• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Level Cap For Pokemon in D/P

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    so...were american we should do what we wanr with the games we play

yeah... or not.

On topic though, Why? What is the point in trying to raise a pokemon to a level greater than 100, even in Wi-Fi you don't need level 100 pokemon, they get boosted, it'll only change the gameplay, lol level 50 pokemon for the first badge would be funny though, not FUN.

Lihinel

so what?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2008
    Not allowed to post links, but this reminds me off the Marshall that goes to 11, if y know what i mean:

ht
    +
    tp://w
    +
    ww.youtube.
    +
    com/watch?v=akaD9v460yI&mode=related&search=

They should think about some better and good balanced gamemechanics before starting with cosmetical changes. And as stated before they could just change the amount of exp for a fight or ad another 0 behind the level.

Death Rogers

Great Old One
    Years
    The level cap is fine the way it is. So much would have to change because the highest level would go up. Besides, 100 is a great number for the highest. 175? at least make it a multiple of 100.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    so...were american we should do what we wanr with the games we play

And THAT, in my eyes, has caused you to lose this argument.

The games come from Japan. All we do on our side is translate them. Nothing is added. Thinking otherwise...well,...is not very smart, to put it nicely.

Senerio

Realist, not idealist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2008
    Then it might as well NOT be Pokémon. There's no reason Nintendo of America would take the time to significantly redo the formula. Plus, the impetus held by Nintendo worldwide is to ensure maximal compatibility worldwide for all Wi-Fi based Pokémon games. Stop being so naive as to think that the formula to any Pokémon game is going to change on localisation - the entire world isn't situated in America, for crying out loud.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    Then it might as well NOT be Pokémon. There's no reason Nintendo of America would take the time to significantly redo the formula. Plus, the impetus held by Nintendo worldwide is to ensure maximal compatibility worldwide for all Wi-Fi based Pokémon games. Stop being so naive as to think that the formula to any Pokémon game is going to change on localisation - the entire world isn't situated in America, for crying out loud.

Chill out playa, he's only 13.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    He has to develop intelligent thought eventually. <.<;;

Again, bottom line: The level cap isn't going over 100. Don't like it? Tough. Some people have enough of a challenge getting to 100, and some don't.

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    omglolwtfbbq AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LEVEL 12643012571230975910 CHARIZARDS OHNOEZZZZ

....uh, 100 is enough. ):

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Rasing the level of the Pokemon takes up too much time in the game. I dont even like rasing my Pokemon to level 80 so why would I want it to be the max level of higher than 100?

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Imagine how long people will spend cloning Rare Candies if the cap was raised, especially by a few hundreds. >.<

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    LOL the times in Blue/Red when you did that cheat and got a Raticate level 367 or something

Actually the Pokemon were different in each game. In my red version, I got a level 270-something Charmelian and level 300-somthing Squirtle and my friend had a 120-something Snorlax.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    so, who cares we can remake them the way we want we have what we need

I'm sorry dude, but I think your being a little racist!! quote"so...were american we should do what we wanr with the games we play".......O.O, yeah, uhh, no. Never is does one race, or country have the right to take something from another country and edit it just because they think the're better than the rest. And, the way you put it was as if people in America would have an advantage over other countries. Also, a few posts back someone mentioned that D and P was already out in Japan. (which we all know), but then you replied with something like "I know, but I'm talking about the wii games"!!!!!? WHAAAAT??? You posted this in the D and P section, not the Pokemon Battle Revo section.

Know, dude, I'm not bagg'n on you, I'm just pointing a few things out. Also, I think the idea of a higher Level cap is cool, but most likely Nintendo wont do it, so thats what modding is for. I also like the idea of the different modes like hard and easy because someone finally explained it better. But yea...

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I think when you start the pokemon game for the first time you can slect Easy Normal Hard or Pokemon Master stuff like that.
    I would chose Pokemon master

1. This is off-topic.

2. Do you mean "can" or "should"? If you mean "can", then you are wrong. If you mean "should", then I agree with you...as long as it didn't take away from the game.

Back