• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Leon's DPE + CFRU Base and Ultimate Rom Base

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
  • Just an update:

The 807 version isn't happening. Far too much would have to go into it to make it coherent, and it was never an idea I actually liked or supported to begin with.
    That being said, the new version will be released shortly

Last edited:

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
    Years
  • Version 1.3 has just been dropped!

Here is what is included in this updated version:
    Spoiler:

Subzero Eclipse

Because I say so.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2023
    Question: I am going to use your base and for now I'm working with free space starting from A00000 as recommended. I am using some removal patches and I might use a few asm routines that use space before 720000, so I'm wondering: in case of a future update will the patch overwrite the edits before 720000? And I will have to re-use the removal patches again? Thanks in advance

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
    Years
  • Question: I am going to use your base and for now I'm working with free space starting from A00000 as recommended. I am using some removal patches and I might use a few asm routines that use space before 720000, so I'm wondering: in case of a future update will the patch overwrite the edits before 720000? And I will have to re-use the removal patches again? Thanks in advance

In the event of a future update, it will only affect space in the 700000-7FFFFF range. This is unlikely though, as unless something groundbreaking to the point where I have to have it in there is created within the community, the base is as it stands for good.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2023
    Hey there, I followed the instructions on using the B2W2 music patch, but I'm running into some problems. Once I patch the rom with the .ups file, the rom becomes broken and just results in a blank, white screen. I've used the Squeetz undo patch and expanded the rom to 32mb and even tried manually patching it too, but nothing seems to work. Anything I'm doing wrong?

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2024
    I just want to say thank you so much for updating the Rom Base! Overworld Manager works perfectly and I have not experienced any problems! Excellent work!

Years
  • Any chance there are tutorials out for how to use this firered base? I can't figure out what to do or how to start.
    If there's a tutorial could you point me in the right direction plz?

Years
  • Any chance there are tutorials out for how to use this firered base? I can't figure out what to do or how to start.
    If there's a tutorial could you point me in the right direction plz?

Download a tool called lunar ips (google it)
    Download a rom called fire red squirrels (google it)

Use lunar ips to apply the file you download in this post to the fire red rom.

You now have a fire red rom that has all of the features listed in the post. By default you can just play through the original Fire Red game with extra features, or you can use this as a base to start your own rom hack.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2021
    The game freezes when I use "Roost"
    If I use it to regain HP, the game freezes, any possible flix?
    It exactly freezes when it says (for example) "Spearow regained health!".

Last edited:

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
    Years
  • I have noticed a few inconsistencies within the files I released, and I currently plan on fixing them entirely. Nothing new feature-wise will be added in the future (minus bug fixes if anyone finds them on a consistent basis). However I do consider adding Sagiri's Hall of Fame Fix for expanded roms.

However, I will create a "user guide" of sorts for those who wish to maximize this rom base's potential but have questions about certain tool compatibility. I cannot say for certain when it will be released, but it will provide in depth details and constant screenshots.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2021
    I'm getting a weird issue where some code is getting added at offset 0x456734 through 0x456873 (possibly by PGE??) and corrupting some menu backgrounds? Any idea what could be causing this? All I've done is expand Pokemon using the instructions included. I'm hesitant to just delete the code and replace it FF's because I don't know what it is or why it's there.

EDIT: Actually I'm not sure it's the code that that offset causing these menu corruptions, because they're still there after I deleted the code :/

Last edited:

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
    Years
  • I'm getting a weird issue where some code is getting added at offset 0x456734 through 0x456873 (possibly by PGE??) and corrupting some menu backgrounds? Any idea what could be causing this? All I've done is expand Pokemon using the instructions included. I'm hesitant to just delete the code and replace it FF's because I don't know what it is or why it's there.

EDIT: Actually I'm not sure it's the code that that offset causing these menu corruptions, because they're still there after I deleted the code :/

I myself ran into this issue the other day. Unfortunately, its PGE doing PGE things again. I had no choice but to restart my own project.

HiHelloThere

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2020
    Hey there, I followed the instructions on using the B2W2 music patch, but I'm running into some problems. Once I patch the rom with the .ups file, the rom becomes broken and just results in a blank, white screen. I've used the Squeetz undo patch and expanded the rom to 32mb and even tried manually patching it too, but nothing seems to work. Anything I'm doing wrong?

I'm having the same issue myself, actually. Well actually it depends on how I do it.
    I'm using a Squirrels ROM, and apply DexNav, then Base. I apply Squeetz Undo patch. I shouldn't need to expand the ROM, because the DexNav patch does that already. If I try to use the UPS file included with the base for either HG/SS or B/W music, Tsukuyomi tells me I'm using an invalid input file. If I go back to the original threads, use the IPS files and load the game just boots to a white screen. If I do the hex editing that the original threads ask me to do, then the game just straight up crashes.

EDIT: There is an issue between the music patches and the DexNav patches I'm thinking. I think the patches are trying to write to the same space. I decided to go fresh, and do Base patch, Squeetz Undo Patch, and then I did the B/W 2017 v1.2.3 patch gotten from the original thread and the game worked just fine. Closed it, applied the DexNav patch and the game goes back to a white screen. Luckily DexNav is open source, so if you know what you're doing I assume you can rebuild it with your own offsets (something I am unfamiliar with).

EDIT 2: I was able to do the same thing with the B2/W2 patch, but I used the manual version from the thread and not the one included with the Base download. Start fresh, use the Squeetz Undo patch, expand the ROM, then apply the manual v1.4.1b patch, do the hex editing (the .bit is not included with 1.4.1, and needs to be gotten from 1.2.3) and the game works.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2024
    I was able to get DexNav to work, but it ends up making PGE not open the Pokemon Editor.

Also, i've been getting a National Dex freeze whenever i open it. I've tried looking around, and googling, but can't find anything of the issue. and the one thread i found, had the same question, but a resolvement was not posted.

So if anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated. Same for the DexNav (though thats a less important thing now)

Fencer

:3
    Years
  • Thank you for making this, I really appreciate the hard work you put on this.

Just asking...
    Will you provide the guide to fix bugs (such as Roost freeze) for the progressing hacks on the next release?

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2024
    Okay so I noticed, I can add all the Pokemon ini perfectly fine up to Melmetal. After that, the National Dex corrupts or freezes.

I tested this by starting fresh, adding each Gen one folder at a time. then, tested Alolan after Melmetal (after checking the national dex ingame to verify it opened after each folder import), and Once I started just 1 pokemon after melmetal, National Dex froze.
    Very weird bug. Used PGE to import. Also used it Expand Pokes. Also have done another test using G3HS to expand, and GPE to import. Same issues.

I've also tested by just importing a lonely Turtwig ini file after Melmetal, same issue. Really weird.

I dont mind rebooting my whole build if I can get National Dex working properly (i just dont want it to be locking up when i casually play and forget, or my friends). I just need to understand WHY its happening. Ive seen hacks that have way past Melmetal and National Dex working. Can't understand the issue I'm experiencing with next to no documentation on it. and the only thing close to it is outdated by almost 6 years.

Last edited:

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
    Years
  • Okay so I noticed, I can add all the Pokemon ini perfectly fine up to Melmetal. After that, the National Dex corrupts or freezes.

I tested this by starting fresh, adding each Gen one folder at a time. then, tested Alolan after Melmetal (after checking the national dex ingame to verify it opened after each folder import), and Once I started just 1 pokemon after melmetal, National Dex froze.
    Very weird bug. Used PGE to import. Also used it Expand Pokes. Also have done another test using G3HS to expand, and GPE to import. Same issues.

I've also tested by just importing a lonely Turtwig ini file after Melmetal, same issue. Really weird.

I dont mind rebooting my whole build if I can get National Dex working properly (i just dont want it to be locking up when i casually play and forget, or my friends). I just need to understand WHY its happening. Ive seen hacks that have way past Melmetal and National Dex working. Can't understand the issue I'm experiencing with next to no documentation on it. and the only thing close to it is outdated by almost 6 years.

I'm sorry about that, I myself can't replicate the same issue with my files. But, as a consolation I'm actually working on an 807+ patch at the moment which also contains 960 dex slots, all alolan and alternate forms as well.

Thank you for making this, I really appreciate the hard work you put on this.

Just asking...
    Will you provide the guide to fix bugs (such as Roost freeze) for the progressing hacks on the next release?

I have not been able to replicate the Roost freeze, but I'll try to do some research on it.

is this compatible with JPAN's hacked engine?

It is not.

Back