• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Liking all new everything?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Gosh ! xD

I really wasn't expecting this. But, it bugs me in some way : if old Pokemon will get evolutions or preevolutions, the same suckish DP Scenario will happen : we won't be able to get our fav. Pokemon and their evolutions to play the game with them. ):
    Yeah that's what's going to happen as they said no old pokemon in the Isshu dex :(

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • It's refreshing not to hear Geodude and Zubat's grating cries over, and over, and over again, though Magnemite and Beldum will be missed.

(For the record, I'm still transferring Porygon onto whatever third version game of Generation V is through Black/White...)

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Yeah. It's great to see millions of new Pokemon. Also, no Eeveelutions? D: Maybe they think they had Eevee first, so it's in the Isshu dex. Please let that happen. x-X

A Tell-Tale Heart

The Boy Who Waited...
    Years
  • I'm excited that I won't run into any old Pokémon, but I'm a little sad that I won't get to use any of my old Pokémon until I beat the game. But I guess it's a good trade-off. No more Zubat and Tentacool, yay!

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2010
    So far all the pokemon Ive seen that are going to be in Black & White make me think "wow pokemon just may be getting stupid"
    pokemon that are bulky, and have a lot of overused shapes so they look cluttered..meh.
    but I'll love pokemon forever.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2010
    I like B&W so far... what I don't like AT ALL is having again a whole bunch of new pokemon... I used to know every single pokemon there is, but now there are so much I'm just like "screw it".
    I honestly think they shouldn't have added more Pokemon... I would have loved B&W to be a new story, region, leaders, etc but no new Pokemon.
    I want to see a new pokemon game that puts the current pokemon to good use.
    I think that with 4th Generation, it was enough... It would have been nice if there were just 2 or 3 new Pokemon, but not a whole lot again.

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
  • A lot of the newer Pokemon have interesting designs, but then for every pokemon that looks good, there's ten that look like filler or are just ugly.

It's gotten hit or miss after RSE, IMO. Now, this is a huge generation of possibly 150+ pogeys, so yeah...

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I like this idea. So long as we can still get the other Pokemon after the national dex, I'm fine with it.

Because people can't handle the awesomeness of Hoenn and the greatest Pokemon, region, characters, etc. of ALL TIME.

Hoenn was a huge leap in the wrong direction from Johto. Hoenn was almost 50% water route. Isshu isn't all that different from Kanto or Johto so people don't mind it much. There is around 2-3 water routes according to maps in Isshu, thats around how many there were in Johto/Kanto.

I'm very open to the idea... mostly because I'm getting really tired of zubat interrupting my walks through caves. Now at least I'll be attacked by something new.

I'm kind of nervous about building my team, though. I'll probably restart this game a lot until I find a team that I like.

I am going to play this game just like I play a new fakemon hack. I catch a bunch of the pokemon I find in the wild and then I test the pokemon out. The ones I like are keepers, the ones I don't like either go into the PC or to my friends!

Kanto can't count in this as it was the beginning of the series, the originator. Hoenn was the first time they had a fresh new start.

I wouldn't consider Hoenn fresh or new. It was more like a punch in the face.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I think the "pre-national dex" feature's cool!!
    It really makes you feel like you're in a far region from the other four. [=

Hoenn was a huge leap in the wrong direction from Johto. Hoenn was almost 50% water route. Isshu isn't all that different from Kanto or Johto so people don't mind it much. There is around 2-3 water routes according to maps in Isshu, thats around how many there were in Johto/Kanto.

I wouldn't consider Hoenn fresh or new. It was more like a punch in the face.
    I don't have problems with water routes...
    But they should not limit the trainers in ocean to use only Water-type Pokemon,
    the protagonist is free to use any types in the sea, so why can't NPCs too?

They should have pre-national dex in Hoenn already... :(
    But they didn't... I was disappointed the moment I saw Geodude(at the first gym btw, the first "old" Pokemon I saw)...
    I was expecting something new.... :(

Last edited:

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
  • So far, there isn't much I don't like...
    Seasons will make catching Pokemon even more interesting, just like when they added Night/Day to Pokemon Gen2. I plan on catching the Deer thing, even if it is just a gimmick Pokemon.

The only thing I've found that annoy's me is that there are NO Pokemon from previous generations untill you recieve the NationalPokedex. I'm going to miss raising Crobat :( But who knows maybe Koromori will be a decent fighter.

I'm also fairly intuiged that there is a #00 Pokemon, that's before the starters, which could be interesting...

Triple battles could be a little meh, but I'll get used to it.

So that's about it I guess... Can't think of much more to say here...
    Lolz!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

I dunno, I think there will be at least a few more water routes in Isshu than Johto/Kanto. Then again, I don't think there will be as much water Pokemon, therefore, the same ones will be more common, (I also expect the ocean near Hiun City to feature a range of Pokemon that you can't find anywhere else within Isshu).

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    BTW I realised something... The ability Sturdy have "upgraded" into similar like Focus Sash,
    means if you attack Geodude with a Surf...
    It won't faint immediately... (which I was hoping it to happen in Gen IV)

Point is that would make those Pokemon with Sturdy ability more useful and formidable in battle!!
    I guess that would change some old Pokemon's tier.

Years
  • BTW I realised something... The ability Sturdy have "upgraded" into similar like Focus Sash,
    means if you attack Geodude with a Surf...
    It won't faint immediately... (which I was hoping it to happen in Gen IV)

Point is that would make those Pokemon with Sturdy ability more useful and formidable in battle!!
    I guess that would change some old Pokemon's tier.

Has that been confirmed? and if so, where did you see it?

Years
  • I wouldn't consider Hoenn fresh or new. It was more like a punch in the face.

I think it's fine that you have your own opinion on R/S/E, but that was the first game I really played of Pokemon (I played Yellow for a few minutes on my old high school boyfriend's game cart). Though I watched the show and was familiar with the characters, R/S/E was the first time I actually played it through. So it has a very special place in my heart. And the first Battle Frontier in Emerald was amazing! You got to play in so many different cool places, like the one where each pokemon's natures determined their actions in battle. (too cool). Anyway,
    I loved Hoenn and I am looking forward to B/W. I really can't wait. It's like a whole new journey, and I am probably going to get both so I can make my boyfriend play :cheeky:

Please people stop ripping on Hoenn! :(

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • Hoenn was the freshest region of them all, imo. It brought a lot to the table. I liked the different terrians, and the abundance of water. The dive spots were genius too. Sinnoh, on the other hand, wasn't necessarily impressive to me. All regions were good in their own way though.

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
    Years
  • Hoenn was the freshest region of them all, imo. It brought a lot to the table. I liked the different terrians, and the abundance of water. The dive spots were genius too. Sinnoh, on the other hand, wasn't necessarily impressive to me. All regions were good in their own way though.

Funny, this is the exact reason everyone hated Hoenn :/

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Funny, this is the exact reason everyone hated Hoenn :/
    No, people hated it because they didn't like the choice of old Pokemon in the PokeDex. For instance, people were whining about, for example, "No Magmar, but Zubat?!!! WTF!". This is the same reason DP was disliked.

Well, that's not the only reason, but its the main one.

Back