• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Level 40+ Father arrested for beating a level 16 daughter in a 'medieval duel'

Years
  • In other words: A dad forced his daughter to dress as a knight as he beats her up with a wooden sword
    As a 'duel' because his daughter went to a party without their permission.

The couple told officers they punished the teen for going to a party without their permission.
    Investigators learned the couple is part of a group of Renaissance enthusiasts, who recreate fights from the medieval era.
    Officers said the parents told them it was their right to discipline their child however they see fit.

Am I the only one thinking this is a good topic for the "Group rights vs Individual Rights" thread?

If the above angers you, this fishy link here can calm you down. Not that you are enraged to the point of smashing your monitor

Zet

Years
  • I was going to post "it sounds pretty hard to beat someone up if they're wearing armor" but I decided to check out the source first.

I have to say that form of discipline was pretty damn harsh, they should have just taken away her mobile or computer or something for a few weeks.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • He wasn't arrested for the dueling part. He was arrested because he beat her with a tree limb before the duel.

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
  • At least she was wearing armour? My mother beat me with a wooden spoon when I was a very naughty boy, and I was completely unprotected. :S

But this... this is a slightly off-colour. Why not stick to conventional punishments, like grounding or confiscation? They worked well with me, as I always wanted to see my friends and never wanted my gameboy taken away.

At least she was wearing armour? My mother beat me with a wooden spoon when I was a very naughty boy, and I was completely unprotected. :S

But this... this is a slightly off-colour. Why not stick to conventional punishments, like grounding or confiscation? They worked well with me, as I always wanted to see my friends and never wanted my gameboy taken away.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    While I agree it was their right to discipline their daughter for something she did wrong I dont condone this method of punishment. Making her dress up as a knight while they beat her with a wooden sword seems unnessesary and wrong. Why not just ground her or take away her cell phone. I think the fact that they would punish their child in this way says they might not be exactly right in the head.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    When it gets to the point where the child is bruised, then the punishment is going too far, regardless of the method used. At first I thought it was quite funny and that it really was no different to spanking your child, but if it actually causes quite a bit of pain then you're failing as a parent.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • Love your thread title.

Regarding this issue, I do have to say that this is making me baffled rather than angry...

Years
  • Is the parents' only justification that they can "discipline their child however they want?" Really?

I mean, if it was a case where they said "You're grounded for a month, or..." or she was a problem kid who got around other punishments or something I could understand this better.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • This is absolutely disgusting and wrong and should never have happened. But that has been acknowledged, and since the story ended somewhat happily with the father being arrested, I kind of have to say...

Spoiler:

Back