl and Kabutops are just examples. However, after a while, they went extinct. Using a fallen comet as a basis for this, I suggest that most ancient Pokemon (except the legendaries, they are powerful enough to sustain themselves) died out, and from this comet came the virus that would eventually become Deoxys.

During all this nonsense, Regigigas must have walked the earth to see how it was. As it walked, bits and pieces of it eroded off of it and fell onto certain elements: Regirock spawned from a piece that landed on a mountain, Regice from a piece that fell in Antartica, and Registeel from a mix of the piece of Regigigas and the virus-free meteorite, thus creating Registeel (this would explain why the metal is unknown to the scientists).

Eventually, Lugia and Ho-oh are born: One to Guard the Seas, and one to Guard the Skies. Eventually, born from Lugia comes Latias and Latios. Ho-oh flies constantly around the sky, bringing the newly-evolving Pokemon happiness and life, but Lugia remains underwater, breeding new Flying-like Pokemon, like the aforementioned Latias and Latios. Eventually, three Birds are born: Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. Lugia makes sure these three stay peaceful, for it is their parent.

Around this time, Cressalia falls from the moon and establishes the fact that travel is possible from the moon. Other pokemon fall from the moon as well, such as Cleffa.

Finally, many more Pokemon start taking form. Jirachi grants a wish once more to create Shaymin, who guards mother nature and make sure she stays clean and fresh.

Also, I think that Giratina creates Darkrai to plague the world that Arceus created out of spite for Arceus. That's all I have about Darkrai.

After a while, humans show up (I don't care how, this is more about Pokemon), and humans eventually build many things, and grow vastly. They build many structures, including the Tin and Ecruteak Towers (Brass Tower). However, war eventually destroys these buildings, as well as some Pokemon inside it. Ho-oh is near at the time, and revives three Pokemon especially to be the embodiment of some sort: Raikou, the embodiment of the speed of lightning; Entei, the embodiment of the passion of magma (??); and Suicune, the embodiment of the Northern Wind.

With human research comes the ability to revive ancient Pokemon as well as create new ones. Deoxys is finally created when the viral DNA encounters a laser, and Mewtwo is created from an epic reviving maneuver.

That's my theory on it anyway. Time travel solves everything :D

Oh, and I saw a lot of people talking about plates? Well, we can say that Arceus used each plate to create a different Element, and is the physical manifestation of said element into a form that only Arceus can use, thus giving him power over all elements. However, over thousands of years, the plates got buried and such. I think that's pretty good.

^
    see i makes good theories too!
    //sulk//

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Yeah the rabbit comment is a bit weird, so heres a history lesson for ya :)
    Back in the 19th century, Britain colonised australia, and some refined gentlemen brought over 24 rabbits to let loose and hunt... Less than a year later the rabbit population had hit over a million lol.
    Oh yeahhh clefairy's from the moon, completely forgot lol
    this sorta makes my rabbit theory redundant :)

hannahmiley

Years
  • Diageo said:
    Good theory, although i think the deoxys thing is different, I think it was born seperately from an extraterrestial virus and didnt come from mew... Or else mew should have his power right?

Yeah, I guess you're right. So I guess we can classify Deoxys under Artificial Pokemon, since it wasn't a natural Pokemon at first?

Here's another topic, since we might all know the origins of Earthling Pokemon: Pokemon from space, where did they come from?

My theory is that some Pokemon that Mew created went to the moon to live. Then, their descendants came back to Earth in a meteorite.

So, waddya guys think?

MegaMushroom07

Animal Crossing Most-Wanted
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    Yeah the rabbit comment is a bit weird, so heres a history lesson for ya :)
    Back in the 19th century, Britain colonised australia, and some refined gentlemen brought over 24 rabbits to let loose and hunt... Less than a year later the rabbit population had hit over a million lol.
    Oh yeahhh clefairy's from the moon, completely forgot lol
    this sorta makes my rabbit theory redundant :)

My country is full of refined Gentlemen.

Tally-ho!

Last edited:

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Unfortunately mega-mush, we refined british chaps like you and I are a dying breed, slowly being replaced by chavs...ugh lol

That was off topic so to get back on....
    How/why did heatran die out? I doubt they'd have left their volcanoes as its an ideal enviroment they dont need to leave. No other pokes could survive there, or would be to hot to fight. They wouldnt kill each other to the point of extinction, and their rock-hard shells could survive cave-ins and the like.

So what wiped out the beasties? Which are extremely cool btw, I tink i hated all the new legends when i first saw them but they've grown on me lol. Anyone else felt the same?

:)

Diageo

Corrupted...
    Years
  • Hey Mega-mushroom, quit going offtopic....

Maybe Volcanoes used to be hotter and now that more volcanoes are becoming extinct then heatran is as well.

Ps. I hate most new lengedaries if not all....

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Aruces was born from nothing

It called Dialga/Palkia/Giratina into existence

Aruces created Mew separately, to be the descendant of all Normal Pokemon

Dialga created Celebi, lending it the power to travel through time

Palkia created Jirachi and Deoxys, giving them the power to manipulate Space

Giratina created the three Psychic Pokemon of Sinnoh, to wage war on Arucues, but they rebelled against Giratina instead, locking him away in another Dimension for a time.

===
    Any Good?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    The Jirachi/Deoxys theory is wrong as neither control space. Deoxys lives in actual space and jirachi just travels round granting wishes (Revelation; Jirachi is an offspring of cresselia, born to make dreams a reality????)

3 psychic pkmn is also off the mark, its already been established that they imprisioned dialga/palkia (Hence their role in the game)

Back to mega; I agree this country's goin downhill :l im goin to uni then im off to oz with the rabbits lol

hannahmiley

Years
  • Gofre said:
    (Revelation; Jirachi is an offspring of cresselia, born to make dreams a reality????)

Hey, that makes a whole lot of sense! Cresselia was meant to soothe people's dreams while Jirachi was meant to grant them. It would make sense that the both are related.

Zungie

Professor Zee
    Years
  • I couldn't be bothered to read through the whole 199 post's, so this may be a bit of a stale subject by now..
    But back to the topic.. Arceus is (as agreed by base stat's) the most powerfull pokémon. How's about the form in which we catch him isn't the form he took when creating Sinnoh/the Universe (I know it's been said, but tune in for the rest). Well with the plates, he can change his state. So say he was born in a universe of chaos, maybe he started as an evil character.. Maybe he wasn't a goodie-two-shoes in the beggining, maybe he didn't plan to make the Universe.. Maybe Mew changed his mind somehow? I know it's sounding more and more farfetched.. What if Mew made him too powerfull to begin with, and gave him EVERY type? Mew being all wise and powerfull would have gathered that she'd made a mistake, dispersed all of Arceus' types into these plates, left him in a feeble weakened state compared to what he was, and made him realise his mistakes.. Then to show remource, we have Sinnoh!

It makes sense in my head, but I don't know what it looks like on here >.<
    Regards, Zungie.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back