• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual) anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    They didn't allow any student to do this, hetero or homo so they did treat everyone equally..

You got a source on this? I always operated under the assumption that the whole purpose of a prom was to go with a "partner", otherwise it's not a prom, it's a dance.

Edit: Disregard this, mis-read post. And yes, it's discrimination as Patchisou pointed out.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    1) That school did not discriminate against her. They allowed her to go to the prom just not with a same-sex partner. They didn't allow any student to do this, hetero or homo so they did treat everyone equally. I am a bit steamed about those disabled kids though.
    That's discrimination, sweat heart.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    Pfft, I hate those bastards anyway. They make no kind of sense, even worse than me.

Very conditional.

Harsh words, but meh.

Speaking of parents, I have to say my Mother, who knows I'm gay,
    is accepting, but,
    she doesn't get me at all.

Her views of gays are very limited to flambuoyant-Girly-girls-with-male-appendages type of gay.
    So it feels like she suddenly has a different attitude towards me.

She actually said "life partner"
    ASJDNSDKLFNDS

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I remember telling my mom about it... She was a bit more accepting than I anticipated, maybe even too much >.>

I say that because at one point I brought up sex, and she was all like "well sex is a beautiful thing..."

I think my heart skipped a beat. XD

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I know lots of people who went to prom with friends.
    And equal treatment means everyone is under the same rules. There was a rule saying no same-sex partners allowed. All students had to abide by this whether they were hetero, homo, black, white, green, Jewish, Christian, etc.

Years
    Sorry, I just wanted to point out that when the flaming and arguing stopped, so did everybody else. This thread has turned into something it really shouldn't have, and if our society wasn't so ignorant, it wouldn't be that way.

Well, I don't think I have to worry about my mom, it is everybody else I have to worry about XD;

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I know lots of people who went to prom with friends.
    And equal treatment means everyone is under the same rules. There was a rule saying no same-sex partners allowed. All students had to abide by this whether they were hetero, homo, black, white, green, Jewish, Christian, etc.
    ...Someone doesn't read the dictionary much, do they?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    A lot of people think I'm gay because of the things I like. Very stereotypical of them, but something that's been forced upon them by our stereotypical society. I find both sexes to be attractive, but neither to be sexually attractive with the exception of one or two fetishes I have.
    I find different things attractive with both sexes, and honestly when it regards other women it's mostly a superficial thing. That's mostly to do with how the female form is perceived, which is as a more appealing and attractive form overall (the way the average frame curves, etc.) With men it's both how they look and the kind of person they are, but that's just what I know now from having crushes on a bunch of different people when I was growing up.

I won't get into what I find to be sexually attractive, though, considering the nature of the forum and of the community.
    Unless, of course, it's a Pokémon, right? ;D Kidding!

But, like I said a few pages back, I believe that sexuality is a very minor aspect in human relationships. I think anyone can fall in love with anyone, regardless of their sex. I'm just open minded about situations like that. Sexuality, in my opinion, is a very harsh limitation for anyone. But at the same time, I'm hypocritical to say that I've only had feelings and have been in relationship with those of the opposite sex, so I identify myself, when asked, as straight. But I don't limit myself to one sex. Can't say I can see myself having a same sex relationship with anyone, but I'm not ruling that out as impossible either.
    I agree, but unfortunately society makes sexuality seem like a really important aspect to life nowadays. I don't mean to sound like one of those "sex is on TV and it's warping children's minds!" people, but it is everywhere, and the general idea seems to be that physical attraction in a relationship is the only way to really stay happy. That's just how I see it though, I don't actually believe that to be true.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Discrimination is when people are treated differently. Everyone was bound under that same rule so no one was treated differently. If a straight student wanted to bring a same-sex date they would have been turned down as well.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    My stand on this honestly, is that a person should have the right to be with someone they love. Whether it be the same gender, the opposite, or whatever the case may be. I don't think someone should force themselves to like something for the pleasure or desire of others. It's basically changing yourself to be someone you're not and at the end just leaving you unhappy.

There are many haters out there who discriminate against people who are either Gay, Lesbian, Bi, or Tran-sexual. They have this one set mind that a person is born who they are and should pair up with the opposite gender for the sake of all that is good. What good is it to live in a world that lives their lives on the same standards as everyone? As people, we are all individuals and we are given the right of freedom. Isn't love a choice based on freedom? I would think so, and to hold someone back from marrying a person they love because they are the same gender is basically neglecting the freedom of those people.

I know there will always be those who fight against all who are gay, lesbian, Bi, and Tran-sexual. However, the point being, you can't stop people from not being who they are and therefore you can't stop people from being with the person they love or share feelings for.
    I'm reminded by reading this of people a dozen or so pages back who basically said bullying gays or people who they thought was gay didn't do anything to them, which is like saying it's okay or something.

This kid wasn't even gay... just goes to show you how stereotypes are nothing but a bad thing. Or maybe I'm overlooking something?
    Basically read the whole thing. It's disappointing to read that someone as young as 11-years-old had to end their life short because of discrimination and hate from others. Preferably bullying in this case, has been a serious case recently for younger students as well as those who attend high school more so. It shows a lack of knowledge some people have to consider someone based on appearance or behavior over natural personality. Which goes to show, one shouldn't judge a book by its cover, much less a person who they know little about.

I've seen cases where students were bullied or harassed on because they might have been gay, and personally it just shows the immaturity people have to respect what someone else may be like. Relatively, it's discrimination on a person like the girl with prom for example. That my friend is a pure case of discrimination.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Discrimination is when people are treated differently. Everyone was bound under that same rule so no one was treated differently. If a straight student wanted to bring a same-sex date they would have been turned down as well.
    Think logically here for a second and use some common sense. Why would a straight person bring a same sex date to their prom? Come up with an answer to that, and I and everyone else in this forum will **** bricks.

Years

Why would a straight student want to bring a same-sex date? They wouldn't, because they're straight. A gay person would want to bring a same-sex date because they're gay, but they're not allowed because of a rule. That's discriminatory.

"Discrimination: treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit"

The rule obviously targets one group: homosexuals.

Years

Does you ignorance know no bounds? Have you idea idea how mind numbingly stupid that statement is? I actually feel my IQ has dropped a significant amount having read it.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I find different things attractive with both sexes, and honestly when it regards other women it's mostly a superficial thing. That's mostly to do with how the female form is perceived, which is as a more appealing and attractive form overall (the way the average frame curves, etc.) With men it's both how they look and the kind of person they are, but that's just what I know now from having crushes on a bunch of different people when I was growing up.
    Unconventional beauty in women is much more striking than the superficial barbie dolls most people go after.

Basically read the whole thing. It's disappointing to read that someone as young as 11-years-old had to end their life short because of discrimination and hate from others. Preferably bullying in this case, has been a serious case recently for younger students as well as those who attend high school more so. It shows a lack of knowledge some people have to consider someone based on appearance or behavior over natural personality. Which goes to show, one shouldn't judge a book by its cover, much less a person who they know little about.
    What bothers me about this is that this boy ended his life not because he was gay but because he was teased by people who thought he was gay based on stereotypes. And that's another reason why I dislike people judging someone's sexuality based on stereotypical behavior and interests, yet people do it anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back