• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lucario and Why You Hate or Love Him

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
  • I find Lucario to be really overrated as many have said. But my pet peeve with the thing is that every time it (or Riolu) makes an appearance in the anime, discussion rots to "ASH SHOULD TOTALLY CATCH ONE OMG IT'D BE SOOOOO COOOOOL OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!1111one!11uno!111eleventy", which really pisses me off.

I would lose all respect for Rukario if Ash/Satoshi got one (or a Rioruu) on his team >.>

LugiaFreak

Years
  • Well, I think the fact that Lucario was in a movie and a video game (SSBB) were two reasons he became really popular.
    In my opinion, I think his design is decent, but... Lucario's got to lay off the doughnuts, man. They're going straight to his thighs. -.-''

Zetta-Chan

Shuckle Is A Goofy Goober. :D
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    I like him in competitive battling, but nothing else. He is WAY over rated.

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
  • I don't like him, but I don't hate him either.
    He's pretty overrated, but eh.
    You learn to ignore the rabid fans of pretty much anything after a while.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I like Lucario a lot, because it has a really good spc atk, and regular atk, and just look at it! Its awesome looking!!! Lucario is like one of the best sinnoh pokemon on my list. ^_^

Candace

Beauty Trainer
    Years
  • I neither hate nor love Lucario. I'm indifferent to him

But his pro's:

• Allthough dingo-based, I do love humanoid looking Pokémon's. They're so cool <3
    • He's steel, and I love steel type (even if its not amongst my top 5 tyypes)
    His con's:

• He's very over-rated
    • Ugh, yet ANOTHER dog-based Pokémon. I'm fed up with it
    • There's really nothing special about him. He make dog-loving people froth slightly when appears, and he's steel... but that's it. What's the deal with him, really?

Cid

Years
  • I used to like him, though I realized that he looked like he had a hideously huge nose instead of a snout (because his mouth was positioned under his "snout").

Besides the appearance, nothing about him bothers me.
    So yeah, I'd say that I don't really like or hate him.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    It's overrated... it doubted it's master... it's attitude towards Ash on the first parts of the movie are revolting...

BUT it has a quite excellent movepool and typing. It looks cool too.-->
    Spr_4p_448.png
    see?

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • In my opinion, I think his design is decent, but... Lucario's got to lay off the doughnuts, man. They're going straight to his thighs. -.-''

Heheh, good one!!
    .emerald said:
    BUT it has a quite excellent movepool and typing. It looks cool too.-->
    Spr_4p_448.png
    see?

I think it's Diamond and Pearl sprite is better.
    Spr_4d_448.png

I'm not so sure why I like Lucario. I guess because it's really unique-a creature that can sense and use aura!! But then again, all Pokemon are. :D

Gyroh

Sin Comentarios
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    I never used Lucario, but he must be a very good character since he is High tier. I'll use him later, right now I want to use Donkey Kong.

raichu262410

Electric Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2009
    lucario isnt my favorite but I like him because he reindds me of Sonic when he runs

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It does have an awkward design but weird is good. It seams like Mewtwos counterpart in a way but they are still so similar

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Also, did anyone else notice that in 'Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team', the top rank was actually Lucario Rank. Not Master, Platinum or anything else.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Also, did anyone else notice that in 'Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team', the top rank was actually Lucario Rank. Not Master, Platinum or anything else.

Yeah I thought that was strange too but that was when it was all new and over exaggerated

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Lucario is awesome...and so is riolu...I mean he looks great, he can know aura sphere, he's fast and powerful when used correctly...what isn't there to love about this pokemon!?

Back