• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Limiting the party in double battles

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2018
    In double battles you can switch and use all your six pokemon like if you were in single battles but you also have a partner so you can have a max of 12 pokemon per battle, I would like for the player and his partner to only being able to use three pokemon each so that way between the two they can make a regular team of six pokemon.

I figured two ways to get this idea working:

The first will be simply using fl's pokemon selecion script to make the player choose three pokemon before you get a partner, the problem is that if you catch a pokemon it will go into the party and ruin everything, I think the best way to solve this will be to make a script that sends the catched pokemon directly into the pc without checking the party but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

The other way I figured was to simply set the hp of the last three pokemon to 0 before the the start of a double battle, there's two problems with this, the first is that your partner will heal all your pokemon after each battle so you will have to see your pokemon get healed and faint every time you get into a fight and here we have the second problem: it will be very distracting, you know having half your team fainted for no reason everytime you check your party.
    If only there was a way to hide the last pokemon or maybe show your partner's pokemon instead of yours that will make my day.

I tried a lot of things but nothing worked, that's why I started this thread, if you could help me then you will me make very happy :D.

Thank you for reading my bad english, have a nice day.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    You could always edit FL's script...
    Why not add a condition using my force to box script:
    Code:
      def self.restore(*args)
        hasSavedTeam=($PokemonGlobal.pokemonSelectionOriginalParty!=nil)
        if hasSavedTeam
          if $Trainer.party>=4
            for i in 3...5
              if $Trainer.party[i]
                thispkmn=$Trainer.party[i]
                $PokemonStorage.pbStoreCaught(thispkmn)
                $Trainer.party.delete_at(i)
              end
            end
          end
          $Trainer.party=$PokemonGlobal.pokemonSelectionOriginalParty
          $PokemonGlobal.pokemonSelectionOriginalParty=nil
        end
        return hasSavedTeam
      end
    end
    I think it should work lol

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    At PokeBattle_BattlePeer change line 'if player.party.length<6 ' to 'if player.party.length<($game_switches[82] ? 3 : 6)'. This way, when switch 82 is ON and you catch a pokémon having 3 or more pokémon at party, the pokémon caught goes to storage. Untested.

EDIT: Wow, PokéCommunity is messing even this post! Now I guess that I fixed this.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2018
    At PokeBattle_BattlePeer change line 'if player.party.length<6 ' to 'if player.party.length<($game_switches[82] ? 3 : 6)'. This way, when switch 82 is ON and you catch a pokémon having 3 or more pokémon at party, the pokémon caught goes to storage. Untested.

EDIT: Wow, PokéCommunity is messing even this post! Now I guess that I fixed this.
    Thank you, it worked perfectly :D

Back