• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Made By the Hands of That Lady

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I'm gonna make a second attempt of this. Let's see if it dies or not.

Also, I do have a note on criticism.

I ask that, if possible, you try to articulate as much as you can how to FIX the issue you have rather than pointing it out. A lot of the time, I'm already aware of it, but I might not necessary know what the proper solution is. For example, let's say you think the legs are awkward on a picture I did. Try to think about why that might be. Maybe one of them is too small, and needs to be bigger. Perhaps the angles are too sharp. Etc. That sort of thing.

Also, I don't generally go back and fix errors in an already finished piece. (Unless it's a very simple piece, like my symbols) But that doesn't mean I don't listen to criticism! I will definitely take what has been said about a previous piece into account when working on the next. Really, I will. So don't feel like it has no effect. Your comments do.

Thank you! Try not to be too hard on me though. :P

Regular Old Art

Lunaris vs. Sans
    I watched my fiance beat this guy in Undertale, and I was so awed that I had to draw it to commemorate it. (I'm not very good at conveying motion; in the second panel, he's throwing Sans)

Spoiler:

Lion Male (Aelita)
    What a lion looks like in my original Aelita Crystal series. I'm basically working on all the different species there.

Spoiler:

One As You
    More stuff based on affection for that man known as Lunaris. Made as a surprise for Valentine's Day.

Spoiler:

Evolve
    Shiny Eevee considering her options for evolution.

Spoiler:

Elements
    Shiny Eevee's three sisters kind of showing off or something in a barren setting.

Spoiler:

Anthro Braixen Pokesona
    Basically what it says. My Pokesona, but more humanoid. This particular character was created for a science fiction-based RP on Deviantart, hence the weirdo techno stick she's holding.

Spoiler:

Symbols

Aelita Crystal
    The (as of now) logo of the Aelita series.

Spoiler:

Elements of Aelita
    Symbols for my elemental system used in the Aelita series. If you're really curious about their meaning, I explain it on this page here.

Spoiler:

Arkra
    The symbol in my signature. It is used to represent me. NOT A VECTOR.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Thank you guys. ^^ I really appreciate the kind comments! I didn't realize that one of my strengths was color.

Anyway, here's a commission I did for Fennekin210:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I'm working on a few things at once. Really time-consuming, so I'll show you some older art for now.

Firelink and Phoenix, an old commission I did involving a crossover between My Little Pony and Dark Souls. I'm quite proud of it due to the unusual style of the piece, but I realize there are some... perspective issues. Still practicing that!

Spoiler:

Impulse and Psyche, these are symbols for basically physical (Impulse) and magical (Psyche)-type attacks in Aelita.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oh, yo hey!
    Nice job on this!
    You should be proud! It looks like you put a lot of thought into this piece. Interesting brush strokes in the shading, and the color choice fits an worn out or older paper.
    I'll be honest, perspective is hard a lot of artists are still learning it. Don't feel bad, but I like that you noticed it and plan to improve on it!

75f64ff797.png

It's not too huge of a perspective issue - just a little too much face showing. And they have an expression! With less face, you can still give your character expression through the body language! You can look at human poses, but also animals can have a different way of expressing an emotion! (ex a dog's tail can indicate the dog's happy or scared depending on the movement or position it's in) - I'd look up and see if horses or ponies do anything different with their body language. You had a good idea with lowering the ears! Why not lower the body a little more? Or the head? It could express "cowering in fear" if that's what you're going for! Sorry if my small thumbnail doesn't read fear, but I'd still suggest maybe lower the head and front part of the body.
    I didn't know if this was something you'd want to look at but the talons could also emit more danger with a tiny bit more interaction or rotation. Apologies, the talons I drew are wonky and a bit messy but you might get the idea of what I'm saying.
    Overall, yo! Good job you did a fantastic job! C:​

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Oh, yo hey!
    Nice job on this!
    You should be proud! It looks like you put a lot of thought into this piece. Interesting brush strokes in the shading, and the color choice fits an worn out or older paper.
    I'll be honest, perspective is hard a lot of artists are still learning it. Don't feel bad, but I like that you noticed it and plan to improve on it!

75f64ff797.png

It's not too huge of a perspective issue - just a little too much face showing. And they have an expression! With less face, you can still give your character expression through the body language! You can look at human poses, but also animals can have a different way of expressing an emotion! (ex a dog's tail can indicate the dog's happy or scared depending on the movement or position it's in) - I'd look up and see if horses or ponies do anything different with their body language. You had a good idea with lowering the ears! Why not lower the body a little more? Or the head? It could express "cowering in fear" if that's what you're going for! Sorry if my small thumbnail doesn't read fear, but I'd still suggest maybe lower the head and front part of the body.
    I didn't know if this was something you'd want to look at but the talons could also emit more danger with a tiny bit more interaction or rotation. Apologies, the talons I drew are wonky and a bit messy but you might get the idea of what I'm saying.
    Overall, yo! Good job you did a fantastic job! C:​
    The commissioner actually told me that he wanted the face to show and also wanted it from that angle... I was kind of in a hard spot there. ><

But other than that silly excuse, thank you for these helpful pointers! Emotions are things I struggle to convey a lot in my work, through body language especially. I'll keep that in mind for the next picture. :3

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Hey Arylett! These are all really nice. After that post from Anastasia not sure of what to say haha, she nailed it.

What I did noticed is the soft shading and hard strokes in the Sans drawing. The drawing is pretty good itself, but with those hard strokes I think the soft shading makes it look a little flat. Besides that everything's looking great. Sorry for not visiting before, but I'm on full focus now and I'll be looking forward to see more from you :)
    Yeah, soft shading and hard strokes is kind of my style in general. Although I can see how that would make it look a little flat on that image. In my opinion though, the hard strokes go well with the starkness and brightness of the colors, making the characters stand out a bit more. For a situation like that, I'll probably try to make the shading more vivid in the future though.

But it's not a problem! Comment whenever you feel. And thank you for your comment very much. I appreciate any words at all! :3

So, here's the thing I've been working on for a LONG time. (I struggled with the pose in particular) It's a birthday present for my favorite person in the whole world. Happy Birthday, Lunaris Adamantine!

Presenting Magical Girl Luna:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • I like this one! You really relate well the character with Magic, wings, hands, horns and some magic gears....

But I just wonder if you can make the wing to spread bigger.

Anyways , great job * Thumbs up*

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Those symbols are so professional looking that i swear they are better than most other symbols done by professional artists. The symmetries are just so good, and i think you pulled off one of the more difficult things to do when making them, and that's the symmetrical proportions. I've seen a couple of symbol and/or logo art done by other professionals and i swear some of their work just ended up crooked.

That magical Luna art work though. I really like it, but there's something about those lens flares (correct me if I'm wrong about them) that kinda makes me giggle. Then again, even I'm a person who can't resist putting lens flares in my own work so i can forgive that ;)

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I like this one! You really relate well the character with Magic, wings, hands, horns and some magic gears....

But I just wonder if you can make the wing to spread bigger.

Anyways , great job * Thumbs up*
    Horns? Those aren't horns. They're ears, like griffon ears. I failed at depicting that, heh. ><

I did consider making the wings bigger, but it overtook the picture, and looked really bad when it was zoomed out.

But yes. Thank you for your compliments. I am quite flattered!

Those symbols are so professional looking that i swear they are better than most other symbols done by professional artists. The symmetries are just so good, and i think you pulled off one of the more difficult things to do when making them, and that's the symmetrical proportions. I've seen a couple of symbol and/or logo art done by other professionals and i swear some of their work just ended up crooked.

That magical Luna art work though. I really like it, but there's something about those lens flares (correct me if I'm wrong about them) that kinda makes me giggle. Then again, even I'm a person who can't resist putting lens flares in my own work so i can forgive that ;)
    Aww! I am so flattered with that. I'm really glad you think my symbols are that good. Symbols are actually one of my favorite things to do. :3

Oh, those aren't lens flares. I just used two Photoshop brushes in conjunction. (One was a bunch of circles and another was this really shiny star sparkle) But they aren't really supposed to be serious in the first place. I actually put them there because magical girl sequences in anime tend to be really flashy, sparkly, and over the top. I thought they'd add to that kind of stupidness. They actually make me giggle too. XD

Years
  • Arylett, I'd recommend you resize your images that you post. Having such huge images makes it difficult for people to properly view your work.
    It's hard to take in the entirety of a work or composition if you can't even see all of it on one screen and makes it difficult for people with slower internet or smaller screen to see it.

You can either resize them and reupload them so they can load easier with a smaller file size, or you could at least contain in images in a css tag that restricts it's width.
    Code:
    [cd=width:600px;]

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Arylett, I'd recommend you resize your images that you post. Having such huge images makes it difficult for people to properly view your work.
    It's hard to take in the entirety of a work or composition if you can't even see all of it on one screen and makes it difficult for people with slower internet or smaller screen to see it.

You can either resize them and reupload them so they can load easier with a smaller file size, or you could at least contain in images in a css tag that restricts it's width.
    Code:
    [cd=width:600px;]
    Huh, really? It looks just fine on my tablet and my phone... perhaps it's related to layout. In any case, I've applied 60% for the width. It will scale now based on your browser/screen size to 60% of that. Hopefully, that will fix the problem. I prefer that as it will allow people with larger screens to still see them pretty big and will make it easier on smaller screens as opposed to a fixed width.

These look nice! Good job. I really like the symbols.
    Thank you very much. I appreciate you taking the time to give me a positive compliment on my gallery. :3

Back