• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] "Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2018
I don't post all my good pulls, but I had some amazing luck yesterday.

Bought 3 boosters. One Steam Siege, One Guardians rising, One Crimson Invasion

Pulled a Steelix Ex, Lycanroc GX, and the full-art, ultra-rare Warp Energy.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2018
Couple more good pulls from Shining Legends boosters:

Shining Jirachi and Mewtwo GX.

I'm having really good luck lately.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
GameStop was having a sale today, most of their promo boxes and 3 pack pin blisters were marked down half price the original price then on sale half price the sale price, so for example they had the Johto beasts pin blisters for about 3 dollars each, as well as the Incineroar/Decidueye/Primarina full art collection boxes for 12 dollars, they also had Guardians Rising elite trainer boxes for 12 dollars but those were sold out.

I opened a few of the ones I bought today. Will open the other ones later.

I opened the Legacy Evolution box for the first time, it was 5.99 on sale. I pulled Steelix Full art, Clefairy Holo, Gigalith Holo and Shiftry Holo.

Primarina Gx collection: Sylveon Gx, Zoroark Break, M Mewtwo X full art, Chandelure holo
Incineroar Gx collection: Tauros Rainbow Rare, Yanmega Break, Gyarados holo, Victini holo
I've opened 5 of the pin blisters, 2 had nothing, but the other 3 had Pyroar Break, M Steelix Ex, Umbreon Gx and Talonflame Break.

Most were duplicate pulls except the Sylveon Gx and the Tauros rainbow rare.

I also opened a Marshadow figure box a week ago and pulled a Guzzlord full art and a Necrozma Gx.

Oh and to update the tins, I opened the rest after my last post, in all the tins I opened I pulled 2 full arts, Brock and Tapu Koko.

Last edited:
Years
ETBs were $12?! Should've gone to GameStop today...

Opened a Shining Legends Pikachu Pin Collection box today.

Pack 1: Shining Arceus 57/73
Pack 2: Zekrom, Pokemon Breeder, Lillie, Ultra Ball
Pack 3: Hoopa, Energy Retrieval

Not terrible.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened the rest of the Gamestop products I originally bought on the 1st, pulled Alolan Ninetales Gx, Syleveon Gx #2, M Pidgeot Ex, Tauros Gx and Dragonite Ex.

Today I went back to GameStop, all clearance products were sold out. However I noticed the single packs for Sun and Moon and Guardians Rising were restocked.

I grabbed 5 packs from the middle of the row of packs from two hooks, 5 of each set. 10 total.

I pulled Poliwrath Holo, Drampa Holo, Gumshoos Gx, Wishiwashi Gx, Hala full art, Team Skull Grunt full art.

Weirdly I pulled 1 holo, 1 Gx and 1 full art trainer from each set... Not sure but I wonder if the rest of the packs have holos or better in every other pack on the racks... Probably not but kind of want to go back.

I have only pulled 5 full art trainers from sun and moon on but unfortunately 2 of them are duplicates including the Hala. Will probably buy the full art trainers I want singly online since those are my favorite cards from each set and they are extremely hard to pull.

Last edited:
Years
Today's pack was a Shining Legends Mewtwo Pin box.

Pack 1: reverse holo Double Colorless Energy, Marshadow
Pack 2: reverse holo Damage Mover, Yveltal, Energy Retrieval
Pack 3: Super Scoop Up, Zoroark GX 53/73

Soild pulls. Good with rares.

I opened the rest of the Gamestop products I originally bought on the 1st, pulled Alolan Ninetales Gx, Syleveon Gx #2, M Pidgeot Ex, Tauros Gx and Dragonite Ex.

Today I went back to GameStop, all clearance products were sold out. However I noticed the single packs for Sun and Moon and Guardians Rising were restocked.

I grabbed 5 packs from the middle of the row of packs from two hooks, 5 of each set. 10 total.

I pulled Poliwrath Holo, Drampa Holo, Gumshoos Gx, Wishiwashi Gx, Hala full art, Team Skull Grunt full art.

Weirdly I pulled 1 holo, 1 Gx and 1 full art trainer from each set... Not sure but I wonder if the rest of the packs have holos or better in every other pack on the racks... Probably not but kind of want to go back.

I have only pulled 5 full art trainers from sun and moon on but unfortunately 2 of them are duplicates including the Hala. Will probably buy the full art trainers I want singly online since those are my favorite cards from each set and they are extremely hard to pull.

I would think the odds are functionally random for mass-retailer singles, though that probably depends on how well each lot is mixed up before shipping.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
It actually happened before but at Meijer, a midwest store similar to Walmart. I went to one Meijer and grabbed like 8 Furious Fists packs from the front of the rack then four Phantom Forces. There were no holos but instead every 3rd pack had an ex or better. The next day I went to the other Meijers and just bought 13 Phantom Forces and got 3 more ultras. Got 2 secret rares and 3 full arts in those packs. I would think they would average 1 holo or better every 3rd pack like right out of the shipping box but its lucky when they have the ultras lumped together.

Last edited:
Years
Opened another pack today. It was the last General Mills cereal box pack I had. Promo in it was the Litten.

It actually happened before but at Meijer, a midwest store similar to Walmart. I went to one Meijer and grabbed like 8 Furious Fists packs from the front of the rack then four Phantom Forces. There were no holos but instead every 3rd pack had an ex or better. The next day I went to the other Meijers and just bought 13 Phantom Forces and got 3 more ultras. Got 2 secret rares and 3 full arts in those packs. I would think they would average 1 holo or better every 3rd pack like right out of the shipping box but its lucky when they have the ultras lumped together.

I've had stretches where I've not even pulled a standard rare holo in 8 of those packs so it seems to even out.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2018
Got a triple-booster blister pack this weekend (Crimson Invasion).

Pulled a Guzzlord GX. It was my first Ultra-Beast pull, so I was pretty excited.

I have a blister to open which includes a Golisopod promo, a booster, and a coin.

I also have a Decidueye GX premium collection box to open.

I probably wont open those for a few days, as I am behind on cataloging cards that I've already opened.

Edit: Just opened my booster and pulled a Silvally GX

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened a Tsareena Box and a Bewear Box. Walmart had them bundled together for 23 dollars. The Bewear box had a full art Metagross and a M Steelix Ex.

I also opened a Darkrai tin, the little tin from the walmart toy section. They had new Blastoise tins there also but didn't buy one because wasn't sure what packs were in it. The Darkrai tin had a full art Glaceon.

Finally I opened the new Zoroark shining collection box and got another Shining Jirachi.

I'm not sure if I posted this but I bought 12 of the promos from the XY Premium Collection box, I bought all but N and Jirachi. Most of the cards were under 10 dollars each, they all ended up being 50 dollars. The full art N is going for about 30 dollars so i can see why the box is 100 dollars but I really only wanted the textured full art cards from the box.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2018
I opened a Tsareena Box and a Bewear Box. Walmart had them bundled together for 23 dollars. The Bewear box had a full art Metagross and a M Steelix Ex.

I also opened a Darkrai tin, the little tin from the walmart toy section. They had new Blastoise tins there also but didn't buy one because wasn't sure what packs were in it. The Darkrai tin had a full art Glaceon.

Finally I opened the new Zoroark shining collection box and got another Shining Jirachi.

I'm not sure if I posted this but I bought 12 of the promos from the XY Premium Collection box, I bought all but N and Jirachi. Most of the cards were under 10 dollars each, they all ended up being 50 dollars. The full art N is going for about 30 dollars so i can see why the box is 100 dollars but I really only wanted the textured full art cards from the box.

Yeah, seems like you took the more inexpensive route.

The only time I have ever ordered singles in when I want a new cards for my decks. Otherwise, I enjoy the experience of opening boosters.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Today I bought some packs from Walmart, I got the new mini Blastoise tin. It contains a XY base set Blastoise Ex and 4 packs, they are Burning Shadows, Guardians Rising, Steam Siege and Ancient Origins. My had a couple holos.

I also got some loose packs, I pulled a Plumeria full art, a Marshadow Gx and a holo Zygarde.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2018
Today I bought some packs from Walmart, I got the new mini Blastoise tin. It contains a XY base set Blastoise Ex and 4 packs, they are Burning Shadows, Guardians Rising, Steam Siege and Ancient Origins. My had a couple holos.

I also got some loose packs, I pulled a Plumeria full art, a Marshadow Gx and a holo Zygarde.

From an aesthetic perspective, I think the full art trainers are my favorite cards out there. Especially the full-art Gladion.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2018
Picked up 5 boosters from the card shop today. 2 Guardians, 2 Crimson, and 1 Burning. I pulled a Full-Art Ho-Oh GX from the Burning pack, so I consider it a good haul.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened a Guardians Rising etb today.

I got a Kommo-o rainbow rare, a Sylveon Full art, a Metagross gx and a Blissey holo

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Unfortunately it was only my second rainbow rare from Guardians Rising and a duplicate. I don't know what the odds are to pull the same card twice with 15 different variants in the set.

But it is cool to get 3 ultra rares in an etb and the Sylveon was one I wanted from the set and completely unexpected as I pulled it in the last pack.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 25, 2017
I just got a full art rainbow rare Tapu Le Le out of a guardians rising elite trainer box, what are the odds of that, just wondering.

It's a Christmas Miracle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back