• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Loch Ness Monster.

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    I bet you people might be knowing about the creature believed to be inhabiting in Loch Ness in the Scottish Highlands. Popular interest and belief in the animal has fluctuated since it was brought to the world's attention in 1933. Evidence of its existence is largely anecdotal, with minimal and much disputed photographic material and sonar readings.The scientific community regards the Loch Ness Monster as a modern-day myth, and explains sightings as a mix of hoaxes and wishful thinking. Despite this, it remains one of the most famous examples of cryptozoology. It has been cutely referred to been nessie.

So do you guys believe in her, and think that all the things are just an hoax..?

got anything proof or whatever articles or anything legible for debating it's existense this is the right place, just do not spam and go off-topic and respect each others opinion.

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
    Well, personally. I don't think it exists. But it is possible seeing how theres new things being discovered all the time. But until a reasonable legit photo shows up that isn't blurry, i might change my mind.

inhisxeyes

resident crazy.
    Years
    I believe Nessie exists. I mean, they just discovered like, 41 new species of frogs in the Amazon that they had no clue even existed. Plus the several thousand leatherback (or was it lager head?) sea turtles they found on a beach in Gabon? We don't know half as much as what we think we do about this world.
    Every time we think we know something, Nature laughs in our faces and throws us another curve ball. Nessie's out there.

Years
    I believe Nessie exists. I mean, they just discovered like, 41 new species of frogs in the Amazon that they had no clue even existed. Plus the several thousand leatherback (or was it lager head?) sea turtles they found on a beach in Gabon? We don't know half as much as what we think we do about this world.
    Every time we think we know something, Nature laughs in our faces and throws us another curve ball. Nessie's out there.

All well and good, but given that Loch Ness covers an area less than 60 km² and every part of it has been explored it's impossible for the Loch Ness Monster to exist. =|

Numerous expeditions have been launched, and none have found concrete proof of the monster's existence, and along with the fact that the creature would be at least seventy years old by now if the earliest sighting is to be believed I can see no way for the Loch Ness Monster to exist.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I haven't read much into it, myself, but I think it's plausible that Nessie does- or at least did- exist. I would have to see what such things would have eaten, though. that's a big indicator, especially for such a big beastie.

s l u g

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    There have been a lot of evidences but at the same time lot of hoaxes to, and scientists deny it's existense either they can't accept being unable to make out a thing or they actually know it doesn't exist .

Btw anyone know about surgeons photo..? the first ever evidence.

Caina

Nankurunaisa
    Years
    Today in our modern era, it's hard to believe on " beliefs " since many people now are messing around and that's what drives people away into believing on something. Anyway, just like me who has been affected by those hoaxes, I 50% believe, 50% not.

If I can see some solid proofs, that'll boost my belief. :D

Years
    There have been a lot of evidences but at the same time lot of hoaxes to, and scientists deny it's existense either they can't accept being unable to make out a thing or they actually know it doesn't exist .

Btw anyone know about surgeons photo..? the first ever evidence.

Define "a lot of evidence." Because as far as I can see, all this so-called evidence was disproved. Practically all 'evidence' is anecdotal, as you acknowledge in your original post.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    What if the lake has caves? Just saying. But yeah I dunno it could it could not exist or exist. I'm more of a believer only cause I believe in the supernatural.

Bulletproof

This time baby I'll be...
    Years
    and I'll be going to the three bears' house with goldilocks in half an hour.
    lol, just a joke. but seriosuly, lochness monster does not exist imo, it's just like I used as an example, a fairytale.

for starters, loch ness in scotland is a tiny place that only happened to exist. it could just be a rumour some resident of the lonely place made up to get some fame for the poor place.

also, nobody, obviously, have ever seen one.

I don't really know much about this sort of thing, but all I do know is that if it did exist, it would surely be hunted down by so many keen yet foolish people to believe it.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I've hunted long and hard for it, and I finally found it. I even snapped a photo of it.

Loch Ness Monster.

s l u g

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    Well don't know about you guys, okay i admit it won't be able to survive such a cold place, that's what the researchers and all say, but what if it's something else..? i mean it can be a different type of fish or something.. cause long ago i remember a squid getting caught which was quite big and is one of it's kind and earned him the name " The Giant Squid ", i still hope that nessie does exist.

and Lol you Fox♠

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I don't actually really have a solid opinion on this but... I think it would be really cool if 'she' existed.
    It would be so... different and exciting. Do you think they would have tourist rides? :D

s l u g

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    Do you think they would have tourist rides? :D

Yeah because of Nessie, the place has become a regular tourist place, btw i don't about rides but yeah general tourist crowd do come in search of nessie :)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I thought maybe you could have a ride on Nessie and maybe get a T-shirt at the gift shop afterwards, saying 'I went for a tourist ride on Nessie' or something. :D Just an idea.

Years
    "20 men with binoculars and cameras were positioned around the Loch from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., starting 13 July 1934 and running for five weeks."

That must have been a barrel of laughs! XD

I don't really have an opinion on this.
    I don't think it exists now, but I have no reason to doubt that it could have existed.

There is a very low chance that it is alive now.
    But, in the 1800's 1900's, who knows!

s l u g

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    Yeah maybe it did exist and must have died soon.. coz we know that not all the creatures were wiped away in the Cretaceous–Tertiary extinction event some survived as in being crocs and alligs and other things.

s l u g

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    Ofcourse it's from the dino age.. probably an amphibian, cause it's said that amphibians survived the meteor crash.

Back