• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LGBT Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Repo Man

Legal Assassin
Years
  • Looked for a while, couldn't find anything like this. So here it goes.

What do you think of homosexuiality? Transexualism? Transvestites?

I personally fall under all three of those categories - I'm bisexual, transexual (mtf) and a transvestite (for me, ties in with wanting to be a girl). Obviously I find nothing wrong with any of it - it's who I am. Unfortunately, my parents think it's all "immoral" and such. They don't know any of these things about me, which kind of sucks - it's a huge part of my life, afterall.

Edit: I feel we need a quick and dirty glossary.

Homosexual: We should all know this, being attracted to one's own gender.
    Bisexual: Being attracted to both genders.
    Pansexual: Definitions vary, I find, but I know it to be attracted to someone regardless of gender.
    Transexual: The feel that one's gender is not the correct gender, such as me, a male who feels he is really a female on the inside.
    Transvestite: This is someone who dresses in the clothing of their opposite gender. This has no bearing on their orientation. There are straight transvestites and gay ones and bi ones. Think Eddie Izzard, if you know who that is.

Last edited:

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Question.

I understand about how you feel and all, but..how is that possible?

Sweet transvestite, in transexual, TRANSYLVANIAAAAAA.

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
  • In my opinion, it's not wrong per se, it's just I absolutely hate it when people are so flamboyantly open about it. I mean, I don't go around flaunting my heterosexuality all over the place.

It's just pretty embarrassing seeing someone acting so flamboyantly. If you've got gender confusion, just dress like it but don't be all like "HAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY" about it.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • In my opinion, it's not wrong per se, it's just I absolutely hate it when people are so flamboyantly open about it. I mean, I don't go around flaunting my heterosexuality all over the place.

It's just pretty embarrassing seeing someone acting so flamboyantly. If you've got gender confusion, just dress like it but don't be all like "HAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY" about it.

Agree, but at some level it's society's fault in the first place - it creates the urge to "flaunt" and bottles it up until it metastasizes into what you're describing.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Most people know already here that I am gay. I am a bit confused though on a certain aspect. I know I have a strong sexual attraction for men but with women, its not sexual but I wouldnt mind being with one. Its weird, I know. Anyway, I think that trans people know themselves better than anyone else ever could so they shouldnt be judged.

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
    Years

But I see heterosexuals be all "open about it" all the time. I see them making-out, touching, etc. In PUBLIC places such as schools, malls etc.
    Not that I have problem with it, you can kiss whatever you want. My point is no matter what we will all be flamboyant about our sexuality, just like anything else. Also the fact that everybody has the right do what they want, and to be happy. :3

Last edited:

Penguin13

Years
  • It's called an opinion. :3
    Also that doesn't make sense. lol
    Why would you be judged? o_o

How does it not make sense?

He says trans-genders know their sexuality so they shouldn't be judged. I said I know my sexuality, but I should be judged anyway because I'm not a trans-gender?

usami

biohazard
    Years
  • How does it not make sense?

He says trans-genders know their sexuality so they shouldn't be judged. I said I know my sexuality, but I should be judged anyway because I'm not a trans-gender?
    I don't see anywhere in Haza's post where he implied that people who aren't transgender should be judged. You're reading way too far into what he said.

Patchy

-
    Years
  • I have no problem (almost all of my friends are bi), but I do sort of wish they'd stop declaring it so openly. If they want people to know, fine. There isn't any point in doing a parade about it, since imo thats what most people dislike about them.

You dont choose your sexuality, so you shouldn't be judged on it. Just like how women got rights, I think gay people will too.

peirateis

This is what's left of us.
    Years
  • here comes Christian, conservative, intolerant, bigoted me to piss everyone off...

I believe that being gay or bisexual or whatever is a choice. It's not a natural thing. Because of that, I believe that it's the wrong choice. I would love to make my argument without bringing in my faith, but that's somewhat impossible, because that's my only argument. God created a man and a woman for each other, and that's how it's supposed to be. Bottom line.

Zet

Years
  • here comes Christian, conservative, intolerant, bigoted me to piss everyone off...

I believe that being gay or bisexual or whatever is a choice. It's not a natural thing. Because of that, I believe that it's the wrong choice. I would love to make my argument without bringing in my faith, but that's somewhat impossible, because that's my only argument. God created a man and a woman for each other, and that's how it's supposed to be. Bottom line.
    don't read what's in the spoiler if you get offended easily
    Spoiler:

As for me, I'm pretty laid back with how people roll, it's their choice after all

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Umm... what?

I'm a guy, and in my heart I feel I'm a guy, but I should be judged anyway?

I worded it weird. I meant that I just know that they know themselves better than we know them. I wasnt saying that gay people dont know themselves! lol.

Patchy

-
    Years

Not exactly a choice, in my opinion. I would say that you get influenced when you're growing up, and then you like whoever you like, but you don't really choose -- just like how you don't choose the foods you like and dislike.

People "parade" about a lot of different aspects of life. To say that being proud about being gay is any less right than being proud about being.. idk, Irish or something, also seems kinda unfair. I see homosexuality as just another human characteristic that some people have and some people don't. I no more care that you prefer Mac over PC than I do if you're gay or straight, because in the end, people are people. Very rarely is there one single characteristic that defines a person, all of us are patchworks of thoughts, habits, traits, attitudes, interests, etc. I'm gay, but I'm also a writer. But I'm also a Californian. But I enjoy action movies as much as romance movies. But I play Halo as much as I play Pokemon.

[This is where I got too tired to keep typing and decided not to finish the thought I started]

So on, so forth.
    I was thinking about how straight people don't parade about being proud, but I guess they have no need to be ashamed. I think society causes gay people to feel ashamed about who they are, so I guess you're right. Sort of like telling society that you're not ashamed. ^^

After all, most people don't parade about their nationality, but I'm proud to be Irish. :p

Penguin13

Years

Oh, and also this for me, except the faith part. I'm an atheist.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    My coffee sense tingle a bad ending, like all other LGBT threads.

Recently, I really didn't matter to me the way people choose their orientation. Although, after seeing "Family Gay", for some reason I think orientation can happen genetically and sometimes by choice.

And Shinjiro, I think that was kind of random. :|. The bible never said "touching the animals". Where the waffles did you get the inspiration for that?

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    I'm a pansexual, and a girl without a vagina.
    As such, my view on this matter should be fairly obvious <3

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I don't think there's anything wrong with homosexuality. Our sexual orientation isn't something we choose. I didn't choose to be straight. I don't remember thinking to myself one day "Hey I'm going to be straight!". I'm sure gay people didn't just say "Hey, I think I'll be gay!". Why anyone would think that sexuality is a choice is beyond me. I'm sure some sort of biological, genetic or environmental factors come into play, but how can we possibly control these factors? You cannot choose your sexuality.

It's true that heterosexual partners are required to continue the human race, but that doesn't explain why homosexual behavior occurs in other animal species, which has been well documented. I'm fairly certain that other animals don't choose to be gay or straight, and while one may argue that they don't have the brain capacity to choose, it doesn't take away from the fact that we're all essentially animals on this earth. It's a perfectly natural occurence.

My point is...Homosexuality exists for a reason. And whatever the reason, it doesn't make any of us any different from one another. People who are intolerant and bigoted need to realize this. And they also need to stop bringing religion into the argument. Quite frankly, it has nothing to do with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back