• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lillie, the center of the plot?

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    While the idea that the UB are created by Aether Corporation would be really neat, they'd need a reason why they made the UB to look like Lillie as opposed to, say, Lusamine.

And someone on another thread pointed out that when UB-01 appears before the player, they're in the Aether Corporation and Lusamine and Hau are there, but not Lillie. That also strikes me as suspicious.

Well, Lusamine and Lillie would appear to be related; why wouldn't the former choose to "honour" her daughter/little sister by making her creation look like her? And Lillie could be literally anywhere when UB-01, in fact if she ran away because she didn't like the idea of the ultra beasts, or because she's afraid of them, it would make sense for her not to be there.

Basically I've seen nothing that supports the idea that they may be the same thing other than the visual similarity, which could just as easily be explained by UB01 being deliberately made to resemble Lillie, or even something like UB01 attempting to avoid being attacked by resembling something it's seen humans cherishing (a child) - it is said that it has basic survival instincts after all, maybe it's just attempting to camouflage itself (poorly) by mimicking Lillie's appearance.

I'm not saying that UB01 and Lillie definitely aren't the same thing, only that the evidence doesn't make this the only reasonable option.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'm not saying that UB01 and Lillie definitely aren't the same thing, only that the evidence doesn't make this the only reasonable option.

That's a fair point but there's nothing to suggest the UB's are artificial, either. So, since we can all generally agree that it's not coincidence that Lillie and UB-01 look alike, either: Lillie is artificial; UB-01 (and other UB's perhaps?) is artificial; or they are one and the same. If they are both organic and separate beings, then there has to be some reason why UB-01's primary appearance is so heavily based on Lillie.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    That's a fair point but there's nothing to suggest the UB's are artificial, either. So, since we can all generally agree that it's not coincidence that Lillie and UB-01 look alike, either: Lillie is artificial; UB-01 (and other UB's perhaps?) is artificial; or they are one and the same. If they are both organic and separate beings, then there has to be some reason why UB-01's primary appearance is so heavily based on Lillie.

I'm not sure why UB01 being artificial would mean that Lillie is artificial? Lillie could just be an ordinary girl, and UB01 a synthetic creature made by the Aether foundation (or whoever) to look like her (for what purpose I don't know).

Or Lillie could be a normal human and UB01 a separate being, man-made or organic, that has chosen to look like her for the purposes of protection/fitting in. We are told that UB01 can change it's shape at will. Perhaps it just mimicks any human it encounters, and the Lillie-shape is just the one that happens to have been depicted in the promotional material so far.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'm not sure why UB01 being artificial would mean that Lillie is artificial? Lillie could just be an ordinary girl, and UB01 a synthetic creature made by the Aether foundation (or whoever) to look like her (for what purpose I don't know).

Or Lillie could be a normal human and UB01 a separate being, man-made or organic, that has chosen to look like her for the purposes of protection/fitting in. We are told that UB01 can change it's shape at will. Perhaps it just mimicks any human it encounters, and the Lillie-shape is just the one that happens to have been depicted in the promotional material so far.

That's what I meant. Either Lillie is artificial, or UB-01 is artificial, or they're the same being.

In regards to your latter idea, if that's the case, then there must be a significant reason why the "Lillie shape" was the one used in the artwork and shown in the encounter in the Japanese trailer. I feel like they put too much of a focus on Lillie during her initial reveal for UB-01's appearance to be little more than a red herring.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Serebii Joe was comparing everyone's speculation of Lillie being UB-01 to the speculation of N being a Zoroark and said, "the more things change, the more they stay the same."

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Serebii Joe was comparing everyone's speculation of Lillie being UB-01 to the speculation of N being a Zoroark and said, "the more things change, the more they stay the same."

But N doesn't actually look that much like a Zoroark, whereas the similarities between UB-01 and Lillie are absolutely uncanny. Even UB-01's longer tendrils fan out to look like Lillie's legs. All N has to look like Zoroark is... well he has a ponytail...

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    I wouldn't rely on Joe a lot, the guy has spent his time trying to debunk every single theories and leaks. He says that everything that isn't revealed by Nintendo/TPC is to be considered fake, so...

But even if Lillie is not UB-01, there HAS to be a link between the two, they look so alike it has to mean something.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I wouldn't rely on Joe a lot, the guy has spent his time trying to debunk every single theories and leaks. He says that everything that isn't revealed by Nintendo/TPC is to be considered fake, so...

But even if Lillie is not UB-01, there HAS to be a link between the two, they look so alike it has to mean something.

Let's be honest though, Joe is usually right. He's done this enough times to spot what's right and wrong, and he's skeptical because just because something seems real doesn't mean it is. Waiting till official confirmation is never a bad thing. Also Joe gets a lot of inside info, he probably knows most about the game right now, even if he doesn't fully believe it yet. Of course he's not gonna give that away though.

I honestly don't see Lilie being UB 02. But it's possible. I feel there's definitely a link between all of this, but it's not going to be what we think. Pokémon wouldn't make it that obvious, especially if they seem to be trying with a plot this time.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    Crazy Idea: Lilly being artificial, not the "real" Lilly (maybe she was sick or whatsoever) and UB being the failed experimentation before her.

Ok, it's just a wild guess, pretty it wouldn't be that, but we never know.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I hope we get to catch every pokemon, it would suck if some were uncatchable.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Nah, there's bound to be a group of Pokemon that are going to be uncatchable. It happens in every Pokemon game, ever. Otherwise, what would be the point of Pokemon Bank existing?

But that's going into a whole different topic at hand when the current one is about Lillie herself, so let's get back on track, here. :P
    I don't expect 800+ pokemon in one game, but I don't want the new ones to be uncatchable till gen 8. Old ones are probably gonna be picked at random.

Back