• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Loch Ness Monster.

Years
    Loch Ness Monster.

Loch Ness Monster.

Loch Ness Monster.

He could be real anything can happen. I think if they ever discoverd him or her they would do experiments on him or her.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    He could be real anything can happen. I think if they ever discoverd him or her they would do experiments on him or her.
    Exactly why it hasn't been found. Area 51 already got their hands on it. At least i hope so. I mean wouldn't it be cool to find out it is real?

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    "20 men with binoculars and cameras were positioned around the Loch from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., starting 13 July 1934 and running for five weeks."
    Who where these people? Did they have nothing else to do?
    I believe that there is a nessie, it's invisible and it breathes air every 5 weeks and 1 day, how cool is that theory then?

Years
    Well don't know about you guys, okay i admit it won't be able to survive such a cold place, that's what the researchers and all say, but what if it's something else..? i mean it can be a different type of fish or something.. cause long ago i remember a squid getting caught which was quite big and is one of it's kind and earned him the name " The Giant Squid ", i still hope that nessie does exist.

But that's still ignoring the fact that Loch Ness is a tiny body of water - it contains something like 1/200,000,000th of all the world's water. If such a huge 'monster' can live in that habitat it'd be widespread.

Oh, and regarding the photos: all of them have been proved to be hoaxes.

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
    i believe in nessie....but of course it may just be wishful thinking on my part...but i did see a thing on tv where they did a huge search using lots of boats and sonar and things like that...and they said that they found nothing....so idk...i hope nessie is real...cause that would be cool..

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Evidence of its existence is largely anecdotal, with minimal and much disputed photographic material and sonar readings.
    There have been a lot of evidences but at the same time lot of hoaxes to,
    Self-contradiction. Be sure to understand your source(s) before continuing a discussion.

This is known as the surgeon's photograph and is a proven fake.
    Btw anyone know about surgeons photo..? the first ever evidence.
    See above.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Obviously, most people these days would only believe if they see it. I, however, am a believer.

Everyday, scientists learn and discover new things. Something like this just doesn't happen after hundreds of experiments, or years of research. I really can't support the existence of the Loch Ness Monster with all my heart, but I can also say that just because a group of smart, old men states that such things don't exist, does that make me think the same thing?

I mean, just know, they discovered a prehistoric fossil of something that was related to us Humans, which could be the missing link between Humans and Apes. I'm sure that decades ago, scientists was saying that such thing was impossible, but today or yesterday, something actually proved them wrong. What would say that such thing won't happen again to the Loch Ness Monster?

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Loch. Loch Ness Monster.

Are you saying that the old guys do make you believe it, or they don't? I can't tell.

PokemonFanatic2

Under the rainbow
    Years
    Well, some people beleived the loch ness monster was just elephants swimming, but since elephants don't live in scotland, they scratched that out. I beleive that the loch ness monster exists, and we might have not had solid proof yet because humans can't go more then 30 feet under the water or they are crushed by the water pressure, so the loch ness monster might live really deep in the water and only come out and get food or see the sun or something.

I myself beleive that the myth is real though.

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    Self-contradiction. Be sure to understand your source(s) before continuing a discussion.

Sorry for that.. :\

Belief is not proof as you all say, but scientific evidence also does not proof that nessie isn't real, i believe by the next decade we should have scientific evidence too, and ok if she doesn't exist so who was underneath the water whenever people sighted something ok even if not ness, couldn't it be something else..?

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    I think Nessie is a link between our previous Aquatic Dinosaurs in the Jurassic Era...

Because of the recent proofs that this... Thing... Exists, i don't think it's still a hoax...

P.S. - It might be in your ordinary Village lake... :)

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    No one can deny that the cave paintings done by ancient Celtic people look extremely similar to the Dinosaurs we "know" to have lived millions of years before humans did.

I think this truth can settle this argument quite nicely. Will we cover our ears and simply believe Science's "facts" or will we see that we actually understand and know so little? Science has been wrong more than once, even with so called facts.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Well, there has been many theories in how a huge plesiosaurs have gotten in the loch(and survive the disaster in the Late Cretaceous period) . Like after the melting of the glaciers that eventually forms the loch, the surviving plesiosaurs then travels the gap that joins the loch to the sea. And it managed to escape detention over the eons. But it's a theory, not a fact. But there are many scientific findings over the past years, which includes the corpse of a mysterious thing which has been discovered accidentally by a Jap fishing boat over the loch. Those findings can be promising.

I still believe there's something big lurking beneath that loch. And never argue with me. It's just my opinion.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2021
    I literally laughed when I saw this thread.
    Nessie is merely a myth, a tourist attraction for Inverness. All of the pictures above have been proved as hoaxes - as mentioned by various other people.
    It's very unlikely that there is a creature of said proportions lurking in the lake. Whether or not people have found "unusual artefacts;" it's still no proof that there is in fact a Loch Ness Monster. Plus, people dig up bizarre things all the time (this is directed at Rigel), so why would one thing from a loch with a supposed monster in it be any different? It's not.

But then again, all of this is just my opinion on the matter, not attempting to start an argument, I'm just justifying my point.

So, all in all, no, I do not believe the Loch Ness Monster exists. (And yeah, I'm Scottish.)

Years
    ...and we might have not had solid proof yet because humans can't go more then 30 feet under the water or they are crushed by the water pressure, so the loch ness monster might live really deep in the water and only come out and get food or see the sun or something.

You do realise that humans have been to the bottom of the Mariana Trench, which is about 1,200 times as deep as your purported 30 feet limit? Not to mention that men and women have gone much deeper than 30 feet with free-diving. The bottom line is, if you're going to say stuff to make yourself sound smart, make sure it's actually correct before you say it.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    NESSIE IS CLEARLY A HE. KTHXBAI

I don't believe in Nessie, it's just not possible.

Nessie would have to breed with another plesiosaurus, assuming theres at least 3 different plesiosaurs out there in the same lake. Don't forget how much they were supposed to eat, and to be honest, the quantity is huge.
    So, yeah.

Edit:
    Emily said:
    Nessie is merely a myth, a tourist attraction for Inverness. All of the pictures above have been proved as hoaxes - as mentioned by various other people.
    That pretty much beat the point of the thread. EMILY = WINNER.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2010
    The photo looks odd.
    The creature has an odd cut-off aswell. Where it meets the sea, I mean.
    I don't believe.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    nope i don't believe, from what i understand, Loch ness isn't that big. So how would it Harbor a population of giant animals. Food would run out and the gene pool too small and it would die off, even if it was there, it wouldn't have made it this long.

Back