• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Likes and Dislikes of Gen V Pokémon

Maka Chop

【・ヘ・?】
Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    At first, I didn't like any of the designs. But that was just because I was too stubborn to accept that the Gen IV era was ending xD
    I actually like a lot of Gen V designs now. Some notable examples would be Daikenki and Crimgan.

Some of them are just wat, though. For example, Jellicent.

Years
  • At first I didn't like 90% of the fifth generation designs, this was because B/W were new to me which is the way I've felt since gen II onwards.

The few I instantly liked were;
    Sinvy and it's evolutions, Oshawott, Simisage, Conkeldurr, Scarggy, Reuniclus, Deerling (Spring form), and Escavalier.

After getting used to the designs I've found I still dislike Crustle, Druddigon and Mandibuzz.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    SAVING FROM DEATH, YEAH.

Is it just me or is Scolipede one of the most awesome yet not too awesome Pokemon in-game (other than Bouffalant!) Cause I was just playing through and really, Scolipede and Bouffalant look like they're out for revenge or something really.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
    Years
  • Well I do like some of the starters, but I just think that the designs are too....... realistic, as in the Pokemon looking a lot like the items we see. Such as Garbador like a garbage bag, and Klink being a gear. It's getting too realistic, but some are repeats, such as Patrat being a first normal type rodent we see at the first route, and Pidove being the first bird pokemon in the first route. But they rest are ok.

Years
  • Personally, I really don't like Gen V's Pokemon. There's a few awesome ones, like the Zorua and Purrloin lines, the Legendary Dragons, the Golurk line, and Samurott, but they're mostly drowned out by the bad ones, such ad the Trubbish line(a garbage bag as a Pokemon? WTH?), The Klink line(What if Trubbish was a gear instead of trash), the Vanillite line(Great. Now my ice cream cone can fight to the death.), TBH, the list goes on and on. What was Game Freak thinking when they have so many Pokemon as inanimate objects? I understand the occasional want to have one, like Seedot, but honestly, The Gen V Pokemon kinda broke my expectations on design, in a bad way.

Of course, It may take some time for me to warm up to em, but I doubt it.

Years
  • What's with all the Vanillite/Vanillish/Vanilluxe hate? I love those things cos they're cute and the best of the 3 pre-National Dex Ice-types you can find.

Deino, Zweilous and Hydreigon have badass designs. I use a female Docile Hydreigon and she sweeps a lot of things. I think they were the best Dragon-type evolutionary line ever released.

And let's not forget Reshiram and Zekrom's badass designs fit for a Legendary.

Samurott is definitely the coolest fully-evolved Unova starter, it's a sea lion-otter with a giant shell horn on its head! I loved it and that's why I picked Oshawott as my starter.

I also love the Elgyem and Gothita lines cos of their looks and they are both good. Not to forget the Solosis line and Sigilyph as well, they had great Psychic-types this generation.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Reshiram is like, a chicken with some sort of canine face. idk. It still looks beautiful and majestic at the same time though.
    Trubbish and Garbodor are just rubbish bags, idk if that is original or not. my head hurts

Everyone knows what Tynamo looks like.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
    Years
  • Some pokemon are OK, but that the rest aren't what I expected to be, I know that Gen I had some weird pokemon, but they were just starting out, but like I said, some are good, such as Serperior, but the rest are too realistic and repetitive.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
  • I really hate Throh and Sawk. They just look too stupid. Good for battles, suck at art.

I like how each city is built, especially Castelia and Nimbasa. I like roaming around <3

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2012
    Favorites: Volcarona, Zoroark, Samurott, Serperior, Servine

Dislikes: Garbodor

That's pretty much all

Pokebreeder22

New Breeder
    Years
  • Not a fan of Gollett, or kling an its evolutions. Munna has flowers on it and Musharna looks like a fetus for goodness sakes....

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
  • Sigilyph used to make me want to always kill it, with that wierd body, but eventually, I got over it, so now, I simply love Sigilyph.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    I only really like a handful my favourites being Zorua, Zoroark and Victini.
    The designs in the new generation look lazy and ruin the whole feel of the game.
    Also, apart from the pokémon, the style has completely changed, and it just takes the charm out of the games :(

Credit where it's due though, the new features give the game a uniqueness that I could never dreamt of the animated battlers are amazing and the rotation system is something I would love to see in more games!

If they do and RSE remake with most/all of these new features I'd be sure to buy it, just to see my first pokémon game expanded, if anything, apart from the fact I could avoid the new pokémon.

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
    Years
  • I'm pretty much accepting of the Unova pokes as a whole, but I still can't get over how bad Sawk and Throh are. :/

Kaioken

FireRed
    Years
  • My least fave has to be Druddigon, like enough with the overusing Dragon Pokemon, they're suppose to be the toughest, roughest bad boys around, but then you have the likes of Druddigon and this one looks like some drawing from a 6 year old ;-; sheesh the hands are bigger than the thing's body... ohwell at least it has rough skin. ^^'

Years
  • I actually really love the new Pokemon.

Favorites: Druddigon, Serperior, Vanilluxe, Braviary, Scrafty, Stoutland, Excadrill, Darmanitan, Gigalith, Heatmor, Escavelier, Accelgor, Elgyem/Beeheyem, Chandelure.

I only few dislikes which are: Seismitoad (ugliest thing ever) and Emolga (so much hate for that thing)

Years
  • I actually really love the new Pokemon.

Favorites: Druddigon, Serperior, Vanilluxe, Braviary, Scrafty, Stoutland, Excadrill, Darmanitan, Gigalith, Heatmor, Escavelier, Accelgor, Elgyem/Beeheyem, Chandelure.

I only few dislikes which are: Seismitoad (ugliest thing ever) and Emolga (so much hate for that thing)

Out of what you mentioned, I like Elgyem/Beheeyem, Excadrill, Chandelure, Vanilluxe, Gigalith, Scrafty and Stoutland.

I like Emolga cos its cute despite being annoying.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Just a note, you guys can now discuss movesets etc of the Pokemon, anything relevant to the Pokemon in-game, it doesn't necessarily have to be about designs anymore. :) Now discuss! Just keep Pokemon debates to the weekly polls, plz, unless you wanna debate about completely unrelated Pokemon - OH YEAH AND UNOVA ONLY, TOO!

Back