• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Loki's Lovely Art Gallery?

Loki

x
Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Lovely is tentative. ;<

Anyway, at the moment, I only have one -good- work to show, but I've got 6 other drawings to ink(maybe) and color, so those'll come as soon as I get unlazy.

The first one I'll be showing y'all is a fanart of Prince Zuko from Avatar the Last Airbender. It was an art trade with my friend Sarah, and she's a crazy Zuko fan. ;3

It doesn't really look like him, but hey. <_<

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I drew it, scanned it in, and then colored it on photoshop. :3

Thank you for the compliment~! :D

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh... Face Burn is on the wrong side of the face xD.

Other than that, nice coloring :3 I like the flowers on the kimono too, adds some nice detail =3

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    unit101: UWAH! YOU'RE RIGHT! X_O ...Oh well. :/ I guess I wasn't paying much attention to my reference picture. xD

Thank you~! The flowers actually took the longest, because I kept trying to find a texture for it. After an hour, I was like, "FORGET IT" and just brushed it on.

Gummy: Thank you, and it's actually not shading, it's a gradient. xD; I was too lazy to do anything to his hair, because I'm a lazy artist like that.

This is the sketch of what I'm working on right now, burned so that you can see the lines. I draw most of my stuff on lined paper, so the previews'll have lines across it, sorry. xD;

Yeah, I know his left hand is weird... and I might chop it off on the finished product or fix it while I'm coloring/inking it. xD;

Last edited:

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Loki does art :O Are you turning into Forest Grovyle xP
    Love the Kurenai / xxHolic style of art… btw is that a scar on his right eye?

dragonarche

Is back :D
    Years
  • Good job needs work
    i wish i can display my work but i dont have a scanner or a camera
    wait i got a camera
    all i need to do is find it

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Zomg...Zuko is luff. <33 Like unit's said, his scar is on the wrong side but you can just flip it in Photoshop, so no biggie. xD; I envy your colouring abilities too, you do it so well. So vibrant and jello-y. *w*

And I love the pose and expression in the sketch, plus the shoulder barcode just exuberates novelty. Lovely~

Last edited:

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    I know i should make my own thread for this but because of my lack of time + im on finals i wont be able to draw that much for the time so i will just show u here an style you could try for your next one :3

OMG RUN ITS TEH ATTACK OF THE LINKZ!~

Its much cuter and a bit less stylized (and yes i know it has some proportion problems and one eye is bigger than the other one but bear with me for a wee =.=)
    That's from the anime Mabani Straight, check its style i think Zuko would look cool like this <3 <3 <3 <3

On you're second drawing i think you made the neck wee too long xD also you should not make the inner side of the arm (where the right one starts) like the outter ones since if you look your arm the side you see with muscles is the outside xD Left arm goes ok all the way down untill DUN DUN DUN! there goes the mikro thumb + its other rare little fingers well that's all i can say for now.
    Its just to wait untill you finish coloring it, i will most likely start my album after finals (not this tuesday but next one i finish and GOD i will feel so good when it all ends =.=)

Unit101~

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • Hey Loki! Didn't know you could Draw now!
    Anyway, unit101's right, he does have a kinda long neck.... and the Zuko one is pretty cool, but the colours are kind of flat.. Try more Shading.
    Anyway, nice work.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    munna: Yeeeah, that's a scar. xD; Thanks though! And definitely not Forest Grovyle, she's so amazing at everything it's like, who could even compare? x_o

khan: Um. Okay. xD Thanks, and if you want to display your art, please... um... do it elsewhere. xD;

Phanima: Flipping it isn't really... going to work. xD; Since it's not the actual piece of scar, it's the scar that's colored around his hair, and since his hair and eyes and stuff are different on the other side, I can't just flip it, I'd have to re-do it. :/ Oh well, the person who requested it from me didn't notice when I gave her the original, so it's all good. |D

The barcode! 8D I looove doing barcode tattoo's. <3 Glad you like it. |D

unit101: Thank you for the suggestion, but chibi-ish styles don't work out well for me. xD;;; I mean like... seriously. *shot* I just don't understand the cuteness, how the curves go, my hand just doesn't like chibi. xD;

and I really abhor that style of eyes in anime. <_<

The thumb and fingers are an issue, I know. xD; I'll probably actually fix that on the actual sketch and re-scan it. I was running out of time because the Drivers Ed class was ending, so I was like, "Gotta finish, otherwise I'll be distracted by the computer when I get home! D:<" xDD Probably would've actually drawn out the entire hand before adding the wrist warmer if I'd had time. I'll probably do that though, thank you~!

Holy crap he does have a long neck. o_o I knew something was off with the picture. xDD!

Poke'd: Shading is the enemy of life. <_< *SHOT* Yeah, I don't do well with shading, so I've been sticking to subtle gradients and flat colors. :/ I tried a little more shading in my most recent art, which is right underneath this~ Thanks for commenting! x3

Wow, I'm not sure I like the way this turned out, but I like the shading on it. The inking is really messy, and that's because I did it with my tablet. <_< *was too lazy to ink with the pentool* So basically from top to bottom, other than the brushes on his shirt and headband, everything is tablet tablet tablet. For. The. Lose. xD

Again, no background because I hate backgrounds. And, is it just me, or is his skin a little yellowish? o_O

Last edited:

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    The skin is ok, you might get that feeling because of the hair (or your monitor doesn't display well the colors. And seriously, WORK ON THE NECKS. You're making them half the head size, try making it 1/4 of the head size and it might look better, i know that everyone draws on their own style because they like how it looks but i think that looks like sooo abnormal, like it could break any moment 0.0

Other than that, the hood's outline should be better ]: way better.

I have a lil sketch that i bet will help you on the future (its better if its right now =.=) on your drawings another link. As you can admire in the sketch the head is the main source of measure, neck is 1/4 of the head's size, body is 2 times the head size, from shoulders to wrist it 2 heads in size, from thy till ankle is 3 heads and lastly hands and feets are depending on the measurement you used (as you know it wont always be in the same position so it will never have the same size when we talk about hands and feets but the rest is MOST of the time the same thing).

You can practice doing sketch's like this to improve (well when i start a drawing i go like this first hehe) and i think that you can be better, WAY better just by trying this.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    unit101: ...Eurgh. xDDD As much as I know how that sketch is anatomically correct, the sizes make me cringe, since I prefer a long, lanky look. I use a head as measure for main body shots, but when I look at the linked sketch my eyes register "Fat", so I actually don't think I could use that for help without lamenting over the weight. x_o Though I appreciate the notion, I'm just very stubborn on the point of my anatomy. xD;

The necks though, I agree on, and I'm trying to work on it. I already sized it down a bit in the Yukimi one. I think it might be more a case of the fact that his neck is too skinny? I noticed that when I was drawing it, since to me, it's not 'too-long that it'll break', it's 'too-skinny that it doesn't support the size of the head'. I measured with my own neck and face to compare, and it's definitely too long, but it's not quite as exaggerated as the gist I'm getting. xD;

The hood- Oh. Wow, didn't even notice that. xDD I could probably fix it with shading, rather than actually changing the outline, but that's me not paying attention. :B

I'll probably change the way I start a drawing to the way a different artist does, so hopefully that'll help a bit, but shapes don't do me any good. The micro-fingers on the Shiki sketch above is what happens when I use shapes. xD; Although the new start approach I'm going to be using is hopefully going to help a little, since it does generally the same thing as the fat-shape-man, but accommodates a little better for style, so who knows. :/ I haven't been drawing lately though, and graphics has got me loathing photoshop, so it'll probably be awhile until the next time I put something up.

Anty

Just thought of going French..
    Years
  • For the first picture, Zuko, it looks really good. I love the shading and colouring. And it looks kinda like a cartoon Zuko.

For the second picture, nothing is wrong with it. It looks great! But with colour, it will look awesome. I wish I could draw as good as that...

For the third picture, Yukimi? It is a pretty good picture. No offence, but the neck kinda looks messed up. If you change it, it will look great. But its better than I could do. But the one thing bad is that, I don't know which anime/manga he is from.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Thank you. :> I actually thought the neck on the second drawing was way worse than on the Yukimi one. xD *but that was my fault, since I could really move it up and around after I realized it was funky. Since it was a sketch 'n all, but I'll see if I can fix it with photoshop, whenever I stop being so lazy*

As for Yukimi, I guess his neck really is messed up. xD;; I'll have to take a few more looks, cause I'm just not seeing it. Dunno why, it's baffling. Maybe my eyes are messed up. :B Anyway, Yukimi is from Nabari no Ou. ;D It's a great series.

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Just to clarify, its not fat looking xD here's the pics of the next 2 steps of that sketch

I don't think it is that fat xD most of the nowadays manga artist draw with this since its really effective in what we call shape and proportions, just gotta be a little imaginative.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Daaang unit. o_o That was ungodly more useful than I thought it'd be. I eat my words from before. While I probably won't be sketching any of those myself, it was really nice for this full-body shot I needed to draw for YZ. So thank you, for that. ;D *Though I did stretch/skew it considerably, since I still think it's fat. xD!*

Everything by tablet, and he doesn't have any shoes because.... well... I haven't decided what kind of shoes he's wearing in the RP yet. xD; And his capris/shorts are kind of half-assed, sorry. x_o I forgot to color the buttons and stuff, but I think it looks fine as it is for now, so I'll probably update this drawing once the actual RP sign-ups kick into gear.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Oh god, you're right. O_O *those hips are seriously disturbing* I'll definitely try and fix that... *hopefully I can do it. <_<*

Thanks for the mention on the shorts, it's the first time I've ever successfully done a pair of cargo-anything. xD

Anyway, someone pointed out that his left arm is too thick, and I agree, so I'll be fixing that too. Hopefully, because that arm gave me so much trouble. <_< *had to redraw the sleeve and arm a gazillion times before I was finally moderately satisfied*

No shoes, at the moment. xD I have to practice drawing shoes first, and then I have to figure out what kind of shoes I want on him. I was thinking a pair of backless tennis shoes, but the only kind of shoes I can moderately eek out is converse. :/ We'll see though.

Thanks for commenting. ^^

Back