• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Lyra said Marill evolved... but it didn't?

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    So earlier I decided to random call Lyra (I don't know why, just for kicks. 0__o), and she started exclaiming how her Marill evolved. So I went to New Bark Town and went to her house and she was there still with her Marill (not Azumarill).
    Has this happened to anything else? And will her Marill ever evolve?

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Hey, yeah! She lied to me too!
    The only explanation for this could be:
    1.) She called as it was evolving, but stopped it.
    2.) She blatantly lied, perhaps because she was jealous of YOUR pokemon all evolving.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I wondered if this had happened to anyone else, but me. A couple days ago, I was training outside of Goldenrod City, when Lyra called me instead. She went on saying how her Marill had evolved as well. It wasn't until I decided to go to the Underground in Goldenrod where I bumped into her once more. Expecting to see Azumarill following her, to my surprise it was still a Marill.

My facial expression to that ... O_O; Is she sure that thing evolved?

Anyway, it's funny how that turned out. I've read around that she just catches more Marills to follow her around. XD Not sure why, and if it's all true, but meh whatever floats his/her boat - as the male pseudo-rival does the same thing.

awsomedude30

Am I a beginning trainer?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2014
    maybe she has 2 marills?
    anyway yea she said that to me too and i looked for her and i was like wtf?

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Rearrange her name and what do you get? Lyar. lol
    That hasn't happened to me yet, but sounds hilarious.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    She has 6 Marill-Families all trained from Azurill Eggs she received from her Grandfather the Day Care Man, Thats why she has so many and she was talking about one of the others...

iRawr

Poli?
    Years
    • Uk
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    Nah she hasn't told me this yet but when she does i'm gonna lol so hard :3

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I wondered that, Lyra- you're a Lyar. You have a $*#!! Marill.

SCV058

The Able Vet
    Years
    It happens a lot. I mean in Emerald, if you stand in the old ladies house that heals you, call your rival, she/ he will say that she/ he is in that house, when clearly they are not. Nintendo doesn't expect kids to go check their rival every time you call them xD.

encas

Don't tread on me.
    Years
    Odd. This hasn't happened to me yet, but I'm sure it will. The only NPCs that call me are the random trainers, not Ethan/Lyra. ;__;

Nonetheless, this reminds me of that one trainer in Cinnabar Island in the original R/B who, when traded a Raichu, will claim that it evolved. That's what I immediately thought when I first read some of these responses.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    The weird guy from Cinnabar either knows NOTHING about Pokemon, or, more likely, he lied to make you envious.

Yoak

Pokemon Battler In-Training
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2012
    They guy in cinnabar when you trade a pikachu? I'm pretty sure it was a Pikachu because I remember this "Cheat" to get a green pikachu that involved him. It worked half the way. He tells you it ran off. It's supposed to be in the powerpoint somewhere, but I can't find it.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Lol, that was just hilarious. Lyra, you Lyar. That never happened to me, but I hope it does. The only thing Lyra told me that was remotely funny was that her Marill has gain weight. Lol.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Sounds exciting. I've probably gotten this call a bunch, I just couldn't read any of it. XD

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
    So earlier I decided to random call Lyra (I don't know why, just for kicks. 0__o), and she started exclaiming how her Marill evolved. So I went to New Bark Town and went to her house and she was there still with her Marill (not Azumarill).
    Has this happened to anything else? And will her Marill ever evolve?
    Lyra has called me to tell me that her Marill was evolving, TWICE. I'm still confused.

Zowayix

hi
    Years
    Odd. This hasn't happened to me yet, but I'm sure it will. The only NPCs that call me are the random trainers, not Ethan/Lyra. ;__;

Nonetheless, this reminds me of that one trainer in Cinnabar Island in the original R/B who, when traded a Raichu, will claim that it evolved. That's what I immediately thought when I first read some of these responses.

That's because the text for English R/B was taken from Japanese Blue, where you gave the trainer a Graveler or something. They forgot to change it.

Back