• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual) anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    The Ancient Greek thing was more to do with young boys :3

Though after the boy got to be a certain age, they moved on... It's sort of like a sensual teaching of sorts...

But this is very much a paraphrase on that subject.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    ...An' now I'ma gonna mess everything up by flat-out hating religion.

Nah, I won't go into depth with my hatred, but the Bible annoys the hell out of me. Basically (and from what I can tell - please correct me where/if I'm wrong) some Christians wrote down what they believed. And then other Christians picked it up, read it, and decided that their entire lives should follow what was put down in this book. In fact, that goes, pretty much, for all religions with a Holy book. And ignore the hypocrisies within it, and follow the stuff they think is the best.

I refer you to:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa9xDar8rQg

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    The Ancient Greek thing was more to do with young boys :3

Though after the boy got to be a certain age, they moved on... It's sort of like a sensual teaching of sorts...

But this is very much a paraphrase on that subject.

Just like Sasuke and Orochimaru, lol! :embarrass

Wasn't Achilles gay?
    I know he isn't necessarily real, but he was a big figure in greek culture.

(Also alexander the great? I think he was gay too.)

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    There were hundreds of famous historical figures that were gay. I lose track~

Why does GLBT have a 'community'? Because we have suffered hundreds and thousands of years of discrimination from our heterosexual peers. So straights, if you feel like you've had too much suffering at our hands, by all means band together.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    There were hundreds of famous historical figures that were gay. I lose track~

Why does GLBT have a 'community'? Because we have suffered hundreds and thousands of years of discrimination from our heterosexual peers. So straights, if you feel like you've had too much suffering at our hands, by all means band together.

Everybody knows it's better for the environment to be gay anyways.
    Nothing leaves a bigger carbon footprint than a baby from a breeder! lol XD

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Plus we recycle (for those who are able to adopt that is). XD

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    I could own six hummers and drive them all day long and I'd still not be putting out as much as one child.

(Not that I would do that lol)

Apparently there was this study on crabs (the animal not the STI) and when the population of crabs became too high more crabs were being born gay.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Haha, I want gay crabs! Not the STI...

I think there was also a study about how the siblings of gays were more fertile :s Weird.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I could own six hummers and drive them all day long and I'd still not be putting out as much as one child.

(Not that I would do that lol)

Apparently there was this study on crabs (the animal not the STI) and when the population of crabs became too high more crabs were being born gay.

Lol so genetics changed when too many crabs were present? That's really bizarre yet interesting enough to explore, if possible in other species.

Years
    Lol so genetics changed when too many crabs were present? That's really bizarre yet interesting enough to explore, if possible in other species.

Kind of interesting, really. Now if only I had the power to make the guys i want gay or at least bi >:]
    like that would ever happen

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010

Well that's the interesting part. Apparently homosexuality is much more common in everybody's genomes than you might think.

Even if somebody is not homosexual they may still carry the dormant gene, but the part of their genetics that makes them homosexual is never triggered.

It's called an allele.

You can inherit it in your genetics but it's up to chance whether or not that allelle is triggered.

In other words it's likely that out of the crabs that had inherited the gay allelle, a higher percentage were having their allele's triggered due to environmental changes ie. overpopulation.

Though it is important to note that the fully grown crabs were not turning gay, just more crabs were being born gay or younger adolescent crabs were developing to be gay.

Kind of interesting, really. Now if only I had the power to make the guys i want gay or at least bi >:]
    like that would ever happen

If you can find a way of triggering a dormant gay allele in a recessive carrier you might be able to.

Ever hear of guys suddenly turning gay? It might be a strange thought for most of us who have been gay all the time, but it could be proof of late triggering alleles.

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Makes it sound like the 'nurture' part is the trigger... It's interesting, but at the same time I am also glad not to be a scientist XD

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Well i think it's mostly down to chance.
    Other things like color blindness and left handedness are also theorized to occur as alleles.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I don't agree with the guys 'turning gay' thing. It just means they were repressed o3o

Years
    For me, it can go either way. Being gay could either be a born thing, or it could be a choice. Those who disagree with me, remember that it's my own opinion, go make your own, kthanks.

Only one problem, you cant have an opinion on it being a choice. It's common fact that it is not a choice. There's no personal belief involved.

I don't agree with the guys 'turning gay' thing. It just means they were repressed o3o

Understood. Through some guys though, they don't know their feelings unless they experience it. It's a strange thing. I don't believe you could ever really make a guy gay

Last edited:

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    Only one problem, you cant have an opinion on it being a choice. It's common fact that it is not a choice. There's no personal belief involved.

This is true,
    and speaking about choice, lemme share a little story:

After I came out to my mom, she decides to have a conversation with me. She then said this: "For some people they're born that way, some people choose."

This is untrue.
    I'm sorry, I can't choose to be attracted to women.
    I just ain't able to be.

And "fad bisexuals" are not bi. They're boys who want attention from 'those' girls who simply crawl all over gay guys, and Girls who want more guys who think it's sexy that they're girlfriend would make out with another girl.

"Fad Bisexual" exists for Heterosexual Relationship pursuit.

So they don't count.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    Like I said, you have your opinion. It's not a fact that it isn't a choice. It's an ongoing controversy that probably isn't going to be settled anytime soon, so until you come up with some fabulous concrete proof that the scientific/psychological community can come to terms with, then no, it's not "common fact"

Well, I see you're very opinionated.
    An opinion can never be wrong. However, it can also, never be right.

Since you've forced me to approach your responce in such a matter, so be it.

I would bet you any large sum of money on, if you asked any Homosexual Man or Woman if they chose thier sexual orientation, they would reply, always, with a "no".

However, since they're is no written down scientist-or-whatnot study results to make you somehow drill it into your skull without use of inhumane ways to implant it into your brain, we unfortunately have to leave it with this.

Believe what you wish, but just take my words into consiteration, if you will so much as give me this.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    About time I posted in here,just last summer I defined myself as a gay,but since I can remember I've been more attracted to guys since fourth grade so you can probably say I've been gay all along. I've told many friends online but never have told my actual family. Just haven't came out yet,no big deal but I will one day and hopefully everyone can accept me for who I am.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    Like I said, you have your opinion. It's not a fact that it isn't a choice. It's an ongoing controversy that probably isn't going to be settled anytime soon, so until you come up with some fabulous concrete proof that the scientific/psychological community can come to terms with, then no, it's not "common fact"

I don't need "fabulous concrete proof", I know full well that I did not choose who I was sexually attracted to.

I don't know why people even began to think that it was a choice. It is beyond ridiculous to believe that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back