• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

let's go to the beach ????????

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    let's go to the beach 😎🏊

Janus's Diary
    Chapter 0: Ready.

I will make this pretty later (update: I've made it pretty!) but public announcement that I'm ready to take on Alola!

let's go to the beach ????????

#first

Last edited:

Charlie Brown

Years
    Janus's Diary
    Chapter I: Settling in.

A new adventure has finally started! Janus and his mum moved into their new house in Alola. After exploring the new house and meeting Professor Kukui, I headed to the nearby town (Iki? Can't remember) to meet the Kahuna - however he was nowhere to be seen!

Kukui sent me to look for him, but instead I stumbled upon a sweet girl called Lillie and her mysterious 'Nebbie'. A bunch of Spearow attacked Nebbie and I protected it - Nebbie unleashed a strong attack that broke the bridge I was on, but thankfully Tapo Koko appeared and saved me.

I then met Hala, who gave me my first Pokémon - Fahren the Litten. I then met Hala's grandson, Hau, who challenged me to a battle. He used a Rowlet, but Fahren was too strong, sweeping through.

After showing my mum Fahren, I called it a day.

The next day was Festival Day! Kukui came to pick me up and showed me how to catch Pokémon, then gave me some PokéBalls and said he'd meet me in the town. On the way I battled a few trainers and added more Pokémon to my team: Flick the Pikipek, Dolan the Yungoos, and Starra the Ledyba.

When I made it to the town, everyone was festive and in good spirits. The traditional battle took place between myself and Hau, a battle to honour and please the island guardian, Tapu Koko. Hau had added a Pichu to his team, but my combination of Fahren and Flick were too strong for him.

After the battle we talked for a bit before Kukui dropped me home and I called it a night.

Overall really loving the feel of the game - the controls, the camera, the music and the graphics are so great. Loving Alola! <3

Current Team.
    Fahren (Litten), Lv 8
    Flick (Pikipek), Lv 6
    Dolan (Yungoos), Lv 3
    Starra (Ledyba), Lv 3

Charlie Brown

Years
    Janus's Diary
    Chapter II: Time to get schooled.

Someone knocked on my door this morning. My mum joked that it was Kukui and he would just let himself in as he always does (seriously, that guy has no manners) but I went to check all the same. Turns out it was Lillie!

She had been sent by Kukui to bring me to his lab, so we headed south to his lab. I battled a couple trainers along the way, and made it to his lab.

Unlike other labs, this one actually looked like one should imo - huge and spacious with lots of Pokémon inside. Kukui told me about the RotomDex and pulled out a Rotom, which jumped into my Dex. It's cute and all, will take some getting used to I guess. Hopefully it doesn't get too hand-holdy.

Hau also came in and commented on how cool my Dex is (poor guy didn't get one from Kukui though). Kukui told me about the Island Trial challenge and gave me an amulet, encouraging me to go on the challenge myself. I went back home to ask my mum and she was more than happy for me to leave. On the way back home I caught Joey the Alolan Rattata.

I then made it to the nearby city (can't remember its name) and Lillie showed me to the Pokémon Center. Nurse Joy commented that I was out late (oh yeah 12 hour time difference... 1am in-game oops) but healed my Pokémon all the same. Lillie then took me to the Trainer School on Kukui's advice, where the Teacher set me a challenge of battling and defeating four trainers.

The students were surprisingly energetic for the late hour, and weren't too difficult to defeat. The Teacher was amazed and challenged me to a battle herself, and I knocked her over as well. Trial Captain Ilmia appeared and commented that I was quite tough, and encouraged me to catch more Pokémon and take her Trial. (During the battles, Flick learnt Rock Smash, which was quite unexpected for a Flying-type!)

Everyone at the school wished me luck, and Lillie (clingy as always) decided to show me around the city. However blocking the road was a Tauros, with Hau and Hala trying to bring it back home. Hala told me to pat it but I decided that was enough for now and had a nap.

Current Team.
    Fahren (Litten), Lv 10
    Flick (Pikipek), Lv 9
    Dolan (Yungoos), Lv 7
    Starra (Ledyba), Lv 8
    Joey (Alolan Rattata), Lv 8

Years
    Rock Smash didn't really take me surprise because I'd cheated and checked some of the learnsets already. What did surprise me was when Brick Break was also learnable. I'm starting to really like this bird.

That doesn't count as a spoiler right?

Charlie Brown

Years
    Will u get a Raichu for ur team

Haha I want to BUT it looks like Hau is going to get one too so idk, I want to be different :S

Rock Smash didn't really take me surprise because I'd cheated and checked some of the learnsets already. What did surprise me was when Brick Break was also learnable. I'm starting to really like this bird.

That doesn't count as a spoiler right?

... wow thanks for spoiling that smh

Charlie Brown

Years
    Janus's Diary
    Chapter III: Ilima is a guy.

It's been a busy day!

Continued to explore the big city (which I still can't spell...) and eventually battled Team Skull. I loved the scene between Team Skull, Ilima and myself - Ilima being stone cold and ignoring Team Skull was great. Taking them down was easy enough, and I then took on Ilima. Ilima's Yungoos was easy to take down, but Smeargle was a challenge with its Water Gun tearing through my team. I was finally able to beat it and defeat Ilima though.

Before heading to Route 2, I realised that I had forgotten to catch a Grubbin so I went back and found one. I then found out I can catch Pichu in the big city so spent a good while searching for one before I finally found it. So Acca the Grubbin (bonus points if you can work out the basis for this nickname) and Sparky the Pichu (gee I wonder what inspired that name!) joined my team, and I put Dolan the Yungoos and Starra the Ledyba in the PC (probably for the rest of eternity tbh).

I then went through Route 2, catching and boxing Leonardo the Smeargle. I cleared the cemetery, also boxing Pop the Drifloon, and saved the berry man and his many Delibird (how do they survive in hot Alola?!) from Team Skull. Finally, I made it to the outskirts of Ilima's cavern, but decided to do a bit of training nearby and to my surprise a Crawbrawler jumped out of some berries. Catching it, I added (uhhhh I can't remember its nickname) the Crabrawler to my team, and spent a while hunting for Frizz the Cutiefly which also joined my team. o/

I was finally ready to take on Ilima's Trial. First surprise: finding out Ilima was a guy. Not sure why but I assumed they were a girl. My bad. After getting over that initial surprise, I easily cleared my way through his trial with a bunch of Brick Breaks from Crabrawler, getting the Normalium Z or whatever it's called.

Just as I was leaving, I battled another wild Rattata on the way out and Flick evolved into a Trumbeak.

Kukui then showed me how to use Z-Moves and I decided to call it a day.

Current Team.
    Frizz (Cutiefly), Lv 11
    (Uhhhhh.....) (Crabrawler), Lv 12
    Acca (Grubbin), Lv 12
    Sparky (Pichu), Lv 12
    Flick (Trumbeak), Lv 14
    Fahren (Litten), Lv 15

Charlie Brown

Years
    Janus's Diary
    Chapter IV: Timeskip.

Just a short public announcement that after 7 months of playing Moon on and off, a couple days ago I finally became the Champion of the Alola Region!

I think this is actually the quickest I've beaten a Pokemon game since BW lol. Overall I enjoyed it - the plot has been pretty interesting so far (I've heard there's more Ultra Beast stuff in the post-game which I'm keen for) and the characters have been cool. Especially enjoyed the moments with Hau, who is 100% my favourite character. I also feel a spiritual connection to Mina and her love for art/wondering around nature/just giving away Z-Crystals willy nilly.

Realising the Lillie, Gladion and Lusamine are actually related was really cool. I wrote a Daily article about it (and theorising connections between Lillie and the UBs) when things were first announced, so I just thought it was nice to see that at least part of my article was true. Still have many questions about Aether (who was Faba? why was Colress in Alola? Did everyone in Aether know what was happening?) that I'm hoping will be answered during the post-game. Lusamine was a tough opponent in the UB World, mainly because defeating Clefable was the biggest struggle, but I got there in the end.

The Elite Four weren't too difficult to knock out. I was surprised that Hapu wasn't there - even though she was a new Kahuna, I was sure that she would be on the E4 because she was such a prominent character in the plot. To have three characters that you've interacted before and then to have Kahili or whatever her name is as the last E4 member was really strange.

Battling Kukui was great though. He wasn't too difficult but I enjoyed the battle.

Will miss Lillie, but looking forward to the post-game (which I should hopefully complete by the time USUM comes out lol).

Current Team.
    Balmoral (Palossand), Lv 52
    Lullaby (Shiinotic), Lv 52
    Pikaboo (Mimikyu), Lv 53
    Maxwell (Bewear), Lv 53
    Sparky (Alolan Raichu), Lv 55
    Fahren (Incineroar), Lv 54

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, your final team is very similar to mine! The only differences are Bewear and Mimikyu, I had Toxapex and Kommo-o on my final team.

Back