• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Love--- does it hurt or not?

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2008
    Every time I've ever felt infatuation for a girl, everything in my life immediately took a turn for the worse. I don't allow myself to get crushes or fall in love - it just winds up hurting me, or making the object of my affection feel uncomfortable.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I'm not a complete expert at this, but love may end up hurting people.
    It depends if you're mixed in with the wrong crowd, and fall in love with someone who does not love you back.

But, love may be very special, if the person you love is genuine, and loves you back just as much as you love them.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I agree with most of what many people have said here.
    I may not be the most intelligent one to learn about this matter from, but I'll tell this:
    True love doesn't hurt. It's just that most people now calls crushes "love", but they won't last long in the long run.
    Another thing is, love and relationship for sexual desire is not the same thing.
    Yes, they can exist together, but the latter cannot exist on it's own for more than a little while.

And yes, there's someone made for another all the time. You just have to find them.
    It wouldn't have been too hard if people weren't immature, and actually cared deeply for their love claim.

Oh, and my question to someone who was putting scientific thoughts into love in this thread: Are you heartbroken or something?:\
    Science hasn't been able to prove god right or wrong. Same goes for love. And the rest is answered in my post already^

wobbadude1

Everybody Polkamon!
    Years
    what I believe is that everyone has a true love and if you're patient you will find that person someday.

Couldn't have put it better myself! That's what I believe anyway...

It can hurt when you get rejected or dumped and you feel as if there is something wrong with you- even though there isn't! It's a horrible feeling!

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    From personal experience, I can safely say that it does. I don't want to go into details, but love is not only a truly glorious thing when you eventually find it, it can be a very nasty feeling that turns even the most trustworthy people into the worst imaginable lying, cheating backstabbers.

Most people may not believe in fate, but I believe what happens happens, there's somebody for everyone and it'll be worth it when you find it/it finds you.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    ... this is a hard question. In my experience, it can hurt. But only when rejected. Saying that, love can either make you feelvery good... or very bad...

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
    well, possibly something i will never experience... ah well.

i would say both. it could possibly be a great feeling, and when it hurts, it must hurt. must feel exactly like your heart is removed from your chest.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    Love it amazing, it makes you happy, makes you feel free and see the world beautifully. Love isn't what hurts, it's people.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    It hurts... badly.

Maybe a month and a half ago, I was dating this girl for maybe 2 years, and my friend heard her tell her friend that she'd kill herself if I ever broke up with her......

The story just goes on and on, and most of you probably don't want to hear that story, so the idea is: yes, it hurts.

ShadowDeeps

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2021
    Love, to me, reaches - through any art incarnation (whether it be music or visuals) - a range and set of emotions and a depth of bond that should be taken in earnest. It should be what the booming sun wishes to give in my eyes, not the vase that seeks to constrict flowers (though that would be tough love). It isn't a singular thing. If you aren't forgotten but can be reserved, then love can be a very empyrean and wonderful thing in my eyes. Though, I'm thinking more love and less pensive obsessions (which may border or reach possessiveness). As such, there is no unrequited love when love is mutual by nature, even if it leaves the greatest of scars.

It's also interesting how many wish they never hate or were hated, but how can you know love if you don't know hate? I see them as two sides of the same coin - and there are also emotions and things humanity has yet to divulge (or that hasn't been yet decided). Though, whether love hurts or whether it's good or bad? I suppose that ranges in opinion and construing.

Last edited:
    Years
    I don't think love is suppose to hurt, but rather selfish choices that are made in it, you know?

Yeah, I think I need to think that statement through, but for the most part I haven't been hurt by love unless there was a selfish act on my side or the other; and I mean that as the significant other sense. However, I don't really think it's like it.

It has it's ups and down for sure.

But I believe God is love, and He never intends to hurt any of His children.

Years
    Well it all depends. It does for different reasons of different relationships. You can still love someone even though they cheated and you saw it. so it hurts to know that. It hurts to find out that the person doesn't like you too. During a relationship someone could be busy as well and etc. Love is the best and worst thing. It can make you all great, but it also can m,ake you cry more than ever.

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    Losing Love hurts, but it's such an amazing thing when it's real and it works. When you're right for someone else, everything around you seems to be absolutely amazing. Love gives you the opportunity to be completely open and vulnerable with someone else, and you lose that feeling that you're alone in the world. It's the only time you can truly be yourself. And when you lose that, you lose the one person you were able to confide in, share everything with, and that leaves a huge hole in your heart... but as long as there is love in this world, there is hope. Hope for me, hope for her, and hope for the entire world.

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
    Love is....... unpredictable...
    Sometimes, it hurts you, a lot, and sometimes it might just be teh most sweetest feeling/thang ever...
    If you know how to... nurture it, take good care of your loved one/s, it might not hurt you at all...
    thats what im trying to do... and im giving it all i've got :D

Kirakishou

*~Snowdrop Crystal~*
    Years
    I am going to assume that you mean romantic love, and base my opinion around that.

In which case I would say that yes, love does hurt, because it is not in human nature to do it. Humans are a cruel, uncaring and entirely self-centered race who are only in things for themselves. The "true" love spoken of in poems, stories and songs is an impossibility for humanity, because everyone puts themselves first. When people try to go against their nature, it WILL hurt, because they simple cannot do it and it is extremely frustrating when it does not yield the expected results. Love, or what is perceived as love, NEVER lasts, because it is never fully reciprocated, for you cannot know someone else's emotions or thoughts, and, unless you die at the same time as your partner, you're going to be left alone.

For love to NOT hurt, you have to have ABSOLUTE faith - an impossibility, because everyone doubts at some time or another - and/or just not care about what the other person thinks, which completely denies the point. Or you have to die before it starts to hurt. None of those are particularly nice options, in my opinion.

~Mew

lady champ
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2008
    same here. love is great and can suck. i hate falling in love :(

Back