• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lou Reed: Passed Away at 71

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
Years
  • Famous guitarist, songwriter, and poet, Lou Reed, passed away today. Best known for his work with The Velvet Underground and also his solo career, he will be missed. Does anybody have any good memories about his music, or did you ever meet him? This thread is to celebrate his life as he wanted it to be.

Last edited:

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
    Years
  • I recall seeing one of Lou Reed's videos on Beavis and Butthead and they loved it.

I think that was his song, "No Money Down". Yeah, a lot of famous people have been dying recently, but this death was a bit sadder for me since I loved The Velvet Underground since I was very young and I've been listening to them longer than I can remember.

Years
  • Lou Reed is responsible for the one song that my fiance and I can call "ours". Thank you, Lou. You will be forever missed.

The song in question, "Perfect Day".

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • Him and the Velvet Underground were responsible for the Strokes, who are currently by far my favourite band, and he was such a huge influence on rock music that if he hadn't done what he had, music wouldn't be where it was today. VU wasn't famous but anyone who listened to it back when it was released probably formed a band sometime in their lives.

RIP, Lou Reed.

Years
  • I don't have any personal feelings toward him or his music, no songs that touched me or anything, but it is sad he's gone now. He did a lot to shake up the music world and it wouldn't be what it is today without him.

Back