• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen LG/FR Monotype Challenge

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Major update for me:
    BEAT ELITE 4 FOR FIRST TIME! I OFFICIALLY LOVE SWORDS DANCING PINSIR(took out Gary and Lance all by himself only 2 full heals.)
    Hall of fame:
    Lv. 60 Pinsir
    Lv. 65 Butterfree
    Lv. 61 Beedrill
    Farfetch and Lapras as HM slaves(had to have them in hall of fame)
    Game time: 24:40
    Already have 64 Pokemon in Pokedex and it's still not over! I plan on catching a few more Pokemon on the Sevii Islands and facing Elite Four one last time.

It's all down hill from here. And I'm thinking about doing all monotypes before Summer begins.

Last edited:

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    thanks for letting me join in on the fun and i had some screen shots of the battle with misty but i lost them(cant keep up with anything)lol anyways

Golem Lv. 31
    Graveler Lv 30

I trade one of my graveler but i didnt want 2 golem its just wierd and umm i like diversity. 2 badges misty was terrible after a couple of resets and the right strategy of attaching a persim berry to golem to cure confusion then self destructing destroyed starmie lol ok lt surge is going down.

This is a new LG/FR Monotype challenge.

Rules:

• This is not a race.
    • You must have at least one pokemon of your chosen type by the time you get to Cerulean City
    • You may only use your starter until you catch one of your pokemon type (Unless Your starter is already your chosen type.), Then It must be used as an HM Slave/Deposited
    • HM Slaves are Allowed, You may have as many as 5. (A bit much but... :P) You may not train your HM Slaves.
    • The challenge ends after you've beaten the E4 for the second time (Helping Lorelli and such..)
    • You may catch a pokemon that will evolve into your chosen type Eventually, (E.g. If you chose Flying you may catch a Metapod (Bug) and Evolve it into a Butterfree (Bug/Flying).
    umm can u use your starter to catch other pokemon of your type like i wanna catch an onix without killing it and my ivysaur know cut and flash which classifies him as a hm slave but i was going to use sleep powder and leech seed to wither onix's hp down and then catch him after he is so low can i do that and can i use him to catch other pokemon for the pokedex so i can get items like amulet coin and exp share hes just catching pokes and being a hm slave no training

Last edited:

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    Since I moved my Flareon Blaze to Emerald I will restart Leafgreen today and try for a water type mono type challange

I will uppdate here once in a while

See my signature pic for uppdates

Last edited:

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Hmm, Psychic isn't in use. May I take Psychic possibly?

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    You must have at least one pokemon of your chosen type by the time you get to Cerulean City
    There aren't any psychic type Pokemon before Cerulean. Unless they can change the rule to before Cascade Badge.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    SO I beat The 4-6th gym yesterday and got super rod catched a staryu and evolved with waterstone, will try for the last 2 gyms today so far no problems with thw mono challange

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    I finished! Bug Monotype has been completed!!!

Second time Hall of Fame:
    Butterfree Lvl. 70
    Pinsir Lvl. 74
    (the following Pokemon I began to train but I was impatient and very confident with Pinsir)
    Ariados
    Ledian
    Yanma
    Heracross

Final Time: 32:20

Pokemon used along the way:
    1. Butterfree
    2. Beedrill
    3. Parasect
    4. Pinsir
    5. Yanma
    6. Ariados
    7. Ledian
    8. Heracross

HM Slaves:
    Farfetch'd(Fly, Cut)
    Lapras(Strength, Brick Break, Surf, Waterfall)

Before I do the rest of the types I'm going to do my own monospecies with Pikachu. Then after that I'll start with Grass and work my way down!

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    im at my girlfriends so im not able to play for a little while but will update pretty soon and i am very close to my fourth gym with a rock type mono with

golem Lv. 39
    graveler Lv. 35
    onix Lv. 28

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    Finally after some intense training my water solo run is done, I just beat the 2nd round of the E4 at these levels:

Blastoise- 84
    Gyrados-76
    Vaporeon-65
    Starmie- 50
    Lapras-50

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    lost my game again last time i was on it it was a few days ago and i couldnt post anything my internet was down and last i checked i had:

Golem Lv. 58
    Graveler Lv. 55
    Aerodactyl Lv. 59
    Kabutops Lv. 55
    Rhydon Lv. 60
    Onix Lv. 58 (going to be a steelix)

as soon as i find my game i will continue on and take out blaine, giovanni and the E4.

Back