• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lenore Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Kay1190: Control? You have full control of your character, made-up trainers, pokemon you battle and meert, as well as gym leaders. There will be few times when I take control of an opponent. As for your chapters, please skip lines each time a new person talks. And by the way, congrats, you've got a pokedex, five pokeballs and a lvl 5 Venonat.
    Summer: Very good start! Damian has recieved a pokedex, five pokeballs and a lvl 5 Yanma!

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Chapter 1, Pt. I:

Max's eyes fluttered open. The sun had risen up over the horizon and it was the day he would get his starting Pokemon. He had come to Lenore Region by a huge Fearow someone had leant him because they totally hated him and wanted him out of Pallet. So far, the city he was staying in was more welcoming to street-livers...that or barely anyone saw him.

Max stood up and stretched his arms up. His sandy colored hair was ruffled as always. He looked down at the thrown out matress he had been sleeping on and smiled. People in Pallet didn't throw their old stuff out, knowing orphans would probably steal it and use it for their own benifit...which was just plain ignorant.

He bent down, pulled the matress up, and grabed his clothes. He had only been sleeping in his blue boxers without a shirt because it was very warm out last night. He slipped on his white shirt and blue baggy shorts, just as a young lady about his age came walking past. She smiled at him, but kept on going.

Max shruged as he put on his gloves, and put on his goggles over his forehead for now. He grabbed his bag which was hanging from a small pole hanging out low over the ground. He was ready now. He walked out of the alley he had slept in and walked down to a huge white laboratory. He loved it here so much and wished he could live here... but he also wished he had more detail about where that person who killed his family was at here...he had no insight though.

He walked past a bakery, which had a wonderful fragrence coming from it. He stopepd and looked in the window. It had a back kitchen. Max walked down the side of the building and looked through the door's window, which led in to the kitchen. Only one person in there and he was across the kitchen from a loaf of bread and some cream cheese...an easy steal.

Max placed his bag behind a dumpster, but only after taking his ski cap out of it. He put his ski cap on, and then began climbing the side of the very short building. He gasped as a part of the building was losse, and went crashing down to the ground. He sighed with relief as he realized it wasn't much of a deal. In no time he reached the top of the building.

Luckily, there was a small one square top of the building, near the food. He quickly and silently took the glass off and gently placed it next to him. He stuck his head in o the kitchen, and noticed that the chef had left. He pulled his head out and stuck his body in slowly. Feet first, then the rest of his body, until he was left hanging from the roof. He dropped down and noticed it would be easy to get back out.

He quickly grabbed the bread and cheese and then looked around for a stool. He quickly spotted one and grabbed it. He started setting it up, just as the kitchen doors flew open.

"Hey!" shouted the chef. He wore the classic chef uniform, and was very...uh, plump. Max grimaced just as he finished setting the stool up. He got on to the top step and threw the fod on to the roof. Quickly he jumped and grabbed the edge of the roof, but was quickly caught as the chef grabbed his feet.

"What are you doing?" he yelled.

"Let me go!" Max shouted. He finally managed to get a foot loose and kicked his face, causing the chef to let go. Max quickly pulled himself up and didn't worry about moving the glass in place. The place was so small, Max leapt off the building and landed firmly on the ground, with just a little pain in his left leg. he quickly scooped his bag up, pulled his mask off and put it in the bag along with the food.

He finished just as the chef came out, but didn't recognize him. "Did you see someone wearing a ski mask come running by?" he asked Max.

"Uh yeah. He ran in that direction." Max siad pointing to the opposite direction of where he was going. The chef nodded and dashe doff in that direction. Max smiled thinking the chef was such a sap. He then headed off towards the laboratory, eating his bread and cream cheese.

A few minutes later he was standing in front of a huge lake, with a gym across it...it would be the eight gym. Max swollowed a bite of bread and stuck the rest of it in his bag for later. To think he would eventually be coming back from here. Max sighed and turned around, going back towards the very near lab.

He reached the lab and quickly pulled the doors open. Professor Leef stood there with only enough supplies left for one person...he was apparently last. Max quickly wiped the bread crumbs from his mouth and took the supplies. Professor Leef quickly briefed him on what the supplies where; which was a pokeball with a pokemon, 5 pokeballs, and a pokedex, and then he left.

Max started heaidng towards the first route. So many emotions rushed through him. Excitement, confusion, anger, and much more. He couldn't wait for his journey. He decided then and there that he wouldn't stop until the person who killed his family was dead.

END

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Chapter One

Renka stood, rooted in place, in front of the entrance to Shirk City. The streets were bustling with activity. Shoppers ran in and out of stores; cars thundered above on the highway. Renka watched warily as people passed by, skipping playfully or muttering something about the price of this week's meat.

So this is Shirk City? I didn't think it would be so busy. It didn't look very big on the map. How do people manage to find their way in this stupid crowd?

Renka walked silently down the street. According to the map, the laboratory was located next to a lake. So all I have to do is find it.

While she walked, she noticed that the buildings were all made of one, strange material. It seemed like cement at first;however, when she took a closer look at it, she noticed that it was slightly smoother and more humid than normal cement. She snorted. Oh, so they have wet cement here? Really, these people are starting to get on my nerves.

She halted. Squinting, she could make out the outline of a large, sparkling surface. The lake. Quickening her pace, she made her way to the bright, shining mass she could see a few blocks away. Suddenly, the scent of fresh water met her nose. She was here.

The lake's surface was smooth and clear. The water shone like crystal, and the sunlight reflected it in made it sparkle like a jewel. Slowly, Renka bent over and ran her fingers in the water. They caused small ripples, washing over like tiny waves. Renka sighed. Well, I guess they do have some good things here. The water is a lot more pure than the one we have at home are always all salty.

She heaved herself up. Raising her head, she saw a large, grey building standing on the opposite shore of the lake. The symbol of the Pokemon League shone proudly in the sun. Renka tensed. The eighth Gym... Her heart pounded. She knew that someday, she would be there, at the other side of this great cloak of water, and that she would challenge it. And I would win.

Turning her head, she saw, for the first time, Professor Leef's lab. It was made of the same, muddy cement the buildings in town were made of. Scoffing, Renka made her way to the large, entrance doors and banged them open. The sound echoed annoyingly in the building.

"Hey, Professor!" Renka yelled. "I'm here, so give me a Pokemon already!"

A head poked out from behind the wall. It then stepped out to revealed the rest of its body. It was a middle-aged man, supposedly in his mid-thirties or so, with a handful of curly, brown hair and a thick, tangled beard. He was slightly chubby and wore a long, white labcoat. He cleared his throat. "Not implying to be rude, but who exactly are you? And who exactly gave you the permission to cause a such uproar in my laboratory? Hm?" He dipped his head sideways, taking a very annoying adultish air.

"I'm Renka Flameswell," Renka answered dully, not at all impressed by either the Professor's highly rich vocabulary, or by his manner. "And who exactly said that I had to have somebody's permission to ah, cause such an uproar in your laboratory?" She asked, mimicking the Professor's tone with an exaggerated shake.

The Professor blinked. Then, he roared with laughter. Patting Renka on the back, much to her annoyance, he chuckled. "My, my, you are quite a special comedian, aren't you, my dear? Well, follow me, follow me..."

His voice trailed off. He beckoned her with his index(Renka rolled her eyes), and began walking down the hallway with his hands behind his back, in an old man way.

Renka twitched irritably. How the heck did such an airhead become a Pokemon Professor? She followed him without enthousiasm. Soon, they arrived at the end of the corridor, where stood a plain, white door. Professor Leef swung it open and nudged her to follow him. Growling, Renka did as he instructed, stepping into the large, white room.

She looked around. The room was extremely plain, painted in white and decorate with simple polka-dot wallpapers. Huge machines stood here and there. Bookshelves filled with complicated-looking books and encyclopedias were in every corner. Renka whistled. Even if he wasn't much, his work room was.

"Over here, over here," Professor Leef chanted, waddling(or so it seemed to Renka) to the center of the room, where the biggest machine of all stood. It had a large, beeping red center. The Professor reached into it and picked up a small, red and white ball. Looking it over, he ripped off the label. "Ah...yes, ABK103789597...it was an interesting specimen..." He thrust it into Renka's palm. "There. It's yours."

Renka resisted the urge to stomp on his foot. This is the first step towards my goal! It's a very important thing, you know! Don't just go and say, "Blablablablabla...oh, here, it's yours." You stupid Professor!

He cleared his throat again. Renka stifled a groan. "Of course..." he said. "You must know that there are certain rather strict conditions to raising Pokemon. I hope that you understand that a Pokemon is not a machine, or a tool, but an important partner that will be precious to you during your journey."

Well, duh, I probably know that better than you do!

"And so," he continued. "You must learn to bond with your partner, and eventually dive deeper into the realm called friendship."

"You probably practiced this speech a thousand times," Renka muttered under her breath.

The Professor seemed to not have heard her. Sighing satisfactorily, he took out a red device from his coat's pocket as well as five other small red balls. Handing them to Renka, he explained, "They're Pokeballs. And this is a Pokedex."

"I know," Renka snapped, unable to control herself.

He seemed taken back by her words. Ignoring it, Renka snatched the Pokedex and Pokeballs and ran out of the room. Soon, she was back at the lake's entrance, the cool wind blowing softly against her face. She let out a loud snort of disgust, then stared at the Pokeball in her hand. She had fitted the others on her belt, and had slipped her Pokedex into her jean's pocket. Taking a deep breath, she tossed the ball into the air.

The Pokeball snapped open with a soft click. A mass of red light burst out of it, taking form on the grass. The light faded to reveal a small, scorpion-like Pokemon. Its rippled skin was a bright red, and it had sharp, silver claws and pincers. The tip of its tail was armed with a silver needle, and it waved it menacingly in the air.

The Pokedex in her pocket turned out. A digital, female voice rang out:
    Lenore Region

Skorupi #451 : Scorpion Pokemon
    Poison/Bug
    It lives in arid lands. It grips its prey with its tail claws and injects poison. It likes to bury itself in sand and lie in wait of unsuspecting prey.

Then, it said:

Skorupi
    Lenore Region
    lvl.5

Brave Nature
    Ability: Sniper
    Moves: Bite - Poison Sting

Renka smirked. Great, I've got a fierce Pokemon. She lay her hand out to Skorupi. The latter sniffed it, looked at her curiously, then climbed on. Renka placed him on her shoulder. Then, taking out her map, she traced the line to Route 01.

"All right, Skorupi," she said dangerously. "You'll find I'm not easy mistress, so I'll work you hard!"

Skorupi chittered in response.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Pikalover: Interesting post! Great description and can't wait to see more! You have recieved a pokedex, five pokeballs and a Scyther.
    Neiko Star: Renka is very demanding, isn't she? :) Congrats, you have recieved a pokedex, five pokeballs and a Skorupi.

For all who haven't posted, do so by the end of the week please! I will have the second chapter up as soon as the OOC thread is approved.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Grassy Plains (Route 1)
    2-4 posts​

You have just entered Route One, the Grassy Plains, which, like its name implies, is very grassy. It is a very long path with nothing but different lengths of grass, the occasional bush or tree and, of course, pokemon. When you are done with your posts, please finish with you entering into a wooden cabin. It is a pokemon center made right in the middle of the path, as the path is so long, it is not safe to get to the next city without taking a rest.

Common Pokemon
    Lenore Region

Name: Oddish
    Levels: 2-6
    Attacks: Absord, Sweet Scent
    Lenore Region

Name: Bellsprout
    Attacks: Vine Whip
    Lenore Region

Name: Hoppip
    Levels: 2-7
    Attacks: Splash, Synthesis, Confusion

Uncommon:
    Lenore Region

Name: Shroomish
    Attacks: Absorb, Tackle

Rare:
    Lenore Region

Name: Cacnea
    Level: 2-6
    Attacks: Poison Sting, Leer, Absorb

Really Rare:
    Lenore Region

Name: Lileep
    Levels: 2-5
    Attacks: Astonish, Constrict​

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Chapter 2, Pt. 1:

Max smiled as he walked down the Grassy Pains/Route 1. He stopped dead in his tracks and grabbed his new Pokemon's Pokeball. He tossed it in to the air and in a blinding white flash a dark colored mantis appeared. Max took out his Pokedex and scanned it.
    Lenore Region

Species: Scyther, the Mantis Pokemon.
    Entry: It is nearly impossible to parry its attacking scythes. Its movements are like a ninja's.

Max smiled at the Scyther and rubbed its head.

"Hi. I'm yuor new trainer, Max." Max said.

"Scy!" Scyther said in excitement. Max smiled and turned around as the bushes began to rustle. Instinctavly, he readied himself to run away, but calmed himself whena small little mushroom thing with legs came walking out. Max looked at Scyther, who rubbed his scythes against eachother like he was reading Max's mind.

Max stepped behind Scyther who got in front of Max. "Scyther let's go! USe Quick Attack!" Max commanded.

Scyther bent his head a little and placde his scythes at the side of his body and dashed over to the mushroom at blinding speed. He was so fast a white slipstream was left behind him. Scyther appeared in front of the mushroom and then slammed in to it, sending it flying back.

Max took out his Pokedex, remembering to scan it.
    Lenore Region

Species: Shroomish, the mushroom Pokemon.
    Entry: It spouts poison spores from the top of its head. These spores cause pain all over if inhaled.

The Shroomish flew back from the sudden impact and hit a tree. It landed and shook itself off and then glared at Scyther with an evil look. It then began bounding towards Scyther, and slammed in to him, knocking him down.

"Use Focus Energy!" Max said.

Scyther pushed the Shroomish off with his scythes and a round force field like thing formed around him. He then glew a bright orange and turned back to normal color as the Shroomish leapt in to the air and shot a green ball of energy at Scyther.

Scyther dodged the attack, but then the ball of energy spun right back around and slamed in to him. The energy sucked his health and took it straight to the Shroomish. The all entered the Shroomish slowly and it glowed a bright green color.

"Ok...Quick Attack!" Max shouted.

Scyther sped off towards the Shroomish. He was stronger now because of Focus Energy and the attack would do more damage this time. A white slipstream followed behind Scyther, and he slammed in to Shroomish, sending it flying off. This time Shroomish shot the ball of energy for Scyther, and pushed off the tree towards Scyther as he turned around after dodgin the energy ball once.

Scyther then yelped in pain as Shroomish slammed in to his back, knocking him to the groudn and the ball of energy flew past and disappeared. Scyther kicked Shroomish off of him and leapt in to the air, did a full backflip, and then landed softly.

"Uh...Quick Attack!" Max felt like a broken record player.

Scyther stood still this time, waiting for the Shroomish to attack first. Finally, the Shroomish shot the ball of energy at Scyther, who casually stpped out of the way and then dashed off towards Shroomish.

The ball of energy quickly boomeranged back and it was almost goign to hit Scyther. At the last minute Scyther moved over a little bit and slightly slowed down. The ball passed by and then Scyther slammed in to the Shroomish.

Shroomish flew back a little, but landed and darted for Scyther. It slammed in to Scyther, but Scyther caught his balance, and threw Shroomish in to a tree with his scythes. Shroomish yelped in pain and slid down to the ground.

"Quick Attack to finish it off!"

Scyther darted over to the Shroomish, leaving a white slipstream behind him, and kicked it with his right foot. The Shroomish yelped again, and then sat there knocekd out. Max smiled and walked over to Scyther. He threw his arm over Scyther's shoulder and the two walked off down the route.

"Good job, buddy." Max said.

"Scy ther scy!" Scyther said in excitement at winning his first battle, although it was against a wild Pokemon, but they still won.

END

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Pikalover: Excellent post, but I saw many grammar mistakes. Still it was good, but I expect to see less errors from now on. :) Scyther grew to level 7.

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    OOC: Oops...sorry about that...

Chapter 2, Pt. II:

Max and Scyther continued down the route. A few Pokemon every now and then whirled by, trying to grab Max's attention, but Max ignored them for now. He looked at Scyther who was trying to swat away a red bug thing with wings. It looked like a dragonfly. Max took out his Pokedex and scanned it.

Species: Yanma, the clear wing Pokemon.
    Entry: Its eyes can see 360 degrees without moving its head. It won't miss prey--even those behind it.

Suddenly, a kid started running from further down the route towards them. He had brown hair, wore a white T-shirt, black shorts, and red and white fingerless gloves. He had just a spray of freckles across his nose.

"Yanma come here!" he shouted. The Yanma turned his head around and then flew over to his master quickly. The kid sighed and looked up at Max, as if he had just noticed him. "Hiya! My name is Mark...want to have a battle?" he asked.

"Uh...sure!" Max agreed. The Yanma flew from Mark's shoulder and landed on the ground next to him, although Max could tell Yanma didn't like being on the ground much.

"Ok then! Yanma use Tackle!" Mark shouted.

"Use Quick Attack!" Max replied.

Scyther scratched his scythes against each other and watched Yanma. Yanma began violently flapping his bug wings and pushed off the ground. He then darted for Scyther. At the last second Scyther jumped over Yanma and then spun around.

He sped off towards Yanma in a flurry of speed, leaving a slipstream behind him. Yanma spun around quickly after he stopped flying, just as Scyther slammed in to him. Yanma flew back crashed in to the ground.

"Yanma use Foresight and then Quick attack!" Mark yelled.

"Use Focus energy and then Quick Attack!" Max replied.

Yanma's eyes turned purple as he locked on to Scyther. Scyther was surrounded by an orange force field and then glew a bright shade of orange too. He turned back to normal color and the force field disappeared.

Yanma then sped off towards Scyther, his wings beating furiously. Scyther stood in the same position, and was going to jump over Yanma again, but instead was hit and slammed in to the ground.

Scyther opened his eyes and was staring in the face of Yanma. He kicked Yanma off and then grabbed him with his scythes. He then flung Yanma away, mainly so that he could hit with Quick Attack. Yanma flew back, but caught himself in mid air before hitting a tree.

Scyther darted after Yanma, his feet moving in that direction swiftly. His scythes were against his sides and his head was bent a little. He left a small white slipstream behind him and then slammed himself in to Yanma. Yanma flew back this time and slammed in to a tree.

"Ah wait!" Mark cried out suddenly "I forgot my mom needs me home in a few minutes! Sorry, uh..."

"Max." Max said.

"Right! Sorry, Max, but I gotta go...maybe some other time?" and with that Mark and Yanma sped off towards Shirk City. Max sighed in disappointment as Scyther came walking up to him, looking like it was his fault.

"Don't worry Scyther! Next match we get we'll win for sure!" Max assured him. Scyther smiled at that and leapt on to Max's back, thinking he was as small as a Pichu. Max caught Scyther, but collapsed under the weight, and the two laid on the ground together laughing.

END

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
    Chapter 2 Part 1

Damian pushed his feet between the painfully bright flowers of Grassy Plains trying to avert his eyes upward away from the array of brightness. His Pokemon seemed not to fatigue at all, he had been joyfully buzzing around Damian's head for what he would guess was about an hour straight. Each flower had a fragrant smell of its own bringing a majesty of smells to Damian's nose. He realized he hadn't been this far from home in a very long time and it was actually refreshing to be out doors. So far the only bad part about it was the sun beating down on him, he could feel his skin begin to redden and burn.

In the distance Damian saw a large rock that looked like it could serve as a good source of shade. His path began veering slightly to the left closer and closer towards the left nearing him towards the stone. The stone got larger as Damian approached it and the only thing Damian could think of was the sweet relief he would receive from getting away from the sunlight. as he approached the stone he felt the shade come over him cooling him more and more as he approached the base of the rock. He plumped down on the base of the rock and relaxed his whole body while his bug Pokemon continued flying at high speeds around the stone making excited noises.

Damian noticed some wild truffles growing next to him in the shade and decided to start picking them one by one for dinner later. He saw an especially big one and picked it up pulling it hard up from the ground thinking it would be a challenge to pick. To his immediate surprise not only did the mushroom come up easily and immediately but it also had a face on it. It was a Pokemon! "Shrooom!" It exclaimed angrily staring at Damian. He quickly dropped the small mushroom and backed off.

"Buzz! Quickly time for our first battle!" Damian exclaimed ready for the challenge. Buzz was there in an instant and focused its attention on the small grass type. "Buzz use your tackle!" Damian yelled pointing at the enemy and Buzz zoomed at high speeds towards it. In the same manner as Buzz the Shroomish jumped at Buzz and they collided in the air.

(TO BE CONTINUED!)​

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Chapter 2, Pt. III:

Max and Scyther walked along the route. For a while, nothing was going on. Max figured that the route was on its break and that it was busier at different times. Max rubbed Scyther's head again, he was truly bored but didn't want to make it seem like that.

"Hey Max!" someone shouted.

Max snapped out of his fantasy world and noticed someone ahead. It was Richard, a kid he had pranked but loved it. He didn't go home crying to tell their parents about it. Richard ran up to Max. He had sandy colored hair and a light tan, which Max didn't remember at all the last time he saw Richard. He wore a bathing suit and a towel over his arms...he was dripping wet.

"Oh, I just came from a friend of mine's pool party...I'm going back to Shirk City. What are you doing out here?" Richard asked.

"Hey, Richard. I'm training for the Pokemon League. I got my first Pokemon, Scyther, earlier today." Max bragged.

"Awesome! I got a Pokemon of my own...well it's actually my mom's and she gave it to me for the day to protect myself, but anyway...want to have a battle?" Richard asked.

"Uh...Sure!" Max agreed.

"Ok! Go, Skorupi!" Richard shouted.

He threw his Pokeball in to the air, it soared up high and it popedp open. In a blinding white flash which emanated form the Pokeball, a purple skorpion Pokemon appeared. Max took out his Pokedex and scanned it.
    Lenore Region

Species: Skorupi, the scorpion Pokemon.
    Entry: It grips prey with its tail claws and injects poison. It tenaciously hangs on until the poison takes.

"Ok! Skorupi use Poison Sting!" Richard shouted.

"Quick Attack!" Max shouted.

The scorpion's pincers grew a deep purple color. Scyther stood still, wondering what he would do. Then, purple needles shot from each of its pincers. Scyther leapt over most of them, nd deflected the rest with his blades.

He landed and began running towards Skorupi, his feet moving rapidly. A white slipstream was left behind him and he slammed himself in to the scorpion. Skorupi flew back, but did a backflip in midair and landed on his feet.

"NOw use Bite!" Richard shouted.

"Use Quick Attack!" Max said.

Scyther dashed off first, he wanted the upper hand. A white slipstream was left behind Scyther. Scyther slashed at Skorupi with one of his scythes, but Skorupi leapt in to the air and dodged it. Scyther then jumepd in to the air after him and slashed with both at the same time, and they both hit. Skorupi yelped in pain as he was trapped.

He tried chomping down on Scyther, but couldn't. He couldn't reach him. Scyther held on tighter, and then walked over to a tree. Skorupi gritted his teeth and Scyther slamed him in to a tree. The tree was crushed and Skorupi yelped in pain.

"Use Focus Energy and then Quick Attack!" MAx said before Richard could even think of a tactic.

A force field surronded Scyther. It was a bright orange and Scyther grew bright orange. The force field disappeared as Skorupi shoved his way out fo the remains of the tree. He was panting heavily now. Scyther sliced hsi scythes against each other and then dashed off towards Skorupi.

"Use Poison Sting!" Richard shouted closing his eyes. Richard was probably around eight, maybe nine. Richard opened his eyes.

Scyther left a slipstream behind him, and smacked in to Skorupi. Skorupi flew back, but shot out a bunch of purple needles full of poison at Scyther. Scyther dodged a few, but was hit by the other ones. It hurt too, it was super effective and Scyther was already tired from the few earlier battles today.

"End this with Quick Attack!" Max said.

"Bite!" Richard shouted.

Scyther dashed at Skorupi who was panting heavily. He left a bright white slipstream behind him and then tried smacking skorupi, but Skorupi jumepd over him and dodged. Scyther held out both of his scythes, one in front of him and the other behind him, and quickly spun around, hitting Skorupi away.

Skorupi skidded across the dirt and stopped at Richard's feet. Richard sighed as he realized that Skorupi was out cold...oh well. Max smirked and jumped on to Scyther's back, luckily Scyther could hold him. They had one their first trainer battle!

"Good battle." Richard said.

"YEah. I can tell one day you'll be an awesome trainer." Max said.

Richard smiled and then dashed away towards Shirk City. Max was still clinging his arms around Scyther, who decided to just start walking. Max could tel this was going to be an awesome journey.

END

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Summer: Looking forward to more!
    Pikalover: Scyther is totally ninja. :) Scyther grew to level 9 and learned Pursuit!

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    OOC: lol...he does remind me of one though:P

Scyther and Max lounged around in an open grass field. A few Shroomish lounged around as well. Max didn't feel like battling right now...he wanted to get to know Scyther better and all.

"So Scyther. How was your past?" Max asked feeling stupid after asking the question.

"Scy." by Scyther's attitude it sounded like it wasn't very good.

"I understand. I grew up since I was four without a family and lived on the streets, stealing to survive. My parents and older brother were killed by someone and I plan on seeking revenge on them." Max said.

"Thr." Scyther's attitude made Max think he was saying something like 'I'm sorry '.

Max yanwed and stretched his arms out. He was a little tired and could tell Scyther was too, so he fell asleep...little did he know he would have a nightmare.

---
    In Max's dream, he was in what looked like the middle of a volcano. He looked around and saw Scyther miserably losing to a Pokemon he didn't recognize. Max tried moving, but couldn't. It was like his legs were made of concrete or were cemented to the floor.

Suddenly, the scene changed and the battle disappeared. Max was falling through nothing...it was pitch black and nothing was around. Then, a loud menacing voice boomed and Max hit solid floor.

"You don't want to kill the person who destroyed your family" it said.

"Why wouldn't I!? They destroyed my life!" Max shouted.

"Hehehe...do you know who killed your family?" the voice asked.

"No. But I'll find them no matter what!" Max said.

"You've already found him...and in fact he is closer then you think."

"Where is he?" Max asked looking around trying to find the voice. Suddenly, footsteps moved closer to him and a young boy of probably four stood in front of him. He had sandy colored hair, wore a white T-shirt, black shorts, and carried a small blanket around with him.

"This is him."

Max rasied an eyebrow wondering what the voice meant. This kid idn't even old enough! Let alone could he barely stab a rock. The person who was talking to him must be on drugs.

"You don't recognize this figure? This isn't as old as they are...He is probably about your age."

Max still didn't recognize the kid. Suddenly, it hit him. This was him when he was four. But, he wouldn't kill his family! Max dropped something he had been holding in his hand, but didn't know what it was. Suddenly little Max dropped his blanket and he was holdign a knife spattered with blood.

"No! I couldn't have killed them! I loved them I would never." but that was all he could say before Scyther smacked Max's head waking him up.

---
    Max sat straight up. He was panting heavily and for some strange reason...he couldn't remember what his dream was about. It was so weird. He looked up in to the sky as a small flock of Pidgey flew across the sky. Max rubbed his head, trying to remember, and then stood up. He looked down the path and saw a log cabin. It was a Pokemon Center!

Scyther and Max dashed towards the Pokemon center and in a few minutes arrived. They stepped through the doors with a huge smile on their faces.

END

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Chapter Two: Part I

Renka stared. Everywhere around her, grass grew at an alarming height. Great. She cursed. Why is there so much grass? Dang it! Why the heck did they have to---
    She sneezed violently. Growling, she faced the desert of grass in front of her and took a small step. So far so good. She took another step. Her body shook as another violent sneeze came. Argh! Not only is there a lot of grass, it just has to be this long!

"Hop?"

Renka's attention shifted. There, a few feet away from her, was a strange creature. It was bright cherry pink, and had a large, round face. Four stubby little legs held it up. Narrow green leaves grew on its head. Its large ears twitched as it cocked its head, eyeing Renka curiously with tiny, little yellow eyes. The Pokedex immediately turned on:
    Lenore Region

Hoppip #187 : Cottonweed Pokemon
    Grass/Flying
    This Pokemon drifts and floats with the wind. It is said that when Hoppip gather in fields and mountains, spring is on the way.

Renka frowned. This cutsie Pokemon sounded like some kind of pollen. Grimacing, she nudged Skorupi, who instantly jumped down her shoulder, landing on the ground with a soft thud.

The Hoppip seemed to have realized the scorpion Pokemon's presence. Panicking, it hopped, and let the gentle breeze carry her higher and higher. Renka yelled, "Skorupi! Don't let her get aw--" She sneezed. Cursing the grass, she commanded, "Use Poison Sting!"

Skorupi obeyed. It raised its tail, its claws gleaming like silver, and shot out three, venemous purple stings at the Hoppip. They struck it with tremendous force. Renka, remembering the type advantage, grinned. The Hoppip landed with a thump on the ground. For a few moments, it was still. Then, it bounced back up, as though nothing had happened.

Renka gritted her teeth. "All right, if that's how you want to play it," she hissed. "Skorupi, use Poison Sting again!"

Skorupi shot another round of poison particles. This time, Hoppip, expecting it, jumped aside. It was faster than it looked.

Renka was definitely fuming by now. "That's...it....," she said dangerously. "I'm really mad now...Skorupi, use Poison Sting again, and this time make sure you don't miss!" She spat out the last words menacingly.

The scorpion Pokemon shuddered. Knowing that he would be in big trouble he missed, he braced himself...then shot out dozens of stings from his tail and claws. Hoppip cried, trying to avoid the attacks, but there were too many. A couple of them hit it from the side, making it crash into the ground. It moaned, then, this time with difficulty, heaved itself up. It seemed to be dizzy, since it somehow couldn't stand straight. Renka smirked. Victory was near.

"Okay, Skorupi!" She shouted. "Finish that cotton--weed---pollen--leafywhateverthing! Use Bite!"

Skorupi charged. Opening its mouth, revealing small, silver fangs, it sunk them deeply into Hoppip's head. The later shrieked, then collapsed on the spot. Skorupi let go, looking pleased with itself.

Renka grabbed a Pokeball from her belt. All right. This is it. She threw the ball at the unconscious Hoppip. The Pokemon turned into a mass of red light, and got sucked into the ball. The Pokeball fell to the grass with a soft, crunching sound. The center glowed red. Renka gulped.

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    Is this still open?

Name: Jess
    Personality:
    Jess is usually a down-to-earth kind of girl. She is quick to act in dangerous situations, but sometimes thinks over her options before doing it. She loves all Pokemon and her favorite type of Pokemon is Fire/Ground. She also is a quick thinker (if she decides not to think things over) and will reaction almost immediately, almost too quickly for her Pokemon to act in time. Her strategies are different every time she battles, creating new ones as she rests and camps with her Pokemon. Sometimes she's hasty, nasty, entergetic, etc; it just depends on what kind of day it is. One day she could wake up and grumple up saying 'Let's do nothing but sleep and eat today,' or 'I don't want to battle! I'm sleepy!' Other times, she would be up early and ready to run off. She would say things like this, 'Come on, wakey wakey, all! This us get this hussle-a-bussle movin' so we can get to the next town before suntown!'
    Appearance:
    Jess has long brown hair that she usually holds up into a ponytail. She usually wears an ashy gray T-shirt with a crimson sweatshirt over it as well as faded jeans. She also wears a crimson cap on her head with the letter J in script with white lettering. Her eyes are a beautiful yellow-green and she is a high height of 5' 8" and still growing.
    Jess takes after both of her parents. Her face is heart-shaped and she is muscular. She has lifted weights for many years with her Pokemon.
    Jess is also very pretty. She has perfectly shaped lips and her lips and hips are curved beautifully. She wears long, gold earrings and also has a valuable prayer necklace and cross around her neck. She got this from her grandfather and his Rhydon before they died in a fight with Team Rocket. Jess wants to live up to her grandfather's memory and wants to take down whoever killed her grandfather.
    History:
    Jess grew up in a family of Pokemon trainers. Her parents were both travelers and owned many species of Pokemon, always telling Jess that they'll get her a Pokemon, but never got to it. Because of her parents always traveling, Jess was taken care of her grandfather and his Rhydon for a good part of her life. When her fifteenth birthday came, her grandfather gave her a box. Inside was a prayer box necklace, and a cross necklace. But then, Team Rocket attacked and Jess was told to hide. Her grandfather protected her, but paid the price with his life as well as his Rhydon's.
    After her grandfather's funeral, Jess decided to live up to her grandfather's wish: "I want to see you grow up and become the best trainer you can be. This Heracross can help you." he had said. Jess was definitely going to live up to his wish and she was never going to give up.
    Preffered Starter:
    Shiny Heracross (no nickname).
    His Gender is Male and his nature is Brave, like Jess's. Heracross loves to show off that he was the first Pokemon Jess owned and loves to show off how 'strong' he is, though he can also be a bit clingy to Jess sometimes. He usually never shows his weaknesses and never backs down unless commanded by his trainer.
    RP Sample:
    Selena waited patiently as her Elites brought forward the new recruits. In a line they stepped forward and filed in. All wore different clothes, were different heights, ages, and genders.

"They look strong, Master," Charcoal whispered beside Selena, clicking his claws. Charcoal was Selena's Charizard; the first Pokemon she received as a Charmander ten years ago.

"Yes, they do." Selena said, nodding. "But we'll have to find it out with Semloh's Challenge." Selena cleared her throat and got up from her chair, stepping forward in front of the twenty recruits. Her black hair lay past her shoulders and her eyes gave the look of deception. She placed her hands on her hips and looked over the recruits.

"Welcome to Volcanis Island," Selena began, her voice loud and stern. "The twenty of you are the recruits for the Volcanis Team. It doesn't matter if you have heard of us or not, but what Team Volcanis does is try to keep the bond between Pokemon and human strong. We also challenge ourselves to stop the work of other teams such as Team Rocket, Team Galactic, Team Aqua, and other teams who use Pokemon for profit and evil." Signaling with her head to her Elites, she watched as they wheeled out a cart of backpacks. Each pack had a note tag with the recruit's name on it. "Take the backpack with your name on it, but do not open it." Selena told them. She watched as they walked over to the backpack and took it, and then went back to their place in the line.

"Inside these backpacks are things you will need for the next few hours or days. You will be on a mission to see if you are fit to go up against even the strongest Executives in the teams you will face on your journeys through the regions we send you to." Selena said, grabbing a Pokeball from her belt and clicking the button so it enlarges. "You also have a Pokeball in there. Your partner is in it." Selena lightly tossed the Pokeball and a white light shot from the ball. When the light disappeared, a yellow and white Pokemon stood there. It was Selena's Jolteon. "However, you won't know what Pokemon you have until you call it out. You may not switch with another recruit!" Selena said, the air hissing between her teeth. "This training mission is to help you understand that a bond between a Pokemon and its trainer must stay strong. If you lose that trust or believe your Pokemon isn't even worth it, then your Pokemon will think the same."

Turning around, Selena walked to a wall and pressed a button. A loud beep was heard through the room as the wall in front of Selena moved apart. It was a door to the back of the Team Volcanis faculty. Using her hand to signal the recruits to follow, she proceeded forward. Finally, she stopped in front of a long route which led through a thickened, woody forest. Selena faced the recruits and placed her hands on her hips. "Now, this is your mission: you must go through this winding forest, across a large grassland, and again through a forest to make it to "Semloh's Mountain". Then you must climb it. At the top will be a surprise for you all." Selena said. "Also, this forest and the mountain are home to some powerful Pokemon. I've also included five empty Pokeballs in your bag. Gather a team and work with your main partner. Build trust and friendship." Selena said, a smile spreading across her face. Selena walked to the door and placed her hand on the button, but did not push it. "Oh, and remember, I will be watching." She said, and then the door closed.

Last edited:

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Pikalover: That was sweet. You have recieved some exp, but not enough to level, but that just means if your next post is good it might be a big jump!

EDIT: Neiko Star: Congragulations, Renka captured a level 3 female Hoppip!

Royal: You're in, but in this RP, you will be getting your Heracross from Professor Leef, not your Grandfather. Also, make sure your posts are just a bit longer than your sample. You have good detail, so I'm not worried about that. So just look for that first chapter on page one and get started! :)

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    [OOC: Okay, switched this around a bit. Jess hears stories about Shiny Heracrosses from her grandfather and how they're special...]

Chapter One:

The death of my grandfather had hit my family hard – but it hit me the hardest. I was the closest to him. He had taken care of me when my parents were away and told me stories of when he was a Pokemon trainer and traveled with his trusty pal Rhydon. I remember seeing the Rock Pokemon's face turn up into a smile, two white fangs sticking out of his maw as he sat next to me and my grandfather. He would sit patiently there, nodding his head and acting out his attacks and other exaggerated moves that would make me laugh.

But he was gone now; there wasn't a chance in the world to bring him or his hilarious Rhydon back. I missed his loving kisses, his great stories of his adventures, the acting with his Rhydon, and of course the swimming on Rhydon's back (who knew a Rock Pokemon could swim?). But there was one thing I could bring back and that was his wish for me. He wanted me to become the best Pokemon trainer there was – he wanted me to train and battle in his memory. I could do that… right?

A tear slid down my cheek as I slowly walked down Shirk City to a white lab owned by Professor Leef. It was located on a side of a lake and I could see the hazy outline of a far gym. It was the eight gym in this region. If it was the right time for me to think about it, my heart would be pounding in my chest and I would be gitty. But I wasn't. I was thinking about my grandfather. If you just lost someone close to you and just left your parents to fulfill his wish, wouldn't you be the same way?

Opening the doors of the laboratory, I slowly walked up to the kindhearted Professor Leef. His brown beard looked like a grissly, brown Wurmple. He turned around from his table and I saw that some trainers have already came and received their first Pokemon. I was next.

I looked at Professor Leef and smiled politely. He had known my grandfather and had been to his funeral. I wondered if he missed him as much as I. "Ah, Jess," Professor Leef said a husky laughter in his voice. "It's high time that I see you! You are old enough to be a trainer, right?"

I nodded. "Yes Professor Leef, I am." I told him. "I'm fifteen."

"Then why have you not come to me before and received a Pokemon?" Professor Leef asked with a tilt of his head.

I looked away, my smile turning to a frown. "I… uh… my grandfather was going to help me catch my first Pokemon…"

Professor Leef lifted up his hands, palms facing me. "Say no more, Jess," he said. "I understand. I fully understand. Your grandfather was a great man. I could see him doing that for the young girl he loved so dearly." I just nodded. "But, here," Professor Leef quickly swiped a Pokeball from the table and put it into my hands. "Your grandfather told me this was one of your favorite Pokemon during his stories. I think you will like it, Jess. Train him well."

I nodded, looking at the Pokeball. I wondered what Pokemon it was… I loved most of the Pokemon my grandfather told me stories about. I loved the mention of the swift, agile, and muscular Heracross… the mention of the feathery, colorful Pidgeot… and even Giratina and the stories of the Reverse World.

I hadn't noticed as Professor Leef went to another table and grabbed a few other things. Then he walked back to me, holding in a try five small Pokeballs and a small device. "That's a Pokedex," he told me. "It records data about Pokemon you see and have. Your Pokemon's data is already in there."

I looked up at Professor Leef and smiled generously. "Thank you, professor." I said warmly.

Professor Leef smiled too and shrugged. "Don't mention it, Jess." He said.

As I walked toward the door, I took off the Pokeball of my Pokemon from my belt and looked at it. As I left the lab, I stopped.

"Hmmm, I wonder what you are," I said. Swiftly, I threw up the Pokeball. A white light exploded from the ball and landed on the ground in the shape of a Pokemon. When the light cleared, a pinkish Heracross stood in its place. It raised its claws up at the sky and shouted a pleased, "Hera!"

An awed smile spread across my face as the Heracross, my Heracross turned to me and too smiled. It dropped its claws to its sides. "Your… you're my… Pokemon," I finally choked out. Oh, how I loved him! His head was held tall and his gold eyes watched me curiously. His claws were sharp as well as his beetle-like horn.

Heracross nodded, smiling. "Hera," it agreed. I started to shake in my boots and a tear slid down my cheek. I did not deserve such a Pokemon! He was much better than me – stronger and possibly could handle such a slight issue like this.

"Cro?" Heracross asked concerned as he tilted his head to the side. Then I started to sob. "Cro!" Heracross shouted and ran at me, clinging to my waist and legs. "Cro, cro, cro!" he shouted shaking his head.

"I'm okay, Heracross," I assured him. "It's just… I've heard stories about Shiny Heracrosses – my grandfather told me stories about them; they were some of the greatest Pokemon in the world." I told him. "You don't deserve me as your trainer. You deserve a better, stronger trainer."

"Racr," Heracross whimpered. "Hera, hera, racr, cross!"

I looked down at him as he looked at me, his eyes glistening with tears. I guess he didn't want to leave me. I didn't want to leave him. "You don't want to leave me?" I asked. Heracross shook his head franticly.

A smile spread across my face and I wiped away the tears that once again formed in my eyes. "Well," I said clearing my throat. "Then let's head out."

"Hera!" Heracross agreed.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Royal: Great first post! Great first meeting... lots of tears. :) Right, so Jess has recieved a male shiny Heracross, level 5, a pokedex and five pokeballs! You may move on to Route 1!

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    Post 1 of 2

This didn't feel right at all. A stronger trainer should've gotten Heracross instead of me. I shouldn't have gotten him. He wasn't right for me – he could handle things better than I. I should've gotten an Oddish, maybe even a Weedle. Maybe I wasn't even strong enough for those Pokemon.

Heracross clung to my waist and pants as we approached Route 1. He seemed he didn't want to let go me – like I would disappear in a second if he let go. He was holding onto me so protectively.

Then, he let out an excited squeal and pointed a clawed finger in the direction of a Pokemon. It was small bud-like Pokemon that was almost a lime-green, but more yellow than green. It seemed to be wearing a blouse or something. It also looked like a nasty-tasting mushroom. I remembered this Pokemon from my grandfather's stories – it was a Shroomish. I opened the Pokedex Professor Leef gave to me and pointed it at the Shroomish.

Lenore Region

"Shroomish, the Mushroom Pokemon." The Pokedex began in a robotic voice. "It spouts poison spores from the top of its head. These spores cause pain all over if inhaled." I smiled and put away the Pokedex in my pocket. Heracross was shaking at my side with anxiousness. His sharp claws were already digging into my jeans, tearing them.

"Alright Heracross," I began, laughing. "Go out there before you go mad!" I joked.

Heracross launched off my pants with a happy "Hera!" but also ripping a small portion of my jeans off in the process. He stood in front of the Shroomish, posed and ready. His facial expression was serious and his gold eyes narrowed onto the Shroomish. At that time, the Shroomish had turned to look at Heracross curiously.

What attacks should I make Heracross use? I wasn't even sure what attacks Heracross had! Then, a noise came from my pocket - my Pokedex. Raising it up to face Heracross, the Pokedex began, "Heracross, Pokemon #214 has moves Tackle, Leer, Horn Attack, Endure." I smiled. That was handy!

Putting my Pokedex back into my pocket, I raised a finger and pointed it at Shroomish. "Alright Heracross, use Tackle!" I commanded.

"Heraaaaa!" Heracross shouted as he ran for the Shroomish. Colliding head on with the Pokemon, it seemed more like a Headbutt. However, the force sent the Shroomish rolling back, shouting a painful "Shroo," in the process.

I just watched as the Shroomish achingly got to its feet. "Horn Attack!" I called out. Heracross ran forward, lowering its horn and scooping up the Shroomish like a shovel. Then, he threw it backwards and it tumbled right up to me. I scooted back. I didn't need this Pokemon – I wanted to train Heracross and he seemed to love the fighting energy coursing through his veins.

"Use a Tackle!" I called to Heracross. But Heracross didn't move. He stood, shaking in his position – not from excitement, but from pain. A painful grimace was painted on his face and his claws clenched together.

"What happened?!" I shouted, shocked. The Pokedex in my pocket ringed again and began, "Effect Spore: The opponent has a chance of being induced with paralyzation, poisoning, or falling asleep when using an attack, that requires physical contact, against the Pokemon." Paralyzation?!

I just watched as the Shroomish got to its feet. It wasn't finished it.

It ran head on into Heracross, knocking my Pokemon twenty feet back. What a move! I haven't seen something so strong before!

Heracross landed on the ground, a painful "Cross!" exploding from his lips.

"Heracross!" I shouted, running up to my Pokemon. I pulled him up and we both looked at the Shroomish who was looking like this wasn't the end of the battle. I looked down at Heracross. "We have to leave Heracross, it's too strong."

"Cro," Heracross shook his head and struggled to get up on his feet. My mouth was dropped in awe as he did get to his feet. I just watched as he faced the Shroomish, anger in his eyes.

"O-okay," I choked. "Heracross, Tackle!"

"CROSS!" Heracross roared as he ran forward, and then finally collided into the Shroomish. I grimaced as I heard a loud crash. Heracross had knocked the Shroomish into a nearby tree.

"Shrooo!" It cried.

Heracross just stood there, panting from the fight. I got up and picked him up in my arms. To me, he wasn't heavy. I looked at him and smiled. "You were brave, Heracross, much braver than I was." I told him happily. Heracross smiled too.

"Come on," I began. "We've got to get your wounds cleaned and healed."

"Hera," Heracross agreed achingly.

I knew now that Heracross and I were destined to become partners – to fight alongside of each other. We were meant to live my grandfather's wish.

[OOC: Also, to make it clear, Jess does NOT want the Shroomish.]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back