• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual) anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    When this thread was little (like 7 pages; 50 pages ago...) I saw some people were discussing the Catholic Church's view on LGBT people. The Catholic Church does not hat gay people, and does accept them. The only thing that people may see why the Catholic Church doesn't like gay people is because in the Church you cannot have pre-marital sex (marriage in the Church not by law), and since the Church doesn't allow gay marriage, therefore the Church frowns upon pre-marital sex with someone of the same sex. I know a Catholic priest who's brother is homosexual and his brother is part of the Church and just isn't allowed to engage in a sexual relationship of someone with the same sex. So basically, the Church doesn't mind gay people or not allow them, however, it is kinda a loophole the Church does to prevent it I guess.

Anyways, I'm straight and just wanted to clear some things up with the Catholic Churh's views on homosexuality.

Even if that's true (I honestly have no idea, never looked into to specifically so I can't vouché) that doesn't stop specific Christians from having a problem, many do even if their church does approve so it doesn't really solve the issue. They're just blinded by what I understand is one line in the bible "a man shall no like with another man" or something which IIRC is in the old testament. Then again I could be completely wrong.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    SOooooooooooooo speaking of which, has anyone thought to participate in the Day of Silence? Unfortunately, I won't be able to as I will be working next Friday. It wouldn't really work well if I was choosing not to help customers. :3

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Oh I sure am gurrllll ♥

It's funny that when I put forward real suggestions and ideas, instead of discussing them, you resort to trying to portray me as a troll. If you don't have any real answers and are just the attn seeking individual I have you down as, just say, but please don't be so rude as to disregard what I am saying.
    I think disregarding your claiming that there should be a "straight pride" thread and then crying that it's so hard to be a hetero (thus making a HUGE mockery of the LGBT movement) is the sensible solution. You're obviously an attention seeking troll trying to rile up ire in a sensitive topic and it's just not going to work.

You've failed. Move on. Find someone else to poke fun at while lamenting your lack of anything better to do.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    SOooooooooooooo speaking of which, has anyone thought to participate in the Day of Silence? Unfortunately, I won't be able to as I will be working next Friday. It wouldn't really work well if I was choosing not to help customers. :3
    I don't usually say anything to anyone during the school day, so I'm pretty sure that I'd do that without planning to do so. When I get home, however, I can't say for certainty that I wouldn't speak.

Years
    @ People off topic: Get on topic.

@ Trolls: stop being stupid and get on topic.

Or else

LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual) anyone?

DIGLETT WILL EAT YOUR SOUL

Also, my school hates gays. I know they do.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    ^ lol i love how you didnt listen to Patches.
    i will! of course i will be in school so i will talk only when neccassary

Years
    @ Eric: You are so funny. You and your diglett should be big time comedians.'

@ everyone else: How do you deal with bad reactions when you come out to people? I really would like to know, maybe it could heal the hurt I have.

Years
    I didn't see his Post. LIKE I SAID, TOO FAST.

Like I said before, my school hates gays. Well, mostly the guys though.

I'll just ignore the people off topic, they'll get their due soon. If there was no justice in this world, I would've killed myself already.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I think disregarding your claiming that there should be a "straight pride" thread and then crying that it's so hard to be a hetero (thus making a HUGE mockery of the LGBT movement) is the sensible solution. You're obviously an attention seeking troll trying to rile up ire in a sensitive topic and it's just not going to work.

You've failed. Move on. Find someone else to poke fun at while lamenting your lack of anything better to do.

I never srsly claimed there should be a straight pride parade. Don't put words in my mouth.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    @ Eric: You are so funny. You and your diglett should be big time comedians.'

@ everyone else: How do you deal with bad reactions when you come out to people? I really would like to know, maybe it could heal the hurt I have.

I think you should come out for real anyway :P Doing that on April fools was not the best thing (even if you just wanted to test the waters). But the earlier, the better. :)

As for reactions, of others, I haven't told people explicitly besides my family and one coworker, and now my psychologist. XD

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm reminded by reading this of people a dozen or so pages back who basically said bullying gays or people who they thought was gay didn't do anything to them, which is like saying it's okay or something.

This kid wasn't even gay... just goes to show you how stereotypes are nothing but a bad thing. Or maybe I'm overlooking something?

Years
    Well, he basically was my family, I have known him since I was 3, which I basically as far back as I can remember XD;

I DON'T KNOW! It is just so nerve-wracking :[
    ...but I know, the longer I wait, the worse it will be when it happens...

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    If I told my parents, they would lose it. Since their Christian(I converted to Islam myself), and they are very religious, they would kill me.
    You said you chose to be straight, so you don't have to worry about that.

...See what I did there? More importantly, see what you did there?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    1) That school did not discriminate against her. They allowed her to go to the prom just not with a same-sex partner. They didn't allow any student to do this, hetero or homo so they did treat everyone equally. I am a bit steamed about those disabled kids though.2) Okay I don't 100% buy that people are born homosexual but I'm sure people are not born transgendered. You are born male or female or in rare cases a hermaphrodite. If you were meant to be the other gender you would have been born that way. People choose to change their gender surgically.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    REPHRASED: If I WAS Gay, my parents would kill me.

Ah, there you go.
    Well, in your little hypothetical situation, I think we've hit an impass here.

If your parents would "kill" you over something like your sexual orientation, and disown you as thier child,
    then, I'm sorry to say;

Your parents' love towards you is very conditional.

Not to say that you don't have the exact same parent scenario as other people, some who are actually gay/lesbian, but the point still stands.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back