• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Magic: Individual Card Discussion

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    So here's the long awaited CotW (actually nobody KNEW about it...). Yay!

Where do I start? This week's card? Guys, discuss about the card and rate it if you want to, too. :P

Golden Wish 3WW
    Sorcery
    Choose an artifact or enchantment card you own from outside the game, reveal that card, and put it into your hand. Remove Golden Wish from the game.
    Rare - Judgement

Picked this hunnie up just a few days ago. So i might as well rate it.

First...rulings:
    1. If you're playing casual, who the **** cares if you're calling a card you don't have and is just a proxy?
    2. if you're playing tourneys, you can only wish for card in your sideboard OR removed zone (e.g. a mirari's wake that got altar's lighted)
    3. Golden Wish goes to graveyard IF the spell is countered.

Stats:
    For a measly 5 mana, you can look for any enchantment or artifact card. Hmmmmm...tutor for 5. Probably the most expensive tutor, but it puts the card directly into your hand to compensate. So knock youself out. Pay 10 mana to put out that mirari's wake...so you have 20 next turn (FIREBALL!). Seriously, it's a very useful sideboard card. Y sideboard? burning wish. lol

combo:
    wtf? no combos for tutors.

9/10 (all wishes get at least an 8 anyway)

KLS

PC's Eternal Witness
    Years
    hey i wanna do one too.
    how about this?
    every week you choose one and i choose one
    we switch on and off
    and i can also rate what you rate
    ok let's see

Golden Wish
    3WW
    Sorcery
    Choose an artifact or enchantment card you own from outside the game, reveal that card, and put it into your hand. Remove Golden Wish from the game.
    Judgement
    Rare
    1.why i like it.
    i like how you can retrieve any card that's removed and cards from your sideboard
    2.why i dislike it.
    it's too situational, first of all it costs to much and second of all you'll probably not need it in a good situation.
    3.my rating
    4.5/10 (IMO, casual players rejoice but this is NEVER tournament worthy)

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    i agree its good for casual, but bad fr tourneys...usually at least...instead of drawing it, you can use it Wishes get it out from the sideboard...

Finglonger

Leper messiah
    Years
    quite a useful card as are most of the wishes, loses usefulness in tourney play after the first match as you know what you are up against. But then you sideboard it for the cards you normally would have used it for. fairly good 8/10

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    Sure blasty. You can do next week. You can like focus on the standard scene or something. I'll do the older cards or something. :P

And Mullet, I meant you go ahead and make a thread like this, except for YGO (and another for Duel Masters). I'll sticky it after. You are proabably most updated with those two anyway.

KLS

PC's Eternal Witness
    Years
    Arc-Slogger
    4M
    Creature:Beast
    M:Remove the top 10 cards of your library from the game:Arc-Slogger deals 2 damage to target creature or player
    Rare
    1.Never Mind the fact that it has an infinite shock effect,never mind the part that it's a beast,never mind the fact that it fits in beasts,Big Red and LD,never mind the fact that it's my favorite card,just look at it, it has got to be a staple a 5 for a 4/5 is VERY decent for red i've never seen a decent red creature these days
    2.INFINITE SHOCK, well something close to that top 10 cards from your deck sounds steep right? WRONG,it's a finisher, YOU NEVER trigger the effect unless your opponent's at 6 or lower, NEVER.
    10/10
    i won't even think twice about it's rating
    period
    Magic: Individual Card Discussion

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    meh...figured u'd do this card...u DID do it in its own thread...i call next week XD
    Arc slooger is a pretty balanced card...even IF the effect didnt exist, it would still b a decent card considering its a beast. The effect is a great finisher(the opponent'll probably think ur crazy XD)

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    Naw. Without its effect, it's just another fragran hunter. :-/

Anyway, it's a monster from its effect....and you can't get better than that. :P

9/10 (it's been a week already?)

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    hey thats a good idea! ill do 1 right now XD

Intruder Alarm 2U
    Enchantment
    Creatures don?t untap during their controllers? untap steps. Whenever a creature comes into play, untap all creatures.
    Rare: Stronghold, 8th Edition(Core set)
    Rulings:
    1. If multiple creatures come into play at one time, this ability triggers once for each creature. This doesn't matter much, but it can in some cases. *coughcougharcaniscoughcoughwellwishercoughcough* XD
    Stats:
    1. Root of many of the infinite creatures combos
    2. Following the 1st part, activating a Tap ability an infinite amount of time ^
    I'd hav 2 giv this a 9/10...10/10 if it didnt untap the opponent's 2 XD

KLS

PC's Eternal Witness
    Years
    every card you review
    we must look at 3 things
    1. is it maingame?(is it used alot these days)
    2. is it splashable?(can you make or feature this card in your deck)
    3. is it worth the mana?

1.this card has CONTROL written all over on it, but i haven't seen it in maingame as it could be bad for you as much as it benefits you
    2.yes this card is splashable, **** you can create a deck based on this card
    3. 3 is a pretty good cost, just be glad it isn't 4 or higher
    this card is definately tourney worthy in my book but i can't seem to find the right material for this card
    7/10

Last edited:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    sry i dont really no wht main game or spashable are...^^'

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    Any card with just 1 single coloured mna symbol is considered "splashable".

Main Game means "is it good in the current tourney environment"?

This week: crap rare or good uncommon? Skullclamp's banned in everything except for Vintage (lol vintage using skullclamp...never going to happen).

Crap rare it is!

Mana Maze 1U
    enchantment
    Players can't play spells that share a colour with the spell last played this turn.
    Illus. Rebecca Guay
    Rare - invasion

*with some sort of music*
    And invasion we will go...and invasion we will go! I like to rate rejected rares, invasion we will go.

Stats:
    2 for an enchantment with this type of effect is NOTHING to sneeze at. Seriously, cash out to this idiot. I'm paying a dollar for more of this.

Card Potential:
    I'm sure you can think of combos such as turning colours of stuff into other colours and screwing everyone over, but that's not the point here (*cough*that stupid white enchantment that turns EVERYTHING white *cough*)

Against mono-coloured decks: Basically you're limiting them to 1 spell a turn. Think of it as rule of law except only for them...if you don't just play blue of course. If it's green/white/*lesser extent black, you're putting them at a serious disadvantage. If it's blue, you're practically telling them they can't do anything about the blue spells you play (they can't counter!!!). If it's red...well they can burn all they like. If it's colourless...crap they can play as many as they want.

Against 2-colur decks: This is when the card falls apart. See now they have the ability to play a spell of on colour, then the other. however, you're limiting them to decide "which to go first"? It gets much more effective when you scream a counterspell here and there too.

Tourney Express:
    So far it's just T1.5, Vintage, and Extended that can use it. None will use it.

Overall: It's only good against mono-coloured decks, so have fun with it still.
    6/10
    10/10 because it's the cool art.

Last edited:

KLS

PC's Eternal Witness
    Years
    this.card.sucks.
    period
    well it does seem to have a slight chance of doing this with a combo
    but unless your running the same color as your opponent it's worthless
    2.2/10
    ok some call this one of the best common cards in the game right now
    and it's an equipment
    people you know that i'm talking about cranial plating
    ever since the controversy of skullclamp getting banned
    let's look at what other decks have found subsitutes for
    elf and nail = feduncity(the name is something like that) (and is also used in online elf and nail)
    ponza = ponza never was effected by the loss of skullclamp however it was a great enhancer for ponza IMO
    and last but not least
    affinity = cranial plating
    cranial plating
    2 colorless
    Equipped creature gets +1/+0 for each artifact you control
    ok let's read that again
    whoa are you sure that this is even a card? my eyes must be broken i'll read it once more
    ok.can you say EL RIGGO?!!!!
    think about it u can pump ur ravager to a 17/17 in no time
    2 swamps attach cranial plating to target creature = this means you can switch off the effect anytime
    1/10 in random deck
    11/10 in affinity

Last edited:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Ya Cranial Plating's a good card if used in the right deck
    10/10

Today i'll look into one of the cheapest & rarest cards in the game...
    Black Lotus
    Mono Artifact(just Artifact)
    Adds 3 mana of any single color of your choice to your mana pool, then is discarded. Tapping this artifact can be played as an interrupt.
    (T: Sacrifice Black lotus: Add 3 mana of color of your choice to your mana pool.)
    Illus. Christopher Rush
    Rare - Alpha, Beta, Unlimited, Oversize

1. Spashable? 0 mana? i think its spashable
    2. Main game? What Main game? It's been banned from all tourneys since 1/25/1994
    3. Worth the mana? Of Course it just about says 1 turn kill all over it if you have the right hand...
    4. Worth a LOT. Evily rare and expensive.

well...i'd b sayin its a 10/10 if only they unbanned it XD

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    Black Lotus is restricted in Vintage, isn't it? *nods*
    I respect the Power 9 enough to hate them. 100000/10

Plating: wtf? The DOMINATING part about plating: Limited. Open plating. See plating go in deck. See your 1/1 flying become an 8/1 and makes it no longer a chump block against their 5/5 flying. Arguably the best common in Standard.

10/10

KLS

PC's Eternal Witness
    Years
    ok today we are reviewing Black Lotus
    ok let me say that again
    today we are reviewing Black Lotus
    ok once more
    today we are reviewing Black Lotus
    ok usually when i repeat stuff it's either so powerful that it's too stupid to rate it or it sucks so much that it's too stupid to rate it
    in this case is the first case scenario
    no words needed
    100000000000000000000000000000000000000/10

Back