• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Let's talk about PokeSav

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    View attachment 48114

PokeSav has been the subject of a lot of controversy since it was invented, but I haven't seen many people actively discussing it. If it comes up the flame war is usually overwhemingly on the side of the non-savvers. I set up this thread for an honest debate about hacking in general and PokeSav in particular. Here's my opinion:

First of all I am talking about hacking "legit" Pokemon that have legit stats and movepools, if you really want to make stuff like WonderTomb and Fire/Dragon levitating Charizard for putzing around with friends(real-life frinds), that's fine but keep it away from wi-fi.

Anyway, I have a life. Not much of a life, but it is there. And I really don't want to waste large portions of that life training Pokemon. I want to be able to enjoy the exitement and fun of competitive battling without breeding a milion and one Gastly's just to get one of them with a Hasty nature, a good special attack IV, and HP-Fire(true story),and I certainly don't want to do the same soft-resetting for Legendaries(unless it's for shinies:D). It gets monotonus typing in all of the details for an individual Pokemon sure, but not near as monotonus as riding back and forth on my back wating for the egg to hatch only to store it in my box and never look at it again due to it having everything I need exept for the fact that it has HP-Ice. I also want to be able to use Stealth Rock on other Pokemon besides my badly EV-Trained level 21 Aerodactyl without going through the game again. PokeSav is CONVIENT, and that's why people use it.I understand that a lot of people are proud at haivng put all that effort into raising a good team, heck they're probably better people than me for that, but I just want to enjoy the Arcuesdamn game.

Okay the rant is off my chest, what do you all think?

Years
    I use Pokésav too. No, not on wifi or to beat the game easily (or not even to complete my dex), because that will take all the fun away. No, I only use it to get certain Pokémon (EV-trained or with better IVs). Last time, for exemple, I hacked myself a few Ditto with Transform to be able to check all the moves of the CPU's Pokémon, so I can start a Trainer Database. Simply because you can't have a Ditto from the start of your game and thus no way of checking all the data.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    No one actively discusses it anywhere on the internet besides at the Project Pokemon forums because it's looked down upon because it is responsible for pretty much all the hacked Pokemon out there now.

I admit, I do use it quite often because I find breeding Pokemon to perfection quite too tedious and I probably wouldn't even play Pokemon without Pokesav.

Althought it is great for general use, the reason I believe it is frowned upon is because is plays with people's morality and creates unnecessary debates on what is and isn't legit that would not exist if Pokesav had not ever been developed or so easily accessible.

ArtekOublier

Writing those writables.
    Years
    I've heard about Pokésav and had considered using it, but a game of mine and my bfs was corrupted due to cheating which I think Pokésav is just as bad as. I used to cheat my ass off, but now I feel the happiness in the knowledge that I trained all of my Pokémon myself without the aid of a modifier.

I do admit it would be nice to play about with it and see what it does exactly, but I fear corruption and the lossage of yet another hard worked game. I love my team as they are in Platinum and wouldn't dare change them.
    To all of you who use Pokésav to create "legit" Pokémon, it's up to you at the end of the day I'm not gonna say, "Hey I hate hacking so stop it or I'll bash your face in" everyone's different I just choose not to. Just my opinion.

Just thinking too, alot of players wish Pokémon was real, you wouldn't be able to hack if that was the case, thats a bit like genetic modifying which I also think is wrong in ways, but then right in others. It's weird how opinions work like that eh? If it benefits (the genetics I'm meaning) then let it benefit. I just don't see how if you have a weak Pokémon you should just fix it by hacking, spend some time and train it more I say, lol.

Anyway, my rant is over now, so go...do what you will, but I wont be doing what you will.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    Pokésav was a real life-saver when my Pearl got stolen, since i had around 200 Pokés, all PalParked from Ruby, and that way i could re-create the Pokémons i actually used(my Ev-Trainer BattleTower Team with correct Natures and TM01 consisting of Breloom, Milotic(!) and Salamence) without wasting years of my life on getting 'em back legitimately :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    I take my Pokemon as they are. No Iv breeding or hacking. Fresh caught so they seem less like pixels and more like friends

Mxp

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    I used pokesav legitly to make a team to play the game with, I chose turtwig, got a zubat, shellder, umbreon, elekid, and syther all level one, normal level 1 stats, no moves/abilities that are unatural

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I used pokesav legitly to make a team to play the game with, I chose turtwig, got a zubat, shellder, umbreon, elekid, and syther all level one, normal level 1 stats, no moves/abilities that are unatural

Umbreon can't possible be met at level 1. The minimum is level 2 because Eevee needs to level up at least once to become an Umbreon.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Using pokesav is cheating simple as. It is an external program there for it creates pokemon that were not in the game.
    Think about all those people who spend countless hours EV'ing,IV breeding, Finding the right natures, Strategies, shiny hunting etc.
    Its not fair on them and it is cheating. I am stubborn about this because it is and external hacking device.

Years
    What should I start with first?Oh,yes.
    POKESAV IS BAD FOR YOUR GAME.
    Think about it.Ever had a Bad Egg?You probably have if you cheated.
    That's why I leave Sharking away from my games but not my ROMs that I've downloaded.
    Why,you could hack your game to get a Lv100 shiny PKRS infected Mew.But think,
    you can obtain any Pokemon on Wi-Fi or something.

Years
    ah, to hack, or not to hack.
    Well, usually it's whether or not one has time to properly raise a Pokemon.

Personally, I think hacking is hacking is hacking, and it should stay away from WiFi, but people are going to do it regardless.
    So, yeah.

It just depends on your game, whatever you want to do.
    I don't really see the discussion here though.
    It boils down to this:
    Person A: Hacking does x.
    Person B: I don't have time so/I lost x so, I hack.

So, yeah. I'm closing this x_x;

*close*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back