• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lenore Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    I've been following this thread for a while now, and after the Route I info was posted, I figured it was too late to join. I know you're concerned about control, so I won't mind if I have to leave. But here's my sign-up just in case.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Royal: Good post! Heracross grew to level 7!
    Tristin the Xatu: That was a good sign up! You're in. Sorry, but I'll be gone all day, so when you get your first post up, you can do a post in the second chapter, but end there, so at least you can catch up. :)

All moves and levels will be updated later. Sorry, I'll be gone for today and perhaps tommorow.

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
    The two collided in the air sending them flying in opposite directions and the attack seemed to have its affects on both of them. Buzz's flying became partially stalled for a minute and Shroomish winced upon landing on the ground. Damian could finally get a good look at what he was fighting and he pointed his pokedex at it.
    Lenore Region

Shroomish- The Mushroom Pokemon

It spouts poison spores from the top of its head. These spores cause pain all over if inhaled.

"Don't let up Buzz, Tackle again!" Damian yelled to his airborne Pokemon. Buzz quickly received the order and slammed its whole body into the mushroom weakening it greatly. Shroomish looked like it was getting close to unconsciousness already, it must've been resting from a previous fight when Damian found it. Shroomish stared at buzz with great malice and then out of his body began flying small green orbs.

The orbs went from Buzz into the Shroomish and the more orbs were transferred the healthier the Shroomish looked. Its body began to stiffen up again and a mischievous grin begin to form on his face again. Conversely Buzz seemed to be experiencing the opposite, his body was growing weaker and he was slowing down. "Buzz, Tackle quickly!" Yelled Damian realizing what was happening. The small bug slammed into its opponent sending it flying back and curtailing the steady stream of green orbs.

The green mushroom looked frustrated, its face was filled with rage as it pulled itself back up into focus and Buzz seemed to be recovering and picked up speed buzzing back and forth. Shroomish launched itself at Buzz again attempting to knock him out of the sky but it was a failed attempt. It slammed head first into the stone behind Buzz and its head began spinning around dizzily. Its whole body slumped to the ground in exhaustion and it grunted angrily.

Damian took advantage of this opportunity and tossed one of his pokeballs at the dizzy Pokemon. The Pokemon was struck on the head with the crimson orb and a beam shot out hitting it and sucking it in. The ball wobbled back and forth and Buzz landed on Damian's ski cap while the two awaited the outcome.

(Sorry about the shortness I really had to go take care of something important... One of my family members are in the hospital, I promise to improve with my next post I just really want this Shroomish)​

Last edited:

The Scientist

Years
    Chapter I: Brains and Brawn Combine!

Neiteio woke up late, as usually did when there was no work to be done. He lazily looked over at the clock, which read 14:13. "I guess I'd better get going..."

The lack of noise in the house told him that his family was out. He stretched like a contented Glameow and made his way to the shower. After half an hour of trying to tame his horribly tangled hair, he picked up the small canvas backpack he had prepared the night prior. He then wrapped his toothbrush and comb and dropped them in the front pocket of his bag. He fixed up a bagel with roast beef in the kitchen for breakfast, a habit that stemmed from his belief that protein makes the best breakfast. Grabbing the pen from its holder on the fridge, he wrote a quick note on the grocery notepad:

"Mom, I've decided to go for a little vacation. I know it's short notice, but this is something I really need to do. I've left my cellphone here, but I'll contact you regularly. Take care of the place while I'm gone.

Your charming and handsome son"

He was relieved that he didn't have to give his explanation in person. He knew she would panic and say things like "I can't believe you're just throwing your education away," or, "I can't believe you'd do something so reckless!" One last visual sweep to make sure he wasn't forgetting anything... When he had convinced himself that he had everything he needed, he opened the door and began his walk. He couldn't help noticing that he felt... free. The prospect of the entire world being accessible to him was somewhat intimidating. He pondered these things as he walked, and within ten minutes, Neiteio had arrived at the local Pokemon laboratory. He had sent the resident professor, a man by the name of Leef, an e-mail the night prior detailing his reasons for wanting to become a Trainer. Hopefully it would suffice...

He pushed the button on the gate and waited for a response. After a few seconds, the radio flared and spoke:

"...Hello?"

"This guy sounds young", Neiteio thought. He hesitated, and then answered.

"Yeah, my name is... Neiteio Anderson, I sent you an e-mail last ni-"

"Oh! Yes, of course! Please, come in!" chirped the Professor, completely cutting Neiteio off.

The gate buzzed and Neiteio entered the compound. The building itself was small, but the yard was large, presumably so that the Professor's pokemon could play and exercise to their heart's content. Before he could even make it to the front step, the door was opened by an equally-scruffy man wearing khaki shorts and a large smile. "Well," he said with his unnerving smile, "are you ready to start your adventure?"

"Yo, this guy is weird," Neiteio thought, making sure his facial expression didn't betray his thoughts. However, he respectfully answered the question with, a casual, "Yes, of course."

The man, who still had not formally introduced himself, led Neiteio to a workstation that was well lit with large windows that offered a view of the fields. The man, who Neiteio had concluded was, in fact, Professor Leef, began rummaging through a file cabinet. "You're a bit older than most other beginner trainers," he said as he continued his search. "But as they say, better late than never!"

Neiteio chose to remain silent. The Professor soon turned around clutching a handful of small red things, which Neiteio recognized as PokeBalls. In his other hand, he was holding an unfamiliar device which looked like a PDA.

"Well, my boy, I've heard a lot about you. They say you're a pretty smart guy! Have you considered becoming a pokemon Professor?" Not waiting for an answer, he offered the PokeBalls to Neiteio. "As I'm sure you already know, these are PokeBalls. You can use them to capture wild Pokemon..." The Professor rattled on about various types of PokeBalls, Ball Modifier bonuses, status conditions, and other jargon, until he decided it was time to hand Neiteio the other item.

"This is a PokeDex. It contains data on all the pokemon that can be found in this region. The Pokedex entry is activated by scanning a pokemon with the built-in IR beam, which you can see here..."

Suddenly, the Professor took a deathly serious tone.

"Neiteio," he began, "it is of utmost importance that you treat your pokemon- your partners- with love and respect. I've unfortunately seen that the most intelligent people, not unlike yourself, often begin to neglect or misuse their pokemon. Now I'm not going to ask you to swear an oath, but remember that you are now responsible for more than one life."

He leaned back and took a deep breath before putting on that large grin he seemed to so love wearing. "Now, for the moment of truth... your first Pokemon! All of your options are of the Bug-type-" he quickly glanced at the clipboard that was hanging on the wall next to his massive computer monitor "-and it seems that your options are either Pinsir or Pineco." Professor Leef pulled up a description of the two pokemon on the large monitor, side-by-side for comparison.

Neiteio made his decision immediately. "I'll take the Pinsir."

"Ah, Pinsir!" exclaimed the Professor. "A wonderful choice!" He snatched a PokeBall from a small machine in the center of the room and handed it to Neiteio. "Now it's already pretty late, so you'd better get going! Good luck, call often, and..." his tone turned serious and somewhat sad "And ...don't forget what I warned you about."

The smile found his face again, and his parting words were "But most of all, have fun!"

Neiteio hadn't even made it to the outside gate before he sent out his new pokemon. "Come on out, Pinsir". The top half of the PokeBall opened, and with a flash of light, the massive beetle with the brutal-looking horns was standing before him.

"Whoa... you're pretty big," Neiteio thought aloud. Pinsir was one of those pokemon that always look angry, but Neiteio didn't mind. He knelt down in front of the giant stag beetle Pokemon and offered it his hand. "My name is Neiteio, and I'll be taking care of you from now on." Pinsir turned toward him, not seeming very interested in the prospect.

"Now for a name... You seem pretty tough. What do you think about 'Goliath'?"

The Pinsir seemed startled, but offered Neiteio his foreclaw in acceptance. The new team shook hands, and Neiteio could have sworn that Goliath smiled. It's hard to tell with the vertical mouth.

Last edited:

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Chapter Two: Part II

Lenore Region

Hoppip
    Lenore Region
    lvl.3

Curious Nature
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Moves: Splash - Synthesis - Confusion

"No wonder why a weedy ballon like this lives here. Stupid grass," Renka grumbled. And it's weak. It can use Splash, which is nearly useless; Synthesis, that only recovers the user depending on the stupid weather; and Confusion, the only good attack this pink blob has. And this thing's only level three! I'm going to have to train it some. That goes for Skorupi too, she added silently.

"All right, you two," Renka said. "I'm going to train you guys, so you're going to have to fight some wild Pokemon. Got it?"

Skorupi screeched and flexed its claws bravely. Hoppip cocked its head to one side and listened curiously.

"Let's go!" Renka started walked down the field. Then, remembering that it was covered in tall grass that came up to her knees, she cursed as a violent sneeze overtook her. Then another. And another. When the sneezing finally stopped, she plopped down onto the ground, cursing all forms of long, tickly green stuff.

She heard rustling behind her. Jumping to her feet, she scanned the grassy plains, searching for the source of the noise. Over there.

Two strange, blue weeds were pulling themselves out of the ground. They had no arms, but simply a small, round, dark blue head, with large, oval feet. Long blades of green grass grew on their head. They had tiny red dots for eyes. They chittered away, waddling eagerly towards a patch of taller grass, unaware that Renka had flipped on her Pokedex and was pointing it in their direction.

Lenore Region

Oddish #43 : Weed Pokemon
    Grass/Poison
    During the day, Oddish buries itself in soil and absorbs nutrients from the earth. The more fertile the soil, the glossier its leaves become. It roams actively at night, scattering its seeds. It is oftenly mistaken for a clump of weeds.

"It looks like all the Pokemon in this darn route are weeds," Renka growled. "Let's finish this quick. We have an advantage. Hoppip, use Confusion on those two weed-heads!"

Hoppip squealed happily. A blue aura surrounded it and its tiny yellow eyes glowed blue. The two Oddish screeched in surprise as a blue light enveloped their bodies and lifted them into the air.

"Time to crash," Renka said, grinning evilly.

The two Oddish collided with each other with a loud thud. As the light faded, they started dropping towards the ground.

"Not yet," Renka said, gritting her teeth. "I have to make this sure. Now, Skorupi, use Poison Sting!"

The scorpion Pokemon raised its tail. Poisonous particles shot out from its stinger. They flew into the Oddish, making them crash into the grass. They didn't move. Renka didn't expect them to, either. She punched the air.

"All right!" she grinned. "Good job, you tw--"

Guess what happened next?

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    Post 2 of 2

It wasn't long until I set Heracross down near a group of rocks and sat down. I grabbed my backpack and zipped up open, taking out my sleeping bag and a potion. Looking over to Heracross who was unhappy about his cut, Jess smiled. I was happy that Heracross was my Pokemon – I was happy we were partners – I was happy that we couldn't be separated.

"Heracross, come here," I said holding up the potion. He looked up at me quickly, and then got to his feet only to sit down in front of me. I set the potion on the ground and took one of his injured claws. A bruise was visible on his pinkish armor.

"Herrrr," Heracross whispered as I sprayed the potion on the bruise. He grimaced as well.

I looked at Heracross. "Does it hurt?" I asked. Heracross nodded. I looked down. "Good, that means it is working."

After cleaning Heracross's cut, I set up my sleeping bag. Heracross had gone off to find some firewood as I took some rocks and formed a circle. I was making a pit so the fire wouldn't spread. I also pulled out the grass around the rocks so the fire wouldn't get outside the pit.

Heracross arrived a bit later and piled the wood into the pit with his sharpened claws. On his claws was a sappy liquid. I raised an eyebrow as he licked it and purred. "Is that tree sap?" I laughed. Heracross stopped and looked at me innocently. He put his claw forward, offering me some sap. I just shook my head, laughing. Heracross sat down next me and continued to lick the sap off his claws.

"Hey you!" a voice shouted. I turned my head to see a trainer running up to my campsite, waving his hand above his head. A blackish dog-like Pokemon ran alongside of him. My Pokedex rang in my pocket.

Lenore Region

"Houndour, the Dark Pokemon. It is smart enough to hunt in packs. It uses a variety of cries to communicate with others."

He stopped at the campsite out of breath. His hair was a russet color and he wore a baggy T-shirt and jeans. "You don't mind if we settle here?" he asked, smiling.

I just shrugged and shook my head.

"Thanks," he said, sitting down on a large, smooth rock. He looked at the unlit fire pit. "You need help with that fire?"

I looked at him and nodded. "Yeah," I said.

The trainer looked at his Pokemon. "Houndour, use Ember." He said. The black Pokemon sucked in air, and then spat a bright red flame into the pit. The fire spread and danced like Butterfrees in the air.

"Thanks," I said.

"Don't mention it." The boy said smiling. "I'm Kem and this is my Houndour."

"I'm Jess," I said, then pointed to Heracross. "That's my Heracross."

Kem tilted his head to the side. "Aren't Heracrosses blue?" he asked.

I nodded. "They usually are, but this Heracross is a Shiny Pokemon."

Kem blinked. "A Shiny Pokemon? Wow, I never saw one before!" he said in awe.

I turned to Heracross. He was still licking his claws and he didn't seem to have noticed Kem and his Pokemon. "Heracross, this is Kem and his Houndour," I said. Heracross looked at me, then at the two others. He quickly got to his feet flexed his chest out to make himself look tough. He dropped his claws to his sides, sap dripping from them. How much sap did he take?

Kem laughed at my side. "That's a funny Heracross!" he commented. Houndour just barked what seemed to be a good reply.

"Thanks," I said.

"Hera," Heracross said happily. It was probably a 'thank you.'

"Hey, would you like to battle?" Kem asked with a tilt of his head.

"Uh," I began. What should I say? "Sure?"

"Excellent!" Kem said, jumping to his feet. "It'll be a great battle! Come on!"

Heracross and I followed as Kem walked away from the campsite. It was a grassy area, no Pokemon or trees around to block our way.

Then, he turned around and took a Pokeball from his belt. Throwing it, he yelled, "Icepick, come out!" A white light exploded from the ball and it formed a Pokemon. When the light cleared, a blue Pokemon in a shell appeared.

My Pokedex rang in my pocket.

Lenore Region

"Squirtle, the Tiny Turtle Pokemon. It shelters itself in its shell, and then strikes back with spouts of water at every opportunity." The Pokedex stated.

"Okay, Heracross, go!" I shouted, raising a finger.

"Cro!" Heracross shouted lunging into the battleground. He stretched out his claws and flexed them to make himself look menacing.

"Icepick, use Water Gun!" Kem commanded. The Squirtle sucked in air that spat out a large funnel of water.

"Dodge it!" I commanded. Heracross launched himself up into the air, dodging the water.

"Again!" Kem commanded. The Squirtle looked at Heracross, and then shot another funnel of water.

"Cro?!" Heracross shouted as the water shot toward him. I gasped as the water hit Heracross and sent him flying past me. He landed with a loud "Thud!" in the grass.

"Herrrrr," he said painfully. I just watched as Heracross achingly got to his feet. "Her," he said, crossing his claws and running up in front of me to face the Squirtle.

"Icepick, use Water Gun again!" Kem shouted. The Squirtle once again shot a funnel of water and Heracross ran forward at it.

"Heracross, what are you doing?" I shouted. Once the water came close, Heracross stopped and crossed his arms to form a shield. The water crashed into his claws, and then he swiped it away in a quick motion.

"Hera!" Heracross shouted.

"Alright!" I shouted happily. "Use Tackle!"

Heracross ran forward at the Squirtle.

"Bubble!" Kem commanded. The Squirtle sucked in, and then spat out large bubbles at Heracross. Heracross smacked them away with quick motions of his hands and hit Squirtle down to the ground with one of his claws.

"Sqiur!" the Squirtle shouted painfully as its chin hit the dirt ground.

Did Heracross know Fury Attack?

The Pokedex beeped in my pocket. "Heracross, Pokemon #214 has moves Tackle, Fury Attack, Horn Attack, Endure. The move Leer has been forgotten." Cool!

"Quick, pick it up with a Horn Attack!" I commanded. Heracross lowered its horn under Squirtle's stomach and picked it up off the ground.

"Tle?!" Squirtle shouted freaked.

"Throw it!" I shouted.

"Hherrrrraaaaaaaaa," Heracross began. "Crroooossssssssss!" he shouted as he threw the Squirtle right at its trainer.

"Wha?!" Kem shouted as his Squirtle hit him in the chest. He flew back and landed on his back. His Squirtle lay fainted on his chest.

"Hera!" Heracross shouted triumphantly, raising his claws up to the sky.

Kem recalled his Squirtle, the Pokemon vanishing into the ball with a reddish light. Kem got to his feet. "Your Heracross is strong." Kem commented. "But not strong enough for Houndour! Go!" Kem's Houndour ran out onto the battlefield, growling, ready for battle.

"Get ready, Heracross," I warned.

"Hera," my Pokemon said, nodding.

"Houndour, use Ember!" Kem commanded. His Houndour spat out a red flame at Heracross.

"Quickly, dodge it!" I shouted. Heracross jumped to the right just as the fire got to him. That fire was quick!

"Another Ember!" Ken shouted. Houndour spat another Ember at Heracross.

"Dodge!" I shouted, but Heracross was not strong enough; he was hit in the chest by the bright red flame.

"Heraaa!" Heracross shouted painfully as he tumbled backwards and onto his stomach. He was cringing in pain.

"Heracross!" I shouted, my voice cracked.

"Finish it off with Ember!" Kem shouted. His Houndour once again spat a bright red flame at Heracross.

"No!" I shouted. But what the ember hit was only ground. Where had Heracross gone?

"Heraaaaa!" Looking up, I noticed Heracross flying in the air, his bug wings flapping. Then, he dived down at Houndour. Once he got near, he started to swipe Houndour with his claws.

"Hou!" Houndour howled in pain as he was knocked backwards by five swipes of Heracross's claws.

"Houndour, get up!" Kem shouted.

Houndour was struggling to get to his feet as I shouted out Heracross's next command, "Tackle!" I said.

Heracross ran forward at Houndour and once more knocked him back. But Houndour wasn't done yet. He slowly got to his feet and growled at Heracross.

"Ember!" Kem shouted. Houndour once more spat a red flame at Heracross and it was moving fast!

It was then I remembered Heracross's other move. "Endure!" I shouted. Heracross used his claws as a shield once more and the fire hit him… and it did damage. However, Heracross remained standing.

"How can it still stand?!" Kem shouted, astounded.

"Because he used Endure!" I told him. "Finish this battle with Fury Attack, Heracross!"

"Hera!" Heracross shouted as he lunged at Houndour.

"Ember!" Kem shouted, but before Houndour could spat yet another flame, Heracross slashed Houndour five times with his claws. The force had knocked him back. This time, Houndour did not get up.

"Houndour..?" Kem whimpered, shocked. Then a few moments later, he sighed. He took out another Pokeball and raised it. Houndour turned into a bright red light and was sucked into the ball. Kem dropped his hand to his side. "I guess you won." He said.

I smiled and laughed. "Wow! I guess we did!" I shouted happily. I raced up to Heracross, picking him up and hugging him. "We won, we won, we won!"

"Hera," Heracross agreed happily.

I stopped twirling as Kem walked up to me. "You're a good trainer, Jess," he commented.

I nodded. "Thanks, you too."

"I would really love to see that Heracross in action again," Kem said. "How about another battle when we see each other again?"

I nodded. "Alright," I said.

"It's a deal then," Ken said a smile on his face. "I'll see you again." Then, Kem ran in the opposite direction, disappearing into the grassy haze.

I looked down at Heracross who was panting and seemed to be really hurt. "You were great, Heracross." I said. I quickly grabbed his Pokeball from my belt and enlarged it. I raised it up to him. "Take a rest, buddy." With that, Heracross turned into a red light and was sucked into his ball.

Getting to my feet, I collected my bag and put out the fire at the campsite, and then I walked to where I saw Kem disappear. I saw the hazy outline of a building and raced toward it. It must be a Pokemon Center and I was glad we were near one.

Our destinies were intertwined from the beginning, Heracross's and mine. It was hard to think about it, but I knew it was true. Did my grandfather know before that his granddaughter would become one of the best trainers in the Lenore Region? Who knew…

[OOC: I hope you don't mind, but here it says that Heracross learns Fury Attack at Lvl 7 and my Heracross is now Lvl 7 from the last post.]

The Scientist

Years
    Chapter II: Journey into the Unknown! Part 1

Neiteio woke up in the Trainer's corner of the Shirk City pokemon center. Surprisingly, it was early in the morning: the watch read 06:54. "Mom would be so proud of me," he mused to himself. He quietly exited the center, careful not to step on the other trainers who were sleeping on the floor in sleeping bags.

As he looked over at the red sunrise, he remembered the feeling of freedom that he had picked up on the previous day. This journey would be the ultimate test of survival skills and wit, and Neiteio felt ready to face anything that came his way. As he walked around, he realized that it had been years since he was even awake so early... "This whole place looks so different," he said quietly to himself. He made his way through the familiar, yet unfamiliar, streets, heading toward the town's only exit: Route 1.

He stopped at the town limits and decided that it was best if his new Pokemon walk with him. "Come on out, Goliath." His PokeBall automatically opened as flash of white light heralded the appearance of the massive insect.

"Pin!", he exlaimed.

"Umm... I don't really know what that means, but you seem pretty excited," Neiteio admitted. "You got enough sleep?"

"Pin!", Goliath repeated.

"I guess that's a yes." Neiteio pointed toward the grassy plains that marked the beginning of Route 1. "Alright, Goliath. This is the first part of our trip. We may get attacked by some wild Pokemon on the way, so keep an eye out for me, okay?"

"Pin!", Goliath affirmed.

Neiteio mentally facepalmed. "This conversation's going nowhere... What the hell is 'Pin' supposed to mean?". "Now, just to make sure we don't get ourselves in any bad situations, let's see what you're capable of." He whipped out his new Pokedex, pointed it at Goliath, and hit the SCAN button. A decidedly female digital voice began reading the Pokedex entry for Pinsir:

"Pinsir, the Stag Beetle Pokémon.

Lenore Region

Pinsir uses its large pincers to crush enemies. The pincers are covered with sharp spikes which serve to damage captured foes and to prevent escape. If it fails to crush its foe, it will throw them powerfully against the ground or into another object. It builds its strength and stamina by crushing boulders, and can lift more than twice its own weight. "​

As the digital woman read the information, Neiteio realized that his Goliath looked different than the Pinsir in the Pokedex entry. The colors were all wrong... but something like that was insignificant. In fact, he preferred his Goliath's blue-gray shell.

He pressed the SCAN button again. The machine processed for a moment, and then displayed Goliath's information on the screen.

Current Level: 5
    Ability: Hyper Cutter (prevents attack reduction)
    Moves: Vicegrip, Focus Energy, Bind

"Hmm... this thing is pretty useful," referring to the Pokedex. He placed it back in his front pocket, and advanced into the thick grass, Goliath by his side. "Try to stay quiet, Goliath," Neiteio instructed his partner. "We don't want to attract any unnecessary attention." True enough, they were able to progress for about an hour before being interrupted:

"Bell... sprout!"

Neiteio whirled around, quickly scanning his surroundings while Goliath flexed his horns.

"Goliath... I don't see anything. What about you?" Neiteio whispered.

Goliath's horns twitched once, and he immedtiately charged toward a small patch of flowers. With a flurry of dirt, a brown vine shot up out of the patch, whipping Goliath in the side. Goliath rolled over a few times in the grass, then steadied himself on all fours, horns forward: his instinctual attack position; Neiteio realized that the battle was unavoidable. The unknown assailant casually revealed itself: it was a silly-looking Pokemon that looked like a yellow tulip, which is why it blended in perfectly with the real flowers in the patch. Observing the enemy's vinelike body, Neiteio quickly advised Goliath, "listen, you're not going to be able to get a hold of that thing in your horns. It's too thin, and it'll just whip you again." This seemed to register, as Goliath stood up on his hind legs again, but his expression told Neiteio that it really wanted to beat the crap out of the little pest who had injured him. Neiteio took a moment to look around the area for anything they could use, and his eyes fell on a fairly young tree, the trunk of which was no thicker than himself.

"Alright, Goliath. Grab that tree to your 8 o'clock and pull it up!" Pinsir looked around confusedly while the Bellsprout danced around. "Behind you and to the left," Neiteio ordered. Goliath found the tree and uprooted it with what seemed to be no effort. The Bellsprout was still dancing around, paying no attention to the blue beetle and his newfound weapon.

"Alright, Goliath, you know what to do- send that little bastard flying!"

Goliath seemed all too pleased to fulfill his new Trainer's command. In one gargantuan swing, the Bellsprout was knocked with amazing force into the air... and into the trunk of a nearby tree. It immediately collapsed on the ground and didn't move.

"Bell~ Bell~" it muttered weakly.

Goliath dropped the sapling and let out a victory cheer: "Pin-pin, PIN... SIR!" He turned to his Trainer, who was laughing so hard that there were tears in his eyes.

"Heh... oh wow... good work, Goliath..." Goliath beamed with pride. When Neiteio had regained his composure, he said to Goliath, "I just need to teach you clock directions. It'll make giving orders in battle a lot more efficient... Oh, how's that injury?"

Goliath shook his head. Neiteio took that to mean that there was nothng to worry about.

"Good. I'm not carrying any medicine, so try not to get too banged up. You can't just charge at an opponent like that, either. That'll get you beat quick."

Goliath made a guttural sound that sounded a lot like a "Hmph".

"Seriously, man," Neiteio continued. "As angry as you may get, you can't just go berserk on an enemy. You've gotta stay focused and listen out for my instructions."

Neiteio checked his watch- 08:44, breakfast time. "What do Pinsir eat?" he wondered. He didn't even bother asking Goliath, as "Pin!" held no real meaning to him.

"Hey, Goliath, now's a good time to stop and find something to eat. Now the Pokedex didn't say what you like, so feel free to go off and find something, but don't wander too far. I'll call you when I need you, got it?" Goliath solemnly nodded, uttered a sharp "Pin!" and slowly walked off into the bush. Scavenging was a lot more difficult than Neiteio had anticipated. Besides walking into an Ariados web and barely avoiding a swarm of Beedrill (both of which he slyly scanned with his Pokedex), the only berries he could seem to find were bright-red Cheri Berries, which were absurdly spicy. By the time he found a shrub bearing sweet Pecha berries, it was almost 10:00. The berries were large, so he only needed to eat a few to restore his energy.

"Goliath!" he called. Within moments, a pair of familiar horns appeared in the distance. Neiteio had briefly envisioned Goliath being captured by another Trainer, and was greatly relieved when his partner showed up. "Ah, there you are. Did you find some food?" Goliath nodded. "Good. We've already wasted too much time, so we should keep going."

The two returned to the clearing where they fought the Bellsprout (which was still unconscious), got their bearings, and continued on through the plains.

Last edited:

Kay11190

The Drifter
    Years
    Chapter Two: Part One

"Ah such a nice day." Said the young pokemon trainer sitting back against a large rock. A small breeze blowing gently causing the tall grass and his maroon hair to sway. In the boys and was a pokeball, one that contained his first pokemon. Tossing the ball up into the air Sakai started to wonder which pokemon e had received. He never gave it much thought when in the room, but now it was really started to puzzle him. Deciding he better give his pokemon a look Sakai threw the ball into the air one last time. With a loud crack a red light protruded from the ball and took the shape of a furry purple bug with large sky blue eyes, two white antennas, and small tannish feet and hands. After surveying the pokemon for a few moments Sakai pulled out his pokedex and aimed it at the creature.

Lenore Region
    Venonat​
    Its coat of thin, stiff hair that covers its entire body is said to have evolved for protection. Its large eyes never fail to spot even miniscule prey.​

The small pokemon jumped up and down happily getting closer to Sakai with each hop. The trainer giggled at the bug. Outstretching his hands the trainer picked up Venonat and gave it a warm embrace.

"Alright buddy let's see. How about we give you a name that will be easy to remember. Ummm how about Vee?" asked Sakai holding the bug out so they could look face to face.

"Veno, Venonat" cried the pokemon its antennas bobbing up and down. Both happy with the name Sakai sat the pokemon down and climbed the rock behind him. He looked out to see if there were any pokemon he could battle. Taking one last glance of the landscape around him, Sakai found the perfect one to test his skills on. Without any thought Sakai leaped from the rock grabbed his backpack and ran, Venonat by his side. Within thirty seconds the two arrive at their target. It was a small blue creature with five rather large grass blades on it head. Taking out his pokedex once more the trainer pointed it at the pokemon.

Lenore Region

Oddish
    This Pokémon grows by absorbing moonlight. During the daytime, it buries itself in the ground, leaving only its leaves exposed to avoid detection by its enemies.

"Okay this should be an easy win. Vee use tackle!" commanded the trainer pointing at the target. Venonat obediently rushed in slamming itself against its foe. The Oddish tumbled backward slamming into a nearby tree. It stood up and stomped angrily. The leaves on the Oddish's head then pointed toward Venonat. Venonat slumped over as a small green bubble formed over its head and soared toward the tips of the blue pokemon's leaves. On contact with the bubble the scuffs on the Oddish began to fade.

"So you can heal yourself huh." Sakai said to himself trying to think of a way to end this battle shortly. The still upset began to aim its leaves once again at Venonat, hoping to further heal its wounds.

"Vee, use disable!" Commanded Sakai. Venonat raised its antennas toward the pokemon and let out a bright flash of light. The grass pokemon stopped it's attacked confused. It tried again several times but failed at each endeavor. Sakai chuckled a little at the sight of the pokemon's frustration.

"Okay let's end this. Barrage of tackles now!" Venonat took off ramming into the pokemon several times, each hit inflicting more damage than the last. The grass pokemon now struggling to stand attempted a final charge before collapsing on the ground.

"Yes our first victory!" exclaimed Sakai bending over to pet the fuzzy pokemon. "Hey what's that smell?" he asked inquisitively noticing that a very sweet aroma had suddenly appeared. He looked over at the Oddish and noticed a pink colored mist rising from its leaves. The grass around the pokemon began to rustle and from appeared yet another pokemon. This one a little different than the last. Its body was a brown root like stem, its arms were two small green leaves and its head a small yellow bulb.

"Let's see what the pokedex has to say about this one." Sakai aimed the pokedex and read the info on his new opponent.

Lenore Region

Bellsprout
    A BELLSPROUT's thin and flexible body lets it bend and sway to avoid any attack, however strong it may be. From its mouth, it leaks a fluid that melts even iron.

"Are you ready for another fight Vee?" The trainer asked looking down at his pokemon. The Venonat let out a small cry and bent over in an offensive position. "Alright let's make this another quick one."

End of Part One

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Chapter Two: Part III

Renka wrinkled her nose. She had decided against holding her breath as much as possible. That made her look stupid. So, she had no choice but to breath through her mouth while holding her nose with one hand. This gave her a comical, rubbery voice. And she hated it.

Don't know why they had to make the first route the grassiest one, there's nothing but green here! Stupid, stupid green!

She kicked a pebble. It flew into the air, landing on something hard with a thonk. Strangely enough, Renka thought she had heard a yell. Shrugging, she continued walking, thinking she must have imagined it.

"Hey, you!"

Renka whirled around. A boy was charging towards her, looking furious. He held a Pokeball in one hand.

When he finally caught up to her, he thrust his Pokeball to Renka's face violently. "I challenge you to a Pokemon battle, you red-haired squirt!" he said hotly.

A few seconds passed. Then, slowly, the boy's hand began to waver. "A...a g-girl?" he stammered.

Renka stifled the urge to slap him across the face. "Well, duh, of course not, I'm a twenty-foot tall brick wall!" she snapped sarcastically. "Of course I'm a girl, you idiot!"

The boy began to tremble. Then he started turning red, from the tip of his toes to his face. His hand, still clutching the Pokeball, plopped down by his side uselessly. He began to stammer. "G-Gah...I-I...well...you see...."

Renka growled. He jumped. "Normally, I'd put a few nice slaps onto your face," she hissed. "But as a matter of fact, and lucky for you, I just happen to be interested in this challenge of yours. But since I can't do that if you're a pile of brown mush, I'll let you slide this time, kid." She spat out the last word.

His face began to pale. "Uh...me? Battle...with a...girl?" He laughed nervously. "That's a joke...right?"

Renka had to use all the self-control she had to avoid hitting him. You can't fight if he's a pile of mush, you can't fight if he's a pile of mush, you can't fight if he's a pile of mush...

"No." She was looking positively on fire by now. "No joke. You--fight--me--right--here." She pointed her finger down at each word.

"Uh...okay," he said, eyes wide, as though trying to see the smoke that was no doubtly escaping from the girl's ears. He lifted his Pokeball and threw it nervously into the air. It popped open with the usual flash of red light. This time, however, the Pokemon that appeared was completely unknown.

Renka fumbled with her Pokedex.
    Lenore Region

Gulpin #316 : Stomach Pokemon
    Poison
    This Pokemon's stomach can digest even scrap iron. Most of Gulpin's body is made up of its stomach. As a result, it can easily swallow something that is as large as itself in one single gulp.

Renka stared. Then she swore. "Green again!" she yelled. "It's always green, green, green!"

The boy blinked. He was rather small: his arms and legs were skinny, and thick, brown curls dropped over his face. His wide, ocean blue eyes watched Renka with a shocked expression.

"Um...my name's Jimmy?" He smiled hopefully.

"Yeah, whatever," Renka growled. She flickered between Skorupi and Hoppip. This guy's a Poison-type. Hoppip could take of him fast with her Confusion, but if she gets hit, she's done for. So...Skorupi then.

She snatched Skorupi's Pokeball and tossed it into the air. In a flash of light, Skorupi had taken form on the grass. It flexed its claws, ready for battle.

"Let's finish this quickly, Skorupi," Renka commanded. "So use Poison Sting! Unavoidable version, full power, let's go!"

Poison particles shot out from all over the scorpion's body. They flew everywhere, hitting Gulpin, who was too slow, almost every time. The latter groaned, having cuts everywhere, but still all right, as Poison Sting was not quite affective against it.

"Now, before it recovers!" Renka ordered. "Poison Sting again!"

Skorupi repeated the attack. Once again, the stings hit their target nearly every time. Jimmy watched in horror as his Pokemon was covered in cuts and slashes.

"Now, use Bite," Renka continued mercilessly.

Skorupi charged. It sank its sharp fangs into Gulpin's belly. The stomach Pokemon let out a small screech of pain, then fell right to the ground, knocked out.

"Well, that was easy," Renka said, smirking. "Look's like it's 'First hits first wins' here."

Jimmy ran over to his Pokemon and groaned as it saw its state. "Come back," he whimpered. He held his Pokeball over the Pokemon's head. It was absorbed into it. Then he walked over to Renka.

"Um...you fought really well today," he said uncertainly.

"You didn't," Renka said bluntly.

"Oh...um...your Skorupi's really srong," Jimmy said.

"Your Gulpin isn't," Renka said dully.

Jimmy looked down. "S-Sorry...I'm not very experienced..."

Renka shrugged. "Me neither, that was my first trainer battle."

Jimmy gaped. "Your first? Gee...wow..."

Renka couldn't hold it off any longer. "Jimmy, just how old are you?"

He blushed. "Uh...well...I'm eight..."

Renka sighed. It's no wonder...

"Oh, um...so where are you going now?" Jimmy asked.

"To the end of this darn route, wherever that is," Renka replied, grimacing.

Jimmy suddenly looked very serious. "You shouldn't. If I were you, I would rest first. There's a Pokemon Center near here. You should stay there for a bit."

Renka thought it over. Finally, she accepted. "Fine. I guess you're right. (She was twitching while she said this.) So where is this Pokemon Center?"

"Over there." Jimmy pointed. Renka followed his finger to a rather small, wooden cabin that seemingly popped out of nowhere. She shook her head.

"All right. I'm going then. Don't try to follow me."

And, pushing the wooden doors open, she stepped inside the Pokemon Center.

Kay11190

The Drifter
    Years
    Chapter 2: Part 2 The never ending battle

"Vee use tackle attack!" Commanded Sakai, now in his second wild pokemon battle of the day. The big eyes pokemon charged toward the bell flower pokemon at full speed. To Sakai amazement the pokemon didn't budge an inch. As Venonat leapt into the air the bellsprout bent backward evading the attack completely.

"Wow that must be what the pokedex was talking about. Venonat try it again but double it. Venonat nodded and took off yet again. The bellsprout tilted its head to the right seemingly entranced at the purple creature. Again as Venonat tried to execute its attack the bellsprout tilted backward and evaded. In the air above it Venonat soared rebounding the instant it hit the ground continuing its assault.

"Yes! Good hit!" cheered Sakai as the bellsprout soared from the powerful blow. "Good job Vee keep it up with a few more tackles.

"Venonat!" cried the pokemon as it barreled toward its opponent a third time. Bellsprout brushed itself off from its last blow and took a new more aggressive stance. It was hunched over making a half heart arch with its root like body. The opening of its bell was aimed at Venonat and its leaves tilted slightly back.

"BELLSPROUT!" roared the grass pokemon shooting two larges vines from under its leaves. Taken aback by the sudden attack Venonat broke its charge in an attempt to evade the vines. However, by the time Venonat came to a halt the vines had already wrapped around its body, squeezing it tightly. Bending its back backward the bellsprout launched the Venonat several feet in the air. The Venonat hit the ground with a monstrous thud. The Bellsprout stood looking rather proud of itself, as Venonat struggled to stand. Back on its feet Venonat peered at its enemy, who at this moment was taunting it by bending over and shaking its nonexistent butt.

"Vee, charge at half speed now!" commanded the frustrated Sakai. His pokemon jogging toward arrogant bellsprout. The bellsprout thinking it had the upper hand took it's vine whip stance and fired two long green vines at the bug type. Once Venonat was in its grasp the flower pokemon jumped up and down further taunting its opponents.

"Gotcha now, you cocky jerk." Said Sakai a small grin crossing his face. "VEE NOW, USE DIABLE!" The blue eyed pokemon then lowered it antenna and flashed a bright white light. Following that attack the grip of the vines loosened enough for Venonat to move. "Now finish it with full powered tackle. Venonat lowered its body taking the stance of a track runner before the gun. Pushing off with its right foot Vee took off like a jet in the direction of the small flower. Ramming its chest into the grass pokemon Venonat and Bellsprout tumbled into a tree flattening the bell flower, and knocking it out.

"Great job Vee!" exclaimed Sakai cheerfully, hugging the bug type tightly. "now let's get out of... Oh no not again." Whispered the maroon haired trainer at the unmistakable sound of rustling grass, out of which this time five pokemon appeared. One was an Oddish, the weed type pokemon. Another two were bellsprouts, and two pokemon that he wasn't familiar with. One of them was a plump pimp pokemon with two leaves patruding from its head. The last pokemon was a small cactus like pokemon with a small golden crown on its head. Sakai took out his pokedex and analyzed the new foes.

Lenore Region

Hoppip
    This Pokemon drifts and floats with the wind. If it senses the approach of strong winds, a HOPPIP links leaves with others to prepare against being blown away.

Lenore Region

Cacnea
    CACNEA live in deserts with virtually no rainfall. It battles by swinging its thick, spiked arms. Once a year, a yellow flower blooms.

The five pokemon each turned to Sakai who now smelt f the sweet mist from the fallen Oddish. Entrapping the trainer and his furry companion the wild pokemon formed a circle around them.
    "This doesn't look like it's going to end well." Sakai muttered under his breath knowing the outcome of this latest encounter.

"Hey watch out." Sakai turned his head toward the direction of the feminine voice in time to notice a giant whiling fireball headed his way. The trainer ducked down shielding his purple pal with his body. The impact of the fireball knocked three of the pokemon off of their feet and sent them hurling in the air, each of them passing out on contact with the ground. The other two were left burned from the stray flames.

"Looks like those bellsprout are tougher than I thought." Said the female trainer from the back of her large dog pokemon. "Looked like you could use a hand, five on one doesn't seem like a fair fight." The trainer hopped of her pokemon her long blue hair floating down into place by her waist. The girl was moderate in height ad was rather slim. She wore a white jump suit with a pair of sky blue running shoes to complement her hair. "Here use this potion on your Venonat before those two bellsprout get back to their senses." The female trainer tossed two purple sprays bottles.

"Thank you so much." Sakai replied humbly. Packing one of the sprays in his bag, the boy used the other spraying the container contents over his Venonat's wounds. Venonat cooed happily feeling relieved of the once harsh pain.

"By the way my name is Sally and this is my Arcanine Cindy. I was watching your battle with bellsprout with my binoculars, you should really learn to use foresight it will help with detecting your enemy's next move. Well, as far as evasive maneuvers go anyway."

"Thanks for the advice. My name is Sakai, this is my Venonat Vee." Venonat hopped up happily. "Looks like the bellsprouts are pretty angry." Sakai said a tinge of nervousness in his voice. The two charred pokemon stood each with an expression of hatred on their face.
    "Just remember what I said about foresight." Called the trainer throwing a pokeball into the air. The pokeball let out a crack and release a small bi headed pokemon. It was light blue in color but Sakai had never seen it before.

Lenore Region

Gible
    It nests in small, horizontal holes in cave walls. It pounces to catch prey that stray too close.

Lenore Region

Arcanine
    This fleet-footed Pokemon is said to run over 6,200 miles in a single day and night. The fire that blazes wildly within its body is its source of power.

"Gible use dragon rage" The small lad shark pokemon took a deep breath then exhaled a blue flame that engulfed one of the bell flower pokemon. When the flames subsided the small grass pokemon was left unconscious on the small patch of burnt grass. "Good job Gible!" Now to catch that Cacnea. The girl took a black pokeball with yellow stripes, an ultra ball and chucked it at the cactus. In seconds she had captured a new pokemon.

"Okay let's give this new strategy a try. Use foresight Vee, then follow it up with a tackle attack!" the insect pokemon's eyes began o glow a light yellow before it began its charge. The bellsprout took an evasive stance and began to lean back to dodge the oncoming attack. Venonat quickly veered to the left and came in for a tackle to the bell pokemon's side. The hit sent the grass pokemon rolling backward. "Let's see if we can catch this thing." Sakai then reached for one of his pokeballs and threw it at the unconscious bell flower pokemon. The red beam bellsprout and forced it into the ball.

The Scientist

Years
    Chapter II: Journey into the Unknown! Part 2

Neiteio and Goliath followed the small creek upstream until they reached a small hill and set of rapids. "We need water," Neiteio explained to his Pokemon, "and the further upstream you go, the fresher the water is." Neiteio clambered onto a flat rock by the water's edge and dipped his canteen into a fast-moving section of water. When it was full, he pulled a small case out of his backpack, pulled out a small tablet, and dropped it into the canteen. "Water purification tablet. Just in case."

The travelers decided to take a break by the water, as they had been walking since sunrise, and it was already past noon. Neiteio took off his boots and socks, and sat cross-legged on the broad rock, facing the water. This section of the river was shallow enough to walk across, only as high as Neiteio's knees, but the water was moving so quickly that attempting to do so would probably get him dragged downstream. He decided that now would be a good time to teach Goliath some battle techniques.

"Goliath, come here," he commanded. The beetle obeyed without hesitation; after the battle with the Bellsprout, he seemed to trust Neiteio more. "Alright, I think I'll teach you those clock directions I mentioned earlier." He took off his watch and showed it to Goliath. "If I say '12 o'clock', that means 'right in front of you'. 6 o'clock is right behind you, and 3 o'clock is to your right." He pointed to the numbers on the dial as he named them, and Goliath seemed to understand what he was saying. "Good. See the arrows on my watch? Think of them as the direction you have to face. So if I say '9 o'clock', which way do you face?" Goliath hesitated for a moment, and then sharply turned to his left with a "Pin!". Neiteio spent a few minutes calling out clock numbers while Goliath turned in the appropriate direction. When he was satisfied with Goliath's response time, he decided it was time for a different type of training. The fast-moving water reminded him of an old martial arts exercise...

"Alright... Now to bulk up your endurance. All that strength won't do you any good if you can't take a few hits... Follow me."

Neiteio left his backpack on the rock, took off his shirt, and walked into a slightly deeper part of the river. When he reached the middle, he immediately turned to face the water and assumed the Horse stance, bracing himself against the oncoming torrent. Goliath looked at his Trainer in the water and slowly waded in to near Neiteio was standing. When he turned to face forward, however, the force of the water caught him off guard and he was knocked off his feet, floating downstream a bit before regaining his footing. Neiteio made no attempt to help him.

"Fight the water, come back up here," was his trainer's only advice.

Goliath slowly advanced, learning to lean his body into the water to distribute the force. With intense effort, he finally made it back to where he had started. Like a pair of meditating kung-fu masters, they did their exercise in complete silence with their eyes closed, feeling the subtle changes in the water flow and moving their bodies accordingly.

Although he didn't have the words to express it, Goliath was impressed with his Trainer. Back at the Pokemon Lab, Professor Leef never took part in any of the Pinsir exercises... Goliath had always envsioned the Pokemon-Trainer relationship as a simple command-obey relationship. But Neiteio didn't seem to ask anything of his Pokemon that he wasn't capable of doing himself.

"3 o'clock," Neiteio suddenly called out. It took a moment to register, but Goliath remembered the watch dial and turned to the right. The water was different, and the sudden change in the direction of force almost knocked him downstream again. However, he quickly compensated for the change and remained rooted in the riverbed.

They turned about in the river for hours, until Neiteio felt the air beginning to cool. "That's enough for today, Goliath. Head back over to the shore." Goliath's mouth was partially sumberged, so he couldn't respond verbally with his cry of "Pin!"; he emerged from the river in silence. When he was on land again, he was surprised at how easy to was to move. He felt stronger. He liked this exercise.

Neiteio sat on the rock again and checked his watch- 16:02. Goliath joined him, eager for for more training. Neiteio understood his excitement and responded, "Just wait. When people are lost in the woods, they follow rivers upstream. If we wait here, we'll probably run into a Trainer..." The prospect of a Pokemon battle made Goliath's horns twitch with delight. The Bellsprout from earlier was way too easy, and he wanted a real challenge.

Almost immediately, voice from behind them spoke up: "That was some pretty intense exercise. You a Trainer?"

Neiteio restrained himself from reacting abruptly, which would imply fear. "What'd I tell you Goliath?" he whispered.

Neiteio casually rose and turned to face his interrogator. "Why yes, I am. Who wants to know?"

The voice belonged to a young boy with short black hair, wearing a red cap, a flame-patterned jacket, and black jeans. "Oh don't mind me," he responded. "I was just on my way to the Pokemon Center and I saw you two in the water. I've never seen training like that before... What's it good for?"

Neiteio already disliked this kid. "You ask a lot of questions for someone I don't even know the name of."

"Oh! My name's Shane! What's yours?"

"Neiteio-" Goliath's excited chittering cut him off. Neiteio glanced down at him, and then back at Shane. "By any chance, do you have any Pokemon on you? My Pinsir's really in the mood for a battle."

Shane laughed. "Yeah, but I'm warning you, I'm not weak!"

Last edited:

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Summer: Don't worry, I understand when there's an emergency, and you did some good detail in that rush. I also know you'll make chapters longer in the futures, so no warning or anything. :) Congrats, Damian has captured a level 3 Shroomish (male).

Tristin the Xatu: Haha, you got Leef head on. An airhead before he warns you against abuse. Neiteio recevied a pokedex, five pokeballs and a level 5 Pinsir!

Congrats! Pinsir (Goliath) grew to level 6! Neiteio also found 1 Pecha Berry and 1 Cherry Berry!

Trsitin, I said you could do one post in route 1 after getting your pokemon, not two. I need to grade your post before you may even move on. However, Goliath gained so exp from that little training. Not enough to level up, but its there.

Neiko Star: Er, for your first post, you really don't need to leave off like that. While this is similiar to pokemon fanfiction, it doesn't really help so much if I can't grade it with levelling or capture. Its up to you, of course, but just making sure you know because I really can't 'guess' what happens next. Again, its up to you. :) As a side note, you must wait for me to update your post before you post another.

Skorupi grew to level 6 and then level 7 for both posts! Hoppip grew to level 4!

Royal: Good battle! Heracross grew to level 9! And I understand, Heracross knows Fury Swipes. Sorry! I had been too busy to properly update.

Kay11190: Congrats! Venonat (Vee) grew to level 6! Also, for you as well, you must WAIT until I have graded a post before making a new one. For your second post, I'm sorry, but Bellsprout was not captured. As the pokeball shook frantically for a moment, it stopped, before bursting open and allowing Bellsprout to escape. Also, you may not battle two pokemon in the same post if you wish to capture the other, unless its a double battle. You can't fight one then walk away and fight another. However, as its your first time, I'll still give some exp since you'll need it. Vee grew to level 7!

All of you must wait for me to grade your posts before making another one! There may be some days that I am gone, but that still does not mean you move along! How can you keep going if you don't know your level, moves or if you captured a pokemon!? Please be patient, but it seems all of you are at fault for this. Just next time, please wait. Thank you.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Pokemon Emergency!
    (2 posts)​

Alright, this is for those who have gotten to the log cabin pokemon center. If you haven't gotten there, its alright, just catch up.​

So, right after you heal your pokemon, there is a scream outside! Oh no! What's happening? As you rush out, you see in horror the green path completely lit on fire! Nurse Joy barks at you and the trainers to help put it out, however, the cause of the fire appears, and you must stop it while the others put out the fire!​

Migrating pokemon are passing through! Stop one!
    Lenore Region

Name: Slugma
    Ability: Flame Body
    Levels: 7-10
    Attack: Yawn, Smog, Ember​

Alright, when you have defeated the passing Slugma, or capture it, you must now fight the angry boss! But take note, you may not capture the boss.
    Lenore Region

Name: Slugma
    Ability: Flame Body
    Level: 11
    Attacks: Yawn, Smog, Ember, Rock Throw, Smokescreen​

When you have defeated the boss, angry clouds will go over as you watch the pokemon leave in peace, knowing they have caused damage. As your pokemon is given back, fully healed from Nurse Joy, walk towards the next town as rain begins to pour, knowing that life will begin again.​

Last edited:

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Chapter Three: Part I

"Welcome," Nurse Joy greeted Renka roughly. "Need to heal your Pokemon?"

"Yeah." Renka took her two Pokeballs and gave them to Nurse Joy. The latter grunted something about 'impolite children' and dismissed Renka with a wave of her hand.

Renka flapped down onto the cushions provided for guests. Finally! I can still smell it a bit from here, but at least there's no grass! She leaned over, taking a magazine from the small bookshelf. She flipped over a few pages without much interest.

"Hi!"

Renka looked up. Jimmy was standing over her, clutching two Pokeballs in his hands. He offered them to Renka.

"Here. They're your Pokemon," he explained. "Nurse Joy told me to give them to you."

"And I suppose you don't know why she couldn't have just called me over," Renka growled.

Jimmy flinched. "N-Not really. But hey, I just remembered! I don't know your name yet!"

Just as Renka opened her mouth to answer, a shriek pierced through the air. Everyone in the Pokemon Center started whispering and murmuring. A few dashed outside, looking for the source of the scream.

"It's Renka," Renka said hastily. She rushed out the door, following the others. What she saw sent goosebumps down her neck.

The green field was flaming with fire. Curling red flames engulfed the grass, torching all in its path. Wisps of smoke rose into the air, dancing in the sky.

"What're you people doing?" Nurse Joy barked, running after them. "You're trainers, aren't you? Then get moving! Work together! Put out the fire! Come on, stop dawdling and get to work!"

Renka thought fast. Both my Pokemon are vulnerable to flames. If I let them out, they would be roasted. But then again, Hoppip could use Confusion to lift rocks and sand to cover the fire. She took out Hoppip's Pokeball. She opened it gently. There was no way she would toss it into the air like before. Not with all this fire around.

The ball clicked open. In a flash, the small, pink Pokemon was drifting in the air, trying its best not to touch the hot tongues of fire that were lashing out at it. Renka opened her mouth to issue a command. However, like before, she was interrupted by Jimmy's yell.

"Renka, behind you!"

Renka jumped sideways. Behind her had stood a large, red slug. Its flesh seemed to be made of fire, as it bubbled like lava. Her Pokedex reacted immediately.

Lenore Region

Slugma #218 : Lava Pokemon
    Fire
    Its body is made of magma. If it stops moving, its body will cool and harden.

"Darn it," Renka muttered. "Looks like this isn't going to be easy. All right, Hoppip, use Confusion!"

Hoppip glowed blue. It raised a large nearby rock into the air and crashed it into Slugma. The latter screeched in pain as splinters of rock entered its body. It tried to shake them off, but the pieces remained firmly lodged into its magma-like flesh.

"Good one," Renka congratulated her Pokemon.

But Slugma wasn't done yet. It opened its mouth and shot out a small flame.

An Ember attack. "Quick, Hoppip, dodge it!" Renka yelled.

Hoppip managed to evade the attack just in time. It threw itself sideways, dodging most of the fire, but it was still slightly grazed. Hoppip whimpered.

"Don't give up yet!" Renka gritted her teeth. "Use Confusi--"

But Slugma had already fired another Ember. This time, Hoppip, unprepared, took the hit. It cried out as the fire burned its body.

Renka bit her lip. If it continued like this, Hoppip wouldn't last much longer. "Hoppip, use Synthesis!"

Hoppip obeyed. It began absorbing the nearby energy. The heat provided by the fire helped. Renka watched in relief as Hoppip's cuts and burns began healing. Soon, it was as good as new.

"Now, fast! Use Confusion!" Renka roared.

This time, Hoppip reacted quickly. It lifted Slugma extremely high into the air, then sent it flying. The slug Pokemon landed several feet away, having created a small crater when it had collided with the ground. It was over.

Renka sighed. That was close. However, just when she was about to return Hoppip to her Pokeball, a silver glint shot out in the corner of her eye and went to tackle Hoppip with full force.

OOC: Renka is getting interrupted a lot in this chapter, isn't she?

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
    As the ball fell still Damian made a fist and pulled down his elbow yelling "Oh yeah!" He was amazed at how just because he was away from home he was acting so abnormal. he coughed and pulled down his ski cap a bit as Buzz fetched the newly filled pokeball and dropped it into his palm. "Thanks Buzz," Damian said, "let's get going." Damian turned and stared out at the plain of flowing flowers and was surprised to see a young blond man with a guitar blocking his view.
    Lenore Region

"Hey man, that was a battle of epic proportions! I think I'm going to write a rock ballad about it!" said the Boy in a Australian accent as he checked the tuning of his electric guitar."You can call me Stagen by the way." he said strumming his guitar. "Oh Yeah!" He said as he began strumming together a melody of disturbing noises that only gave Damian a headache. Buzz tried flapping its wings louder to block out the malicious sounds bombarding his ears and Damian trying to ignore it all together said, "Yeah you can call me Damian.... I've got to going now but it was really nice meeting you."

"Wait wait," He said, "Tell me what you think of my music first! It's fantastic right? I don't know where I get it from." Damian stared at him dumbfounded, how could he not know he was terrible! "Well... To be honest Stagen... You could improve quite a lot, right now your music sounds like three Meowths tied by their tongues trying to run in opposite directions..." Damian told the boy the honest truth but Stagen obviously couldn't take criticism. "What? Are you challenging my ability as a musician? Well, if I can't earn your respect through my beautiful music maybe I can earn it through a battle!" Damian sighed and rubbed his hand against his forehead.

"I thought you said you witnessed the battle I just had, can't you tell both my Pokemon are weak?" Damian said trying to avoid the conflict, he really needed to get moving. "Don't sweat it, I always carry spare potions with me." Stagen said tossing Damian two potions. Damian sighed again, "Fine, here we go then," He tossed out his newly captured Shroomish and sprayed it with the potion along with Buzz. "Alright Buzz, Shroom, we need to be ready for this battle, are you two prepared?" They both nodded confidently and turned to face their enemies. Beside Stagen stood two pink Pokemon. Both of which Damian pointed his pokedex at.
    Lenore Region

Jigglypuff
    When it wavers its big, round eyes, it begins singing a lullaby that makes everyone drowsy.
    Lenore Region

Whimsur
    Usually, its cries are like quiet murmurs. If frightened, it shrieks at the same volume as a jet plane.

"Double battle alriiiiiiiggghhhtttt!" Stagen sang and his two Pokemon joined along. "Okay now you two, use your astonish-pound combo!" Then nodded and darted off in different direction. Whimsur stopped dead short of Buzz and instead of hitting him as expected he just blew air in his face and Buzz shot back in recoil. While he was distracted the Jigglypuff jumped up behind him and smashed down on his head with its fist. "Great job you two, keep up the good work!"

Damian knew this trainer must've had a lot more fighting experience than he is. He quickly remembered one of the books he had read last year stating that the best way to win a double battle is playing off both Pokemons strengths and using those to keep the other from revealing their weaknesses. "Buzz! Pick up Shroom and throw him at Whimsur now!" Buzz quickly obeyed and with some force tossed the small mushroom Pokemon at the Whimsur. As expected Whimsur easily sidestepped the drop but he hadn't truly avoided the attack, Shroom had ended up right behind the Whimsur and just as it turned its head to see the green mushroom behind him Damian yelled aloud, "Now tackle and absorb combo!"

Shroom pounced forward and started absorbing small green orbs from Whimsur and right next to them Buzz was slamming into Jigglypuff. "Quickly JigglyPuff, use your sing attack, knock them out with your beautiful melody!" Jigglypuffs mouth opened wide preparing to lull Buzz and Shroom off to sleep but Damian was faster. "Shroom throw yourself into Jigglypuffs mouth now!" The mushroom obediently jumped into the mouth of the now inhaling Jigglypuff causing it to choke uncontrollably. It spat out Shroom but continued on choking on air until it hit the ground its eyes swirling. "What happened? All he did was jump into her mouth!"

Damian laughed,"Shroomish's bodies are covered in small infectious sores that can cause status problems, once Shroom was in your Jigglypuffs mouth she was finished, she was poisoned from the spores!" Frustrated Stagen returned his Jigglypuff to its ball and in his Australian accent said," Whimsur lets go, Uproar!" His Whimsur let out a hellish scream that seemed to rival only his master terrible music. The noise was strong enough to shatter eardrums at close range but for some reason Stagen seemed to be enjoying it.

Buzz fell to the ground and Shroom started shaking it head trying to get rid of the loud noise. "Quickly now, Shroom use absorb again!" The small mushroom struggled to use the attack but after a quick instant was able to begin absorbing health from Whimsur. The more damage Shroom took the more he was able to absorb and considering Whimsur couldn't stop its assault the battle was essentially over. Whimsur fell and both of Damians Pokemon were still standing with pride in their smiles.

"Whatever, you'll never understand what true art is!" Stagen yelled as he walked away dragging his amp behind him. " Least that's over with!" Damian said to Buzz as soon as he was sure he was out of earshot from the young musician. "He was terrible!"

The Scientist

Years
    Journey into the Unknown! Part 3

Shane played with a PokeBall, spinning it on a finger while Neiteio put his shirt and boots back on.

When Neiteio was done, Shane wasted no time in getting the battle started. "Come on out, Staravia!" he announced as he flung the PokeBall against the ground. Immediately, a small, angry-looking bird was standing on the ground in front of him. Neiteio scanned it with his Pokedex before he gave Goliath his first order:

"Staravia, the Starling Pokemon

Lenore Region

Starvia have large wings that allow them to take flight for a long period of time.
    Staravia tend to live in large flocks with other Staravia or with other bird Pokémon, such as Starly and Swellow. They spend a large amount of time each day preening their feathers, searching for food, or spending time with others of the colony."

Shane made the first move. "Alright, Staravia. Lets start this off with a Wing Attack!"

Neiteio vaguely knew that bird-type Pokemon were quick and offensive, and that their ability to fly would put Goliath at a disadvantage; he would have to exercise extreme caution in this match if he was to keep his Pokemon conscious. Staravia made two quick hops and went airborne, flying straight at Goliath with wings spread wide.

"Alright, Goliath, use Vice Grip!"

Goliath tried to snatch the Staravia out of the air as it passed, but the clash of the two attacks knocked both Pokemon in different directions, neither seeming to take much damage. Despite his youth, Neiteio could tell Shane was a competent trainer, and on finding that his Wing Attack was so easily parried, he would probably take a different approach. Something bothered him about the fact that such an immature kid was his equal- or superior- when it came to Pokemon battles.

The Staravia lingered over the river, waiting for its trainer's next command.

"This is no ordinary bug, Staravia, but he can't hit what he can't see! Hit 'em with a Quick Attack!"

Neiteio waited until the bird began it's acceleration before he said, "Goliath, hold an attack position, 1 o'clock!" With its belly so close to the ground, the Staravia would have to dive uncomfortably low to hit...

As soon as Goliath took his attack position, Shane saw that his Staravia was heading into danger and tried to call off the attack, but the Staravia was moving so fast that it couldn't stop or pull up in time, and ran right into Goliath's waiting pincers.

Things were going exactly as Neiteio had planned. "Good, now remember the river... Don't let it push you back, and use Bind!" Goliath leaned forward to keep from being knocked backward by the momentum, and clamped down on the foe, squeezing it with those massive spiked horns. Its wings bound and feet off the ground, Staravia was completely helpless.

Shane stared in horror as his Staravia cried out in pain, but wasn't ready to give up. "Come on, Staravia, do a barrel roll!" Staravia began thrash around, trying to loosen the Pinsir's grip, but to no avail. The thorns served their purpose well. A faint crunch was heard as Goliath tigtened his grip on the helpless Pokemon, which triggered more cries of "Star...avia! Star! Star!"

Shane was frozen in shock, and Neiteio felt that Goliath would probably kill the bird if he didn't intervene, so he sighed and said, "drop it, Goliath." The stag beetle roughly tossed the bird on the ground, and Shane immediately returned it to the safety of its PokeBall.

Shane's face was red with either anger or embarrassment, and when he finally made up his mind which it was, he shouted at Neiteio, "You don't have to be such a dick, y'know!" before storming off into the grass.

Neiteio was feeling pretty smug at this point. "Heh... that's all it takes? Pokemon battles are pretty easy." He turned to share his feeling with Goliath, who he noticed was breathing heavily. "I guess those impacts really took their toll on you... Plus you've been walking and training all day... We should head over to the Pokemon Center that kid mentioned and have you taken care of." He pulled the first PokeBall off the magnetic strip on his belt and recalled his Pinsir. "We'll travel faster if I carry you," he explained to the ball in his hand.

After placing the PokeBall back on his belt, he made one last visual sweep just to make sure he wasn't missing anything important... Nope.

He checked his watch before he started walking- 14:38. He decided to follow the path left by Shane, and before long saw what appeared to be a large wooden building in the distance. 5 minutes' walk, at most. Remembering the Bellsprout that caught him off guard earlier, Neiteio decided that it would be best to run.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The automatic doors opened, and an out-of-breath and overheated Neiteio walked into the air-conditioned Pokemon Center, who immediately praised mankind for its wonderous technology. Shane was nowhere to be found, which was a good thing. The last thing anyone wants in a hospital is a fight. A woman with a ridiculous hairstyle and plastic-doll face greeted him as he approached the counter.

"Hello, and welcome to the Route 1 Pokemon Center! My name is Nurse Joy! Would you like for us to heal your Pokemon?!"

Ignoring her inappropriate enthusiasm for injured Pokemon, Neiteio handed her Goliath's PokeBall and replied with, "Just this one."

Nurse Joy smiled and said "Very well then! Just wait in the waiting room to the right, and we'll call you when your Pokemon ready!" She turned and handed the PokeBall to a large pink egg-shaped Pokemon behind the counter, which happily waddled into the Triage unit chanting "Chansey, Chansey!" every few steps.

"These people are way too happy to be working in a hospital."

He chose a red armchair under the TV, and pulled out his PokeDex. Although he hadn't activated all the data in it, it still contained a lot of information on Pokemon types, resistances and attacks. He had a lot of studying to do, and the thought that he would start with Pinsir and its weaknesses...

Last edited:

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Neiko Star: Congragulations, Hoppip grew to level 5. For future battles, if you want to gain more levels, make the battle longer and much more detailed. Using Confusion and simply throwing a pokemon is not much detail. I'm looking forward to more. :)

Summer: Great detail! but when a new person talks, be sure to skip to a new line, that way it isn't so clumped together. Anyway, congrats! Shroomish grew to level 5 and learned Tackle and Yanma grew to level 7 and learned Quick Attack!

Tristin the Xatu: Great battle! Congrats, Pinsir grew to level 8 and learned Seismic Toss!

Last edited:

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
    (Kay I'll be sure to do that from now on! Thank you for the advice!)

Damian continued walking down towards the log building in the distance but no matter how much he walked he felt like it never got any closer. More and more he began to loath the vibrant landscape all around him. He continued on trying not to focus on the ground but more on the Pokemon at his side. Buzz seemed filled with energy and even though he had only battle less than an hour ago he was still excitedly zooming around Damian in a methodical manner. Damian really started getting frustrated at the time this was taking him. "How much farther is this damn Pokemon Center!?" he yelled to the sky.

"Not much more than a ten minute walk from here..." Came an answer from behind him. Damian turned to see a younger girl with brown hair and a school uniform staring at him.
    Lenore Region

She blushed when he turned around and stared at her. "Hi," She said "My names Kim.." She said looking off in a nonchalant sort of way trying to play of her appearance as something made up of pure coincidence.

"You can call me Damian and this is Buzz.... Is there any particular reason you were following me?" He said bluntly getting straight to the point staring at her..

"Well... You see I'm a trainer but... I've never battled before and I noticed that Yanma that was following you around... I have these three Pokemon but they really need some fighting experience and I was hoping you would battle me..." She said putting on a young an innocent face as if that would coax Damian into wanting to fight her more.

"Well... You know I'm trying to get to that Pokemon Center over there and I really don't have time for this, you're a nice girl and all but I need to get going, I've already been distracted twice." Her lip began to quiver and her eyes started watering, she looked down towards the ground.

"S-s-so you aren't going to b-b-battle m-me?" She said holding back tears the best she could and stuttering through her mumbled speech.

"Well no.. Not now at least.." Damian said and she broke out in tears huffing and puffing as small droplets rolled down her cheeks and nourished the flowers below. "N-no... Don't cry...Stop." He said not sure how to react.

"B-but I r-really w-wanna battle! WAAHHH!" she wailed alowed blubbering like a baby. Buzz meanwhile had landed on Damians head and was making clicking noises angrily. Damian sighed.

"If you really want to battle... I guess I could handle one more distraction.. But please try to make it quick.." Damian said reluctantly and the little girls face went from utter despair to jubilee and pure happiness.

"Thank you so much Damian! Your the best you really are! Go, Nidoran!" She threw her pokeball out and after it struck the ground out came a small blue Pokemon and Damian pointed his pokedex at it.
    Lenore Region

Nidoran♀
    While it does not prefer to fight, even one drop of the poison it secretes from its barbs can be fatal.

Damian remembered reading in a book once that sometimes the best way to fight fire is with fire, so why not status effects with status affects. "Go Shroom! Use your tackle!" His small green mushroom Pokemon pounced from the ball and slammed into the Nidoran's side sending it quickly tumbling backwards.

"Oh no! Nidoran... You use tackle attack too!" She commanded her pokemon. The small blue rabbit like creature stood up and pounced.... It completely missed its target.. "Aw Nidoran you have to try harder than that!"

"Another tackle attack Shroom!" Damian yelled once more. The small mushroom jumped forward attempting to full body tackle the Poison Pin Pokemon but her master was quick to command.

"Quickly use your double kick!" She yelled. Nidoran turned and slammed both back feet into Shroom completely knocking him backwards up into the air. He landed with a thump and frustratedly huffed around. "Great job Nidoran! Now use Growl!" Her pokemmon nodded and let lose an annoying cry the seemed to hae lowered Shroom's fighting spirit.

"Shroom, let's recover a bit with absorb!" Damian yelled and his green mushroom pokemon began absorbing green orbs from Nidoran healing itself while its opponant was completely helpless to the assault.

"Nidoran tackle!" She yelled and her small pokemon started charging at Shroom but he was too far away and her assault turned into a half limping skip as she fell to the ground defeated and unconcious.

"Darn!" She cried returning her Nidoran. "Thank goodness I still have my other pokemon! Go Pidgey, use your gust attack!" she threw a second crimson ball out and it released a tiny brown bird. Damian took aim at the bird with his pokedex.
    Lenore Region

Pidgey
    It is docile and prefers to avoid conflict. If disturbed, however, it can ferociously strike back.

The Pidgey flapped its wings rapidly sending a large gust of wind towards Shroom knocking him far across the plain into a tree. Shroom didnt come back up so Damian assumed he must've been knocked out from the attack. "Shroom return, it's your turn Buzz!" He said nodding to the dragonfly who was flying next to his head. Buzz took off and flew into the battle field ready for battle.

"Don't lt him attack first Pidgey, use tackle!" The small bird began flying at Buzz with a tackle but Damian already had a plan set in motion.

"Quick attack go!" Damian yelled and his Yanma darted away from the tackle attack then straight down into pidgeys back knocking it to the ground. As Pidgey began picking itself up Damian yelled, "Now use tackle!" and Buzz darted at Pidgey missing barely. Pidgey was now airborne and ready to fight again.

"Pidgey, use sand attack!" The small bird began flapping its wings at the ground and all the loose soil was kicked up into Buzz's face causing a smoke screen of sorts. "Now Pidgey you use your tackle again!"

The small bird flew into the cloud of dirt and dust but before he could make contact Buzz veered upward and out of the attack. "Finish it with a final quick attack!" Damian yelled and his pokemon dissapeared back into the dirt cloud. There was a small squak from inside and Buzz flew out covered in dirt. When the cloud settled Pidgey was out cold.

"Oh Pidgums! Return now! Time for my secret weapon, go Budew!" She tossed her ball and out came a small Bud that quickly hid in the flowers making it virtually invisible. Damian pulled out his trusty pokedex.
    Lenore Region

Budew

Over the winter, it closes its bud and endures the cold. In spring, the bud opens and releases pollen.

"Now use your absorb attack!" She yelled and the oh so familiar attack struck Buzz sapping away his health.

"Buzz, use your foresight atack and find Budew!" Buzz's eyes turned red and began scanning the ground below. To Buzz he could now differentiate every single blade of grass and every twig and after only a second he had found the tiny bud pokemon. "Now tackle! Damian yelled. The strike that Budew took broke the green balls that were being transferred out of Buzz's body.

"Aw, so much for stealth. Use your growth attack!" The tiny bud pokemon grew and gre until he was at least two feet taller than he had been before. It smiled and started jumping up and down in excitement. "Now try bullet seed we learned from that TM!" Budew started shooting glowing seeds towards Buzz in the actually striking him and knocking him to a flowerbed below.

"Buzz! Use quick attack!" Damian yelled, there wasn't much more he could do for strategy at this point. Buzz flew around the bullet seed attack leaving a white trail and the flew between Budew legs and hit it from behind with a quick attack. Budew tripped forward and began to cry.

"Be gentle with Budew he's still a baby!" She said but it was a little to late for that Damian had the advantage and he wanted to win quite badly.

"Buzz keep hitting with with quick attacks!" The air lite up with white streaks as Buzz relentlessly slammed into the baby Budew. After a short while Budew shrunk back down to its normal size and fainted.

"Aw! Budew return..." She sighed and then perked up a bit. "Thank you so much for the training session Damian, you and your pokemon are very strong! Take this, it's a gift from me!" She handed him a lunch wrapped in a gray handkercheif. "Leep it as a good luck charm!" she winked and then blew him a kiss.

She skipped off into the flowers humming happily and all Damian could thing to himself was how many freaks am I going to meet? He opened up the lunch fand found some rice balls and several berries. He put the berries in safe keeping for his pokemon and finished off the sandwich on his way to the Pokemon Center.

Just before Damian stepped through the doors of the PokemonCenter he pulled out a notebook and wrote; If it's the journey that's important and not the destination, why do I care so much it takes me forever to get where im going?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back