• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Macbook Pro screen shutting and Log in

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • I have recently gotten a Macbook Pro and I love it but there are a few things I would like to change on it. 1st is to have it keep doing what its doing when I shut the lid instead of going to sleep mode. Also I would like to make it so it will ask me for a password when I boot up. I don't know why it isn't asking me when I log in. Any ideas?

.Socks

free yourself
    Years
  • On the Dock (if you haven't changed anything around, of course), click the System Preferences icon (the one that looks like a few cogs in a sqaure space).
    If you have removed this icon from the Dock, click on your desktop. In the far left-hand corner, click on 'File', and 'Find...'. Search your Applications for System Prefs. (:
    Under 'Personal', click on the Security icon. If I remember correctly, I disabled Automatic Login.
    You can just toy around with that, I suppose.

To remedy the sleeping problem, go to System Preferences and click on 'Energy Saver', underneath the Hardware headline. Slide the arrows to 'Never'.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Edit: Woops, looks like I'm late to the party. See the post above.^

No idea about how to change the sleep mode behaviour, but:

Your MacBook Pro is automatically logging in. Hence why it's not asking for a password. This can be easily changed at:

System Preferences -> Accounts -> Login Options -> Automatic Login -> Disabled

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
  • Edit: Woops, looks like I'm late to the party. See the post above.^

No idea about how to change the sleep mode behaviour, but:

Your MacBook Pro is automatically logging in. Hence why it's not asking for a password. This can be easily changed at:

System Preferences -> Accounts -> Login Options -> Automatic Login -> Disabled

Thanks guys. Now I don't have to worry about logging in without a password. But I am still in need of knowledge on how to change sleep mode settings.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • unfortunately there is really no way to disable sleep mode when you close the lid of your macbook from Mac OS X itself, however the closest thing I can suggest is ty out a program called InsomniaX. From what I've read on it, it allows the continued use of the computer while the display is closed. Otherwise I'd suggest using it in "clamshell" mode. you would have to hook up an external keyboard, mouse and monitor, but essentially you'd be bypassing the default notebook screen and still be able to have projects running.

Back