• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Majora's Mask 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    What was wrong with Great Bay?
    IIRC, the Great Bay was the horrible water temple where the main room is a spinning propeller that pushes you around really fast while you swim and you have to time your swimming right to get into the correct door. On top of that, I think the dungeon in general was very confusing. Hopefully they'll fix it up like they fixed the Water Temple in OoT by adding coloured paths to the different water-level changers.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • Majora's Mask 3D was the highlight of the entire direct to me. I am so excited for this game, and I'm really glad they're finally making it. I've actually been abstaining from playing my own copy of Majora's Mask for a really long time now in case they do announce MM3D soon, so I can avoid getting "Ocarina of Time Syndrome", in which I 100% completed the original Ocarina of Time a mere 2 weeks before OOT3D released which left me unmotivated to play through the remake for a while. xD

Even so, I've only beaten Majora's Mask once, so maybe I'll be able to 100% it this time. I just hope they do something to make Great Bay Temple less of a chore. I used to complain about OOT's Water Temple, but now I can do it with my eyes closed. Great Bay Temple is much worse, especially with the time limit breathing down your neck. I remember having to reset time twice before being able to beat it, even with the Inverted Song of Time. And Gyorg was a pain too. Stupid radioactive goldfish. I hope they do something about him as well, but I won't complain *too much* if they leave him as is. I mean, I understand, he's a boss and supposed to challenge you and all, but when he Game Over's you around 4 times and your victory the next time is by a stroke of luck, then something's gotta be up with him. xD

Aside from that, I'm glad that the game is finally confirmed, and I am hyped for its release. I just hope they don't pull an OOT3D and "brighten up" the entire game like they did with the Shadow Temple, as this game is supposed to be dark and gloomy. Spring 2015 can't come soon enough.

Majora's Mask 3D

Years
  • I leave the internet for a few months, and this happens.

YES. SO. MUCH. YES. YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW HIGH MY HYPE LEVELS ARE. JUST. WOW.

Nintendo confirmed as company of the year an infinite number of years in a row.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Is it just me, or does the moon look more viscious in this game than in the original (judging from Direct footage).

And did the Happy Mask Salesman pick up Link in the original? I only remember him shaking him, not physically picking up Link off the ground and shaking him.

Also, can't wait to see all of Skull Kid's mischief in 3D :P. I hope they pulled off the dark theme of this game even better than they pulled it off in the original (and trust me, the original felt like it had a pretty freaking dark theme to it). Especially considering MAJORA'S MASK SPOILER ALERT:
    Spoiler:

BrandoSheriff

Years
  • Is it just me, or does the moon look more viscious in this game than in the original (judging from Direct footage).

And did the Happy Mask Salesman pick up Link in the original? I only remember him shaking him, not physically picking up Link off the ground and shaking him.

The moon definitely looks a little creepier, especially due to its more defined face. It also looks to be the same model of the moon used in Hyrule Warriors, which is pretty cool.

And from what I remember, the Happy Mask Salesman did pick up Link and shake him in the original.

Also I found videos comparing the N64 and 3DS version. You can see Link being picked up by the Happy Mask Salesman at the end of the 2nd one:

What gets me is that some areas are noticeably brighter than in the original, such as Gyorg's boss introduction, when Link dances with the twins, and the aforementioned Happy Mask Salesman cutscene, along with the area you meet him in. I hope they don't go too overboard with the brightening.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • What gets me is that some areas are noticeably brighter than in the original, such as Gyorg's boss introduction, when Link dances with the twins, and the aforementioned Happy Mask Salesman cutscene, along with the area you meet him in. I hope they don't go too overboard with the brightening.
    Darkness isn't the only aspect of creepiness, sometimes the things in broad daylight are scarier. I'm sure Nintendo will keep from ruining the original. The brightening might be because of the smaller screen.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Darkness isn't the only aspect of creepiness, sometimes the things in broad daylight are scarier. I'm sure Nintendo will keep from ruining the original. The brightening might be because of the smaller screen.
    True, but lighting is a huge factor in atmosphere. And atmosphere is a huge factor of the experience. I'd rather they kept the more dramatic places darker.

Heck, I'll even turn the 3DS' brightness to the lowest if I have to. That's if they have made it too bright, which hopefully they haven't.

Years
  • I really want to play this. I had the gamecube Zelda disk with all the games and was only 5 to know how to play. So I got Ocarina of Time 3D to finish whatever I was doing and heard so many great things about Majora's Mask. Honestly I was hoping for an HD remake but I guess it'll mean less abandoning on my 3DS.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I really want to play this. I had the gamecube Zelda disk with all the games and was only 5 to know how to play. So I got Ocarina of Time 3D to finish whatever I was doing and heard so many great things about Majora's Mask. Honestly I was hoping for an HD remake but I guess it'll mean less abandoning on my 3DS.
    If you liked OoT, chances are you'll like MM as well. As long as you don't mind the somewhat longer dungeons. But there does seem to be a bit more exploration.

Also, the game has quite a lot of time-based events. It's fun to explore and talk to NPCs. As has been said before, the game's theme is darker than OoT - but for some people, that's what makes it so great.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Eiji Aonuma has come out on Miiverse and announced that Majora's Mask 3D has been in-development since 2011 when they wrapped up Ocarina of Time 3D.

A couple of things to note here based on that:

- That's more time than Ocarina of Time 3D spent in development
    - The original Majora's Mask on the N64 was, famously, built in a year

Eiji also added that, "although we've been working on the game for quite some time, we didn't want to say it was being developed until we were at a point where we could proudly say that this is not going to be just another remake and that it's going to be worth your time". And that changes and new features would be announced closer to the release date.

I know the game has its detractors, but I find the original to be near-perfect so there's not that much to improve upon really :P Plus borrowed assets from OoT3D. What have they spent all this time doing? I'd imagine they have a small team working on this maybe? In addition to Grezzo?

More dungeons? Maybe a Master Quest mode with new dungeon layouts? Gotta be something new in there if they've spent this long! o_o

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Eiji Aonuma has come out on Miiverse and announced that Majora's Mask 3D has been in-development since 2011 when they wrapped up Ocarina of Time 3D.

Eiji also added that, "although we've been working on the game for quite some time, we didn't want to say it was being developed until we were at a point where we could proudly say that this is not going to be just another remake and that it's going to be worth your time". And that changes and new features would be announced closer to the release date.

I know the game has its detractors, but I find the original to be near-perfect so there's not that much to improve upon really :P Plus borrowed assets from OoT3D. What have they spent all this time doing? I'd imagine they have a small team working on this maybe? In addition to Grezzo?

More dungeons? Maybe a Master Quest mode with new dungeon layouts? Gotta be something new in there if they've spent this long! o_o
    I KNEW IT!

I've been saying for two and a half years that it MUST be in development, and I was right! It's been in development for 3 years!
    I knew they were hiding it, and that it was on they way, I was right...

I hope for a Master Quest mode. I'm always drawn towards completing those. From what they've said, it sounds like they've added a lot rather than just adding doing a remake and adding next-to-nothing new like they did with OoT.
    They cannot have ruined it, I believe in them.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    It seems like quite a few LoZ titles lately have had some kind of Master Quest/Hero Mode, so I'm also betting that's the case.

Or, at least, hoping it is. MM is going to be great to go back to and all -- it really is one of my favorite games -- but I'd love to see some kind of extra challenge tacked on, especially for those of us who already know the game by heart.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    It seems like quite a few LoZ titles lately have had some kind of Master Quest/Hero Mode, so I'm also betting that's the case.

Or, at least, hoping it is. MM is going to be great to go back to and all -- it really is one of my favorite games -- but I'd love to see some kind of extra challenge tacked on, especially for those of us who already know the game by heart.
    I agree with this completely. I love a challenge, especially in these fun games.

BrandoSheriff

Years
  • Eiji Aonuma has come out on Miiverse and announced that Majora's Mask 3D has been in-development since 2011 when they wrapped up Ocarina of Time 3D.

That means Operation Moonfall was a success before it even started. xD

As for possible new features, maybe a Hero Mode/Master Quest like OoT3D had? They could add a boss battles mode as well like OoT3D, though it'd be sort of redundant, as you can re-fight the bosses if you so desired just by going back in time. More dungeons is a good idea, as there were only 4 main dungeons in the original. I'd like a few more optional dungeons with new masks or something at the end. No matter what, I'll still be getting it at release.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • I AM also excited, and I can't wait. I love how it was before my bought my 2DS for Christmas. XD It's a dream come true. Never got to fully beat Majora's Mask, but now... now, I can own one of my favorite games of all time. <3

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years

My guesses:

-Hero Mode/Master Quest is obvious
    -adding in a large fetch quest, e.g. skulltulas/maiamai
    -More content

orrrr

-Amiibo support. Scan a character's figurine and recieve a mask of them. Play MM as that character or some type of minigame based on that character's franchise.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    My guesses:

-Hero Mode/Master Quest is obvious
    -adding in a large fetch quest, e.g. skulltulas/maiamai
    -More content

orrrr

-Amiibo support. Scan a character's figurine and recieve a mask of them. Play MM as that character or some type of minigame based on that character's franchise.
    Oh, good point, amiibo never even came to mind for me. I think all of your guesses are pretty likely features of the game. Good thinking on the amiibo compatibility!

Rocka210

The Code Never Bothered Me Anyway
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jan 29, 2015
    I don't know if that was completely awesome or completely frightening...

Either way, I'm super excited for my favorite game to get a remake to a console I actually own!

Did you guys here that Eiji Aonuma said that MM will play a little differently on the NEW 3ds? Weird...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back