• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Look! It's a Flock of Pidgey!

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
  • If Pokemon existed in our world, what Pokemon would you see walking around town, or looking outside your window?
    Actually, that's a bit wide-ranged... How about a specific region?
    If I lived in Unova, Pokemon that live near me would be:
    Pidove, obviously.
    Purrloin, there's a lot of those wandering along the streets here. >_>
    Snivy, considering it as a snake.
    Patrat
    Lillipup
    Drilbur
    Sewaddle
    Basculin
    Trubbish (Basically pollution)
    Minccino
    Ducklett
    LOTS OF Deerling
    Foongus XD
    Joltik (Just spiders)
    Durant
    and Larvesta.
    I didn't really include human Pokemon or Pokemon that don't really look like any animal. XD
    Alright, so which Pokes live near you? Remember to specify the region you're talking about.

Last edited:

Amuse

N.E.E.T.
    Years
  • Hmmm...that´s a tough one. I´d have to say Pidove since there´s always birds around. And Unfeazent if I walked a little bit from my appartment. Also, since there are cats around sometimes Purrloin could be an option.

Atlas.

Carrier of the Heavens.
    Years
  • It would have to be Pidove....there are so many Pidgins in London I feel like I have to watch where I step.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I'd see a bunch of Wingull everywhere and I'd hate my life. D: Seagulls are irritatingly common around here and I don't like them at all. I'd probably see a few random Purrloin on my lawn since some of my neighbours like to let their cats out from time to time. Perhaps some Buneary eating out of my vegetable garden. >_>

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Rattata, Ratticate, Spinarak/Joltik, Purrloin, Stoutland, Herdier, and a bunch of Pidoves and Pidgeys. I don't like being region specific, tbh. I feel that it's some kind of racism. :U

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    I'd see a whole lot of ice type Pokemon, that's for sure. Plus some Deerlings and Sawsbucks. Our yard is like infested with deer. Maybe a few Teddiursas/Ursarings, too.

...I like steel type pokemon, so I'm not sure I'd like that. xD

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
  • Theres thousands of Pidove & Wingull around here. -.-
    I even own; An Arcanine (Irish Setter), two Glameows, three Rattatas and a Buneary.

Aurora Vulpix

Vulpix FTW
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2012
    Well...
    Can I mix regions? D:
    If so, I own a very hyper Skitty, and a Purrloin. My next door neighbour has a Lillipup and a Meowth.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    Here in Philippines, I think the pokemons that will live near our house or our neighborhood are: Rattatas, Pidgeys, Patrats, Lillipups, and mostly the dogs, rats and birds type of pokemons. This all my opinion though. Please no flaming :)

Wasen

The Wolf of Darkness
    Years
  • I think here where I live would be lots of Pidgey and Spearows. There would also been some pets like Growlithe, Lilipup, Purrloin, Meowth, Glameow, Blitzle and Ponytas.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • Hm, I'm gonna pick Kanto since I know it better than the other regions. Hm, there would Pidgey, Spearow, Growlithe, Meowth, Oddish, Poliwag, Magikarp, Goldeen, Seaking and Krabby.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Presumably a crapload of Pidgeys would be around pretty much everywhere. Lots of squirrels also tend to steal the nuts in the bird feeder, so Pachirisu would probably take their place. Meowths, Delcatties, Poochyenas and Herdiers would probably be kept as pets, so I'd certainly see at least the last two out and about on walks. At least one of the good things about being in the Pokeworld wold be that the foxes rummaging through my bin would be Vulpixes and Ninetaleses... well, unless you tried to interfere with their rummaging! Then you'd be sorry!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'd most likely live where these Pokemon are around:
    -Starly
    -Hoothoot
    -Tentacool
    -Frillish
    -Venipede
    -Sewaddle
    -Darmanitan
    -Braviary
    -Lillipup
    -Meowth
    -Trubbish
    -Ekans, Arbok

Years
  • We have a lot of insects, rodents, and amphibians here, but otherwise wildlife isn't common besides birds and squirrels. Dragonflies, frogs, and toads are all over in spring, so... Yanma, Croagunk, Rattata, Poliwag, etc. We nearly ran over a Vulpix the other night, too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm living in Ireland near a small town but there's a good few fields around too.....so lets see now:

Growlithe
    Lillipup
    Meowth
    Mareep
    Miltank
    Tauros
    Ponyta
    Magikarp
    Basculin
    Pidgey
    Rattata
    Numel
    Buneary
    Misdreavus (Well they are like the banshee of the pokemon world)
    Caterpie
    Weedle
    Oddish
    Budew/Roselia

That's what I think would live around here, not what I'd want. (except for Numel, I'd import a flock of them especially to populate my area)

Really though, if pokemon really were in our world the variety would probably actually be fairly diverse. Maybe more than I listed. No doubt nearly every bird, fish and bug pokemon would find themselves everywhere

sg3360

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
  • Hmm... Zorua's maybe (normal foxes though :L)... Purrloins, Lillipups, your average kind of pokemon like pidgys and pidoves etc.... in town though there'd be Duckletts and Swanna's everywhere as well as a few other common pokemon :L

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • Here in Arizona there would be a lot of Cacneas and a few Cacturne. Plenty of Pidgeys and Spearows. Here in my apartment complex there would be a bunch of Meowths, Skittys, and Lilipups.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • I would have a lot of deerling and sawsbuck, some Pidove. I really don't know... Probably some Furrets too. Oh and lots of Parichu Pikachu and such.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    -Lilipup
    -Herdier
    -Stoutland
    -Purrloin
    -Growlithe
    -Arcanine
    -Tailow
    -Swellow