• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Liking all new everything?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Thats stupid there are animals that a shared almost everywhere in the world like cats.

There are species of animals that are only in certain regions. Think of Isshu as like Australia, it's got so many native animals never seen anywhere else (apart from domesticated ones in zoos and stuff) and it's hardly got any of the animals from, say, Europe. There's nothing wrong with that.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    Why is it that when Hoenn removed tons of old favorites and tried to revolutionize the franchise it was ridiculed, but when Isshu does it it's praised?

I hope this isn't true. It'd be more realistic if they had at least a few Pokemon in common.

It probably has to do with Hoenn got rid of select Pokemon, where Ishuu is getting rid of all of them, essentially a complete fresh start. I'm excited in general! I mean, if I turn out not liking someting there's a whole lot more that i can like. I really like that battle sprites move a lot more, those static ones were kinda stiff.

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
    Years
    For now I like all that was announced, except a bit the fact that there are only isshu pokemon before e4; I would prefer a mixture like old gens, so if there is a new pokemon that I don't like, I can get an old one, and vice-versa.
    Also on ludvisc matter I think it will be like giratina in genIV: it was unaviable until you get national pokedex: genV pokemon=\=pokemon in national dex...

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I like the starting over thing. Well I'm basically a little above indifferent but I'll call it liking. The only thing that has me wondering is the presumable Luvdisc evo. I mean how's that going to work? No breeding until after the (inter)national dex is completed?

The Luvdisc Evo will not be in the Isshu dex is Luvdisc is not, it will just be a 'misc' Pokémon that is only in the 'International' (as people are calling it) dex.

(So you won't find a Luvdisc Evo in the wild, only from evolving a Luvdisc once you can get one in the Dream State or whatever).

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    So glad I won't have to run into random Zubats and Tentacool this game! Everything will be fresh. I'm thinking about not viewing any more new leaks until it comes out, so it'll be even fresher, but it's hard to resist. =P

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I think Gen. 5 will be interesting to say the least. But, I'd have to actually play it to rate if I like it or not.

Years
    It probably has to do with Hoenn got rid of select Pokemon, where Ishuu is getting rid of all of them, essentially a complete fresh start. I'm excited in general! I mean, if I turn out not liking someting there's a whole lot more that i can like. I really like that battle sprites move a lot more, those static ones were kinda stiff.
    But Hoenn did essentially the same thing. I'm guessing its that Hoenn was the first major change for the franchise.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2024
    Hoenn was hated because everyone was too busy whining, "They removed my favorite Pokemon, X, but kept Zubat/etc. !?

Also, its art style was different. People had their nostalgia goggles a little too tight, so they couldn't appreciate the fact that they were still fun, even if they were different.

The second thing is applicable to this generation as well, as can be seen around the forums. It's just that people fail to realize that change doesn't equal bad.

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
    Wow.

I really like these games, and so far Isshu is my favorite region by far. I seem to be one of the few people that DOES, at least in my life...But whatever! These Pokemon are awesome to me! These characters are awesome (especially Cheren, he's the first cool guy with glasses in Pokemon :D ) these events and graphics and features...I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS GAME!

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I believe that an all new Pokedex pretty much rules out an evo/pre-evo ideas people were getting.

Not necessarily. We could see pre-evos/evos after the National Dex. The Regional Dex could just be filled with brand new Pokemon, however I imagine that doesn't necessarily mean we won't see more new Pokemon once the National Dex is open, that including possible evos and pre-evos.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    But Hoenn did essentially the same thing. I'm guessing its that Hoenn was the first major change for the franchise.

No, KANTO did that. Got rid of every Pokemon before it and made a fresh new start. (Or just the start, your pick)

Honestly, I hate Zubat, they're going to make something more annoying.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    No, KANTO did that. Got rid of every Pokemon before it and made a fresh new start. (Or just the start, your pick)

Honestly, I hate Zubat, they're going to make something more annoying.

Kanto can't count in this as it was the beginning of the series, the originator. Hoenn was the first time they had a fresh new start.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
    Hehe silly people.
    While they did make a completely new Pokedex full of new Pokemon,
    Don't you think that a new"Ratatta" or "Tentacool" or "Zubat" would take its place?

I get the feeling that after the one Month that everyone plays it, that "New feeling will die down" and they will feel the same way about the Pokemon stated above to the ones in their place.

I feel its only natural.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2010
    @Karel

thats actually how it goes LOL. dont u admit when theres soemthing new and u cant get ur hands on it u'll be excited as hell? and when u do get ur hands on it. it'll take u 1-3days to get bored of it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2024
    Hehe silly people.
    While they did make a completely new Pokedex full of new Pokemon,
    Don't you think that a new"Ratatta" or "Tentacool" or "Zubat" would take its place?

I get the feeling that after the one Month that everyone plays it, that "New feeling will die down" and they will feel the same way about the Pokemon stated above to the ones in their place.

I feel its only natural.

It's hilarious that you mention Rattata and Zubat specifically, two of the Pokemon we know the replacements of, Minezumi and Koromori, respectively.

chimcharsfireworks

Lennetto Region Champion
    Years
    My main thing, is that I hope that there is more to do after the pokemon league. I hated HGSS because once I beat it, it just gathered dust on my shelve. I'm at 473 owned in my pokedex right now, so I'm almost completely done. I want a game like platinum where I can play it for 232 hours and still be fun. I play pokemon a lot. I have 458 hours and 27 minutes on my crystal version.

Starting over will be good for the franchise. I like to challenge myself by raising pokemon that aren't that great and making them into powerhouses that I can beat anyone with. Sure Zubat are annoying, but they put it in there for a reason. The future of pokemon is looking promising, but won't please everyone. That's how it is with any game, movie or anything they make sequels of!

Cobalt'Scizor

Wannabe Spriter/ROM Hacker
    Years
    Gen 3 all over again. I do not want to be severely restricted and told "You can't use those 493 Pokemon to beat the game, here use these 150." I want a combination of old and new to beat the game with, and not have to wait until afterwards, when I don't even need to use them. Seriously, postgame stuff is just filler. If I'm going to "use" a Pokemon, I want it as part of my team that I raise throughout my journey to beat the League. Gen 3 severely limited your Pokemon and is ridiculed even today for it (though it also had a horrendous region), and considering about 80% of the Gen 5 designs are absolutely vomit-inducing, I'd want the option of catching some old favorites to raise in Isshu as well.

There are about 50 other things they could do to revitalize and "freshen up" the series...this is not one of them.

That is what the Pokeshifter is for. Throughout the game, if you want some of your old Pokemon, 'shift' them.

And I agree with chimcharsfireworks, my first Pokemon game was FireRed and I have about 300 hours on that, my second game was Ruby and I have about 200 hours on that.

This will influence more game time, as more Pokemon would want me to catch all of the new Pokemon, because on my SS, I got bored of catching at around 300 Pokemon, and I probably won't complete the International Dex on Black/White, but I will try my hardest to complete the Reigonal one.

Back