• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Magnezone and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fed

Battling on Wi-Fi.
Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    So what do you guys think they are going to do for the location based evolutions now? Im talking about Magneton->Magnezone and stuff like them, where you had to be in Mt. Coronet or whatever.

These things really annoyed me in SoulSilver because I had to trade to my Plat and back. You guys think new locations will be made where Magneton and Eevee and I dont know what else can evolve?

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • It may be possible to send 1-4th gen pokemon from B/W to 4th generation games. Otherwise, I suppose items may be produced (such as level up holding the Eterna stone)

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Well honestly it'd be easier if they just made a goddamned frost stone so that eevee can do what it always should have been able to do and just use a LEAF STONE to turn into leafeon. As for magnezone and probopass, it says they evolve through special magnetic currents so really the logical thing would be trade them or have them level up while holding the aptly named magnet item !

I'm just scared of what new and crazy gimmick evolutions they'll come up with next (although the "level up with certain move" evolutions were a pretty good idea in my book...)

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Well, they found a way with Rotom changing its forme, =P

Um, I heard they said you can trade your Pokemon, so that's a way. XDD

But if you want to evolve, I guess they'll make a special cave or something, like maybe;
    Sinsshu Island
    XD where you can find a cave there, and those mysterious stones that evolve Eevee.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well, they found a way with Rotom changing its forme, =P

Um, I heard they said you can trade your Pokemon, so that's a way. XDD

But if you want to evolve, I guess they'll make a special cave or something, like maybe;
    Sinsshu Island
    XD where you can find a cave there, and those mysterious stones that evolve Eevee.
    That would be cool if they did that, part of the cave will be covered in moss the other in ice ;)

Years
  • Right now I'm thinking it's just going to be through trading/transfering. I hope I'm wrong. They might make a new location as suggested above. I liked the whole location thing at first for its uniqueness, but now that I think about it, it does become a little difficult to replicate.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'm almost certain it'll simply be through trading and the likes... Gen 4 games are compatible with 5 after all. And if they learn any new moves, they'll either block or remove them when going to Gen 4 games, or so I imagine.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • So what do you guys think they are going to do for the location based evolutions now? Im talking about Magneton->Magnezone and stuff like them, where you had to be in Mt. Coronet or whatever.

These things really annoyed me in SoulSilver because I had to trade to my Plat and back. You guys think new locations will be made where Magneton and Eevee and I dont know what else can evolve?

They will probably expect you to trade them over.

Years
  • I hate to be cynical, but GameFreak does lots of little stuff to try to get you to buy all of their versions. I mean, in HeartGold and SoulSilver, there are only about a dozen pokemon you can't obtain. Why? Why not just make them available? It's so people would buy D/P/Pt. I fear that they will do this again.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    What will happen to Area Evolutions?

So ya, Magnezone, Probopass, Glaceon, and Leafeon. How would we get them in the new games? These are specific evolutions that can only evolve in D/P/Pt. I know there is the Pokeshifter AND Dream World has Leafeon and Glaceon, but if you caught Magnemite, Nosepass, or Eevee in game how would you be able to get those forms?

Possible discussion maybe?

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm guessing they have to come from pokeshifter/dream world. Or maybe if you sent say a magneton to the dream world there's something you could do to make it evolve when it comes back.

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
  • When the first in-game screenshots were released one contained the image of the male character standing in a bluish cave, with rocks that seemed to be emitting some sort of field. That's probably the replacement for Mt. Coronet. The deep forest just before Sky Arrow Bridge probably hosts the Moss Rock/Icy Rock, which will now be available depending on the season.

But to me this isn't really a big deal. It's more of an afterthought, unless Area Evolutions play a bigger role in evolution now. It would be neat if some of the newer Pokemon had Area Evolutions.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • You obviously can't get a Leafeon or a Glaceon without trading from a Sinnoh game or from the dream world. As for Nosepass/Magneton, I can picture them evolving in that cave with the odd electromagnetic properties.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • OR... They'll put a sign on the first route:"this way to moss rock, ice rock, and mt. Coronet!" and by that sign, there will be a small note that says:"apollogies from Nintendo for being so shortsighted, and making dumb and complicated evolutionary ideas!"...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back