• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LOL of the week

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    What kind of typo is that? xD How funny, I wish I wasn't in such a tense, though not really tense mood. Because if I was relaxed, I would be ROFLing xD

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Omg lol

That's just terrible. I know some people write things by accident when they're thinking / talking to someone, though. It happens to me often.

Maybe the writer was talking about people and he wrote down "people" instead of "pepper".

Stairmaster

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    I would not have spent $20,000 reprinting those. I'd be surprised if anyone would've noticed, and if they had, I'd tell them to kiss my fat ass.

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    I think significantly less people would laugh if he actually meant to say that. o.o

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I must aquire this book!

In fairness if it had being white pepper instead of black, no one would of cared, in fact I';m sure 99% of people dont care about this frankly funny mistake, it's just the Political Correctness mob.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    I'd laugh if anyone actually took that error seriously :P

I saw this on the TV recently. Classic xD

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    I'm assuming he wrote what he was thinking...? XD

As the publisher, I'd be very very embarassed.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Originally I felt bad for the editor(s) and proofreader(s) because, to be honest, they're the ones at fault, but in that article (or the one I read, anyway), the publisher specifically said it was a mistake and that their proofreaders really couldn't be held responsible because it's such a tough job on a book like that. Which it is, because really, checking every single line to make sure it reads properly in a cookbook... ugggh. XD; I'm glad they're going out of their way to reprint some copies quickly after a fluke like that but I'm even more glad they aren't recalling every single book. They're just casually sending the new ones off and giving them to people who bought the first print free of charge, should they complain. That is awesome business. :)

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    This deserves epic lulz. I can't imagine how no editor saw that bit, or if they did why they didn't have the common sense to change it.

RACISM IS STILL RAMPANT!!!11!!1!!!!1! lol

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    This deserves epic lulz. I can't imagine how no editor saw that bit, or if they did why they didn't have the common sense to change it.

RACISM IS STILL RAMPANT!!!11!!1!!!!1! lol
    Um, fairly easily, actually. Go find a cookbook. Now read every single line of it and check for typos. Not so easy, huh? That's basically what someone had to do and it looks like they slipped up. :P Honestly, though it's their fault, I can't really blame 'em, haha.

Back