• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Make a new partition on Lenovo y530

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hello everyone!

I have got soem trouble with that notebook...my friend asked me to do a format, which is a simple thing if the notebook has a hidden disc with image of factory state...

But creating a new partition or resizing disc C: is much harder thing, because can harm the partition D: with image of factiry state...so this is my entreaty...could someone describe me in clearly way how can I resize all disk in Lenovo y530? Please don't write that "Google doesn't make pain" - I've tried to learn how but I couldn't understand...

Years
  • Honestly, why are you trying to resize the C: partition? There is no way to make it larger without removing the recovery partition, which, based on how confused you are, is something that you don't want to do.

Your post is also very hard to decipher in general.

Years
  • I am sorry, but I am not sure what you are trying to ask.

You want to partition HDD C? But you don't want to effect D? Well, what is the reason for wanting to split C?

Little clearer information please so we can do our best to help.

Years
  • You should not need to resize the disk. If the second partition (D:/) has a recovery partition already, you will press a certain button when booting up to boot off that and reset to the way it left the shop. You WILL lose all of your files and settings.

By the way, what's your native language? The way you say things makes me think French?

Years
  • Ok..sorry for my English at first...

I don't want to make large partition C:, only create a new partition, f.e. E:

I did that on my notebook Lenovo R61i without harming hidden disc (PartitionMagic "saw" it)...but as I read earlier it could be not so easy to do it on Lenovo y530...I hope you understand now what I mean...

EDIT

By the way, what's your native language? The way you say things makes me think French?

Polish...I'm very sorry for writing Polish sentences in English...Polish is so "flexible" in speaking and writing and sometimes I forget English is not :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ok..sorry for my English at first...

I don't want to make large partition C:, only create a new partition, f.e. E:

I did that on my notebook Lenovo R61i without harming hidden disc (PartitionMagic "saw" it)...but as I read earlier it could be not so easy to do it on Lenovo y530...I hope you understand now what I mean...

EDIT

Polish...I'm very sorry for writing Polish sentences in English...Polish is so "flexible" in speaking and writing and sometimes I forget English is not :)
    If Partition magic worked before for your old laptop, it should work with the new one.

Your English is good. It's just when you said "Google doesn't make pain", it sounded like a French mannerism.

Years
  • If Partition magic worked before for your old laptop, it should work with the new one.

Your English is good. It's just when you said "Google doesn't make pain", it sounded like a French mannerism.

OK...I should write "Google doesn't hurt"...I translated literally from Polish

btw. thanks for advice...I try to do this with Partition Magic :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2010
    yup, partition manager serves and simplifies this one. I have tried it. All d best.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • The problem has already been solved. Please do not bump old threads with information regarding problems that have been solved.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back