• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Likes

blue

gucci
Years
  • So this idea sprung to mind after seeing it on a couple of other forums and obviously where it originated, Facebook. I was thinking that a "like" system could be implemented, for example it could appear below your post count how many likes you have received, it's just something to show how you feel about certain posts or something.​

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
    Years
  • I think it's commonly called "reputation" in other forums, yeah? It's kind of a two-edged sword--while it probably will encourage more quality posts from users, it just doesn't sit well with some people. Looking at others having a ton of likes can also be intimidating to new users. It's probably good for young, upstart forums, but for PC? I think it'll do more harm than good, tbh. But what do I know, right?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • I believe this has been suggested several times before and discussed in HQ. That was a while back though so I guess it either got voted against or forgotten. The fact that post comments are still here though suggests that they're a good enough substitute for likes.

Might want a bit of hstaff confirmation on this though.

Years
  • I've seen that on other forums, I hate it. This isnt facebook. We dont need it. If you want to show how you feel about a post, use the post comments feature that everyone complained about when we temporarily deleted it.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • It's been said, but it will essentially become the Reputation system over again. Friends and cliques will 'like' all of each others posts, which is pointless, but creates tension and stuff.

Besides, it doesn't really add anything. Post comments you could leave a comment, opinion etc. Likes is purely superficial and doesn't contribute anything really.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • If you like a post, you can always send a post comment saying "Hey, I like your post" using this button: Likes

Back