• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Make The Connection

Years
  • They say opposites attract, but that's not always true. Some like myself prefer the opposite of the opposite. In other cases, the similarity/difference ratio has nothing to do with how we connect. As long as your friends are true to themselves, perhaps that's all you want from them.

What do you like and dislike in people you know that you would like newcomers to know before they meet you? Are you picky or easygoing? Whatever the case, who and what matches the criteria you aim for?

pkmin3033

Eh...I don't really have any sort of criteria for people, really. I am who I am, and other people are who they are. We can deal with it, or we can have nothing to do with one another...either or. It doesn't really matter to me. I suppose, if I had to provide a single criterion, it would be one of basic mutual respect: I will not try to force my opinion upon you if you treat me with the same courtesy. But that's basic etiquette (or it SHOULD be) so I don't think it really counts.

I don't think I get along with some people better than I do others really; the only difference between one person and the next to me is how often I come into contact with them. I don't really have or want any particularly meaningul relationships. It IS easier to talk to like-minded people, but I'm equally content to argue it out with someone who is my complete opposite if someone like that enters my orbit and they feel the need to attempt it.

I'm good with whatever. Talk to me or don't talk to me; it's entirely your choice, because you can be fairly sure I will never initiate a conversation. But I have no real criteria to speak of; getting hung up over things that are beyond my control is a waste of time, and I don't really feel the need to try and impose restrictions on people if they want to talk to me.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Don't be a jerk, treat everyone as best as you can and with respect, and show some compassion, is all I ask for really.

I may not necessarily be friends with someone who doesn't really have any similar interests but doesn't mean I won't like them and that I wouldn't get along with them.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2016
    Im mostly in the group of social outcasts in school because of my moodiness and me being unwilling to socialize, so I dont really choose my friends. I have friends with completely different world views than me, and I have friends who share my views to the point where we might be twins. Im not closer to my similarly-thinking friends than I am to my differently-thinking friends, so yeah, I dont really see how their thinking or world view should affect your being friends.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • What do you like and dislike in people you know that you would like newcomers to know before they meet you? <--- sorry, but this makes no sense.

Anyway, I like people to be aware of my special needs first. I'm pretty easy going about meeting others. I'm not a prejudice type person at all either. I love people for who they are, even if they were Muslim or something. I don't like to leave others out and hate certain groups. The only time I won't be friends with someone is if they are a jerk or bully to other people. I've always been the outcast or loner in life because I never approach people. I wait for them to come to me before striking up a conversation this is due to my severe anxiety and frequent paranoia.

Back